Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: News you're not gonna like...

Hybrid View

Well, the link leads to a blank page, so...not really sure if i like it or not, cuz i can't read it!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Newsarama doesn't necessarily make it the truth.
    We've seen a cover for #9 and it seems weird to announce an ongoing & then turn turtle on that decision.

However it would explain why the "of 8" hasn't gone on #5 and it was always expected...

Who knows...

What? Come on! That blows! I hope we at least get a mini per year or something like that now!

Dale Eaglesham seems to be confirming on Twitter.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Sad news if true as I thought this was the best version of Alpha Flight in almost twenty-five years.

Oh, this makes perfect sense.
    They let volume 2, which was mildly interesting at its best, go for 24 issues.
    They let volume 3, which was a total abomination, go for 12 issues.
    Now we have volume 4, with some of the best artwork and plots since the early days of Byrne... and they cancel it after 8 issues.
    If I may quote Marrina... WTF ?!?
    The Flight Forever !

Confirmed via solicits.

Article to cone ASAP.

Dumb, why make the announcement and then cancel it? I HOPE they mean the limited series is done and then the on-going will go on with #1

im really confused and im wondering if this is just a solicitation thing. they have been wrong before. it makes no sense and the sales are stronger than generation hope, thunderbolts and x-factor (ar at least on par with) plus they JUST announced it as a ongoing 2 months ago.

wish fred or greg would confirm or deny this.

Dale's pretty much confirmed on twitter.

After yesterday's firing of 14 members of staff I did fear as much, but at least making it to #9. I suppose they have to use the variant somewhere,

As much as I hate to say it, it makes sense and I didn't think it'd make it past #12.

It just seems like Marvel had a con in Canada and wanted to give the sales a temporary spike and didn't want to take **** from fans all weekend so announced an ongoing they were never going to keep.
    I just genuinely wish they hadn't, as I was fine with a well done, maxi-series.

I'm officially done with Marvel.

If there is an upside to this, it is 32 pages so it's gonna be some doozy of a final issue battle, (speculative , could be 32 pages of talking heads).
    Del

Check the front page article for Greg Pak's statement and some teaser art.