Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: The Avengers Movie sans spoilers

Incidentally, if Marvel were smart (debatable statement, I know), seing the vampire craze that's been going on for quote a while now, they would have put out a movie featuring Morbius the Living Vampire and Werwwolf-By-Night. The two could have been investigating some occultist thing, both coming ta it from diffrent angles until they cross paths, fight, and then team up to bring the baddies down. Marvel could have then linked it to the Avengers movie plot somehow, and then put out a new comic featuring the two at the same time.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I bought the soundtrack CD - album, not score. It was reasonable, a good continuation of previous Marvel movies (because it had a lot of the same bands).

It might have been a bit better if it had had anything to do with the movie!!!
    (I knew that when I bought it - for me it's a good compy of reasonably good music I'd never have got otherwise.)

- Le Messor
    If you were a poor Indian with no weapons, and a bunch of conquistadors came up to you and asked where the gold was, I don't think it would be a good idea to say, "I swallowed it. So sue me."

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Incidentally, if Marvel were smart (debatable statement, I know), seing the vampire craze that's been going on for quote a while now, they would have put out a movie featuring Morbius the Living Vampire and Werwwolf-By-Night. The two could have been investigating some occultist thing, both coming ta it from diffrent angles until they cross paths, fight, and then team up to bring the baddies down. Marvel could have then linked it to the Avengers movie plot somehow, and then put out a new comic featuring the two at the same time.
    Or have Blade kill the cast of Twilight...

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Or have Blade kill the cast of Twilight...
    I am the proud owner of a t-shirt with the caption "And then Buffy staked Edward. The end."

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    There was also a line delivered to Dr Banner about him being the only good authority on gamma radiation that i found annoying, as off the top of my head don't both Dr Langkowski and Doc Samson know quite a bit about that subject as well?
    Going off of memory, in The Incredible Hulk movie, Leonard Samson was only a psychiatrist and didn't have any knowledge of Gamma radiation (and truth be told, even in the comics he's not that brilliant about Gamma Radiation) and at this point Walt doesn't exist in the Marvel Movieverse.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eberly View Post
    Going off of memory, in The Incredible Hulk movie, Leonard Samson was only a psychiatrist and didn't have any knowledge of Gamma radiation (and truth be told, even in the comics he's not that brilliant about Gamma Radiation) and at this point Walt doesn't exist in the Marvel Movieverse.
    In the Edward Norton movie, he was a name on a bit of paper in the opening credits. The psychiatrist you refer to was never named in the movie proper (though I think he was credited that way in the closing credits?)... and him being Samson kind of contradicts those opening credits (which lists Leonard Samson under 'known associates' (of Bruce Banner), which the psychiatrist clearly isn't).

So, it's even more confusing than it looks.

The Avengers movie never seemed to acknowledge the larger Marvel Universe, which was one disappointment I had with it.

- Le Messor
    "If you were to ask a gorilla, "What would you like for your next evolutionary step?", he would probably answer, "Larger fangs and bigger muscles." He would not say, "I want a larger cranial cavity"."
    ~ Rudy Rucker