Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Astonishing X-Men #48 SPOILERFUL Thread

I should have worded it better. I just found that whole bit annoying. Someone said earlier that Northstar picking up the phone with "What the hell do you want, Wolverine?" was totally in character and I agree. But Northstar dragging his feet and whining like that seemed totally off. This, to me, is Northstar: http://www.lonelygods.com/graphics/h...star_large.gif Not the slouched whiner in that scene. That guy reminded me of an eight-year old being dragged to the dentist. "Aw, mom, do I have to???!!"

by the way, I can only use "quick reply" to post, which is why there's no quoting or paragraphs. Just a heads up in case anyone else is having the same problem.
    Last edited by TSOG; 04-03-2012 at 09:46 AM.

Folks, can we please remember to include spoiler space.

Now *I'm* definitely confused. Are you asking that we warn people when our post may contain a spoiler? Because it seemed that the title of the thread would be plenty of warning to someone wanting to avoid spoilers.

The title does, when you view the thread from the main forum, however the issue is that when you view that main page of the site: http://alphaflight.net the preview panel at the right hand side shows the first few lines of whatever people write.As the issue in question's been out less than a week it may spoil some reader's enjoyments as not everyone can go to the shop every week.It's not aimed at any single person. It's just space for the preview panel.

OK, got it. I hadn't considered that.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Folks, can we please remember to include spoiler space.
    Um... until my 'no paragraphs' bug is fixed, I physically can't - but I can use quotes to create the effect. As I am (hopefully) doing here - though I don't think these lines are spoilery.

TSOG: You can retroactively edit some spoiler space in.

Quote Originally Posted by TSOG View Post
    by the way, I can only use "quick reply" to post, which is why there's no quoting or paragraphs. Just a heads up in case anyone else is having the same problem.
    This should probably be in the 'bugs from update' thread...

Also, you can forge it:
    Just type 'open square bracket QUOTE close square bracket open square bracket "Quote quote quotey-quotequote"/QUOTE close square bracket' (without the spaces around the square brackets or the quotation marks).
    You can also type 'open square bracket QUOTE=(name of person being quoted) close square bracket open square bracket "Quote quote quotey-quotequote" /QUOTE close square bracket'. (No round brackets). That won't give you a direct link to the original quote, but it'll create the word balloon effect.
    (That should be enough spoiler space!)

I should have worded it better. I just found that whole bit annoying.
    I think I just forgot the entire second half of the book. For some reason.

Someone said earlier that Northstar picking up the phone with "What the hell do you want, Wolverine?" was totally in character and I agree.
    That was me!

- Le Messor
    "Every generation imagines itself to be more intelligent than the one that went before it, and wiser than the one that comes after it."
    ~ George Orwell
    Last edited by Le Messor; 04-05-2012 at 04:14 PM.

Images

TSOG:

Also, try hitting 'reply with Quote' twice. That works for me. (I know, I know, you shouldn't have to... but it works!)

- Le Messor
    "If the phone rings at 3 A.M., the last voice you want to hear is that of a loved one. But when you're IN love, that's the FIRST voice you want to hear."
    ~ Marilyn vos Savant, Parade Magazine

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    TSOG:

Also, try hitting 'reply with Quote' twice. That works for me. (I know, I know, you shouldn't have to... but it works!)
    I'll be damned, it sure does. I wouldn't have even thought of that.

Okay, back on topic then!

Images

They say that a sign of madness is doing the exact same thing over and over again and expecting a different result each time.
    You'd be amazed how often that actually works.

Wait, there's a topic?

Um, Astonishing #48, yeah, it had Warbird in it... but that's not Carol Danvers. I hope. Isn't she a Shi'ar?

- Le Messor
    "We owe almost all our knowledge not to those who have agreed, but to those who have differed."
    ~ C.C. Colton