Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: News you're not gonna like...

Marvel is just full of simply bad idea people. My sons read nothing but DC now, who'd a thunk it?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Sometimes...I really, really hate the Marvel execs (bunch of lying bastards). Thanks to Greg Pak and Dale Eaglesham for letting us know the news.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Well, when the series was supposed to be 8 issues we were pretty damn happy, remember? They just put it back to where it used to be. Still, it sucks, but this is where we were earlier in the year. What we got was amazing so now should be the time to celebrate volume 4 and the fun times! Sort of weird about the change in plans though, yeah.

I'm still feeling so up on Alpha Flight. Marvel really did try to promote this comic and made particular effort to push it in ways we never saw with v3 nor Omega Flight and hell, we got Dale Eaglesham! So let's enjoy the last three issues and go out on a high note.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Sorry, hate is not the right word...I don't hate anybody, I'm just angry.

Marvel execs are still lying b#$@%$s!

Dana

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Well, when the series was supposed to be 8 issues we were pretty damn happy, remember? They just put it back to where it used to be. Still, it sucks, but this is where we were earlier in the year. What we got was amazing so now should be the time to celebrate volume 4 and the fun times! Sort of weird about the change in plans though, yeah.

I'm still feeling so up on Alpha Flight. Marvel really did try to promote this comic and made particular effort to push it in ways we never saw with v3 nor Omega Flight and hell, we got Dale Eaglesham! So let's enjoy the last three issues and go out on a high note.

Love,
    rplass
    Beautifully put and I couldn't agree more.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post

Love,
    rplass
    Oh I agree, R...I was ecstatic to have the maxi series...I just think it's really despicable of Marvel execs to tell the creative team and make an announcement to fans that it was to be an ongoing, then retract it (Shades of Omega Flight). I guess I can stop buying at two different comic stores now.

Dana

The upgrading & then downgrading got us an extra 10 pages in #8 & an extra variant so it's not all gloom.
    I'll be happy with the well done maxi-series we've got.
    Just a shame the way we had hopes raised & dashed, but that's business for you.

yeah. if they just would have kept it a 8 issue maxi series i would have been fine with it, but upgrading it then cancelling it makes it seemed like it failed. i really hope we get a straight answer on this as to why (sales, creative decision.....)

The one thing I really am bummed about the series not continuing is that there's no classic "heads in the crosshair" issue for #12:

Alpha Flight v1 #12
    Alpha Flight v2 #12
    Alpha Flight v3 #12

Though it does look as if Heather is killing Mac on the solicit for #8 of v4... sort of matches what Greg told me at NYCC that they are going to do something shocking. hmm...
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

IFanBoy didn't seem to get much from Marvel
    UPDATE: When we asked Marvel Comics about the cancellation they issued a “no comment”,
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

the more i think about it the dumber it seems on marvels behalf. i really wish they would have left well enough alone with the maxi series. let the team re-establish itself and go from there. but to upgrade it, then cancel it seems really dumb. it dooms the property from ever having a chance of being credible, because people are going to not bother investing the time since they will think it doesn't stand a chance, and also makes the creators look bad as they upgraded it, then canceled it. just end the maxi series, it makes everyone look better.

i really have to question who's making the decisions at marvel. poor, poor, poor business practices. actually, just plain dumb.

Damn, that really sucks! I mean, where's the love for the Canadians?? *sighs* Damn, knew it was too good to be true.

That's what happens when you just look at the bottom line. If DC never did their #1 thing, maybe Alpha wouldn't have got canned. These suits can't tell their asses from their heads. I mean we can all see that what DC did is just a cash grab, to get higher sales, but as everyone knows as most of those series continue the sales of those books will drop. Dispite all the #1's out by DC, AF did respectably well selling over 23,000 copies.

This what Marvel suits are http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sA2LQfKMZNA

Maybe they are going to launch a new title starring the same exact characters called "CANADIAN AVENGERS"!

Oh, they'll probably have to add Wolverine, Spider-Man, and Luke Cage as members, though.

Isn't that Marvel's modus operandi these days?

this is bad. kiss my Canadian, Tim Horton's lovin' arse, Marvel. again.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/