Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mr Eaglesham Talks Comics etc

Oh, my, so many questions!

Sypes, Dale and I met in 1989 through an old boyfriend of mine who said we'd be perfect together. He put us on the phone together -- two very shy people -- and we ended up talking for two hours right there and then. Our poor friend got pretty bored waiting, LOL! The rest is history. And of course that's the very short version.

That same friend had told me that Dale was an artistic genius, but I didn't pay attention to him, because he had a man-crush on him and just raved about him so much that I took it with a grain of salt. He was right, of course. But even when I did see his work, I was definitely impressed, but I was used to great art because I was in art school with Dale's brother and the ex-boyfriend.

Batman_von_gein, you may be shocked to read this, but I'm not really a comic book fan! Hope I don't get pelted with rotten tomatoes for admitting that. I'm pretty active in the biz through Dale and my regular interactions with editors, writers, etc. I love the fans and meeting them at conventions, etc. I'm interested in the behind-the-scenes work involved in taking a comic from idea to finished product... But I've never bought a comic in my life! Correction: Being French, I grew up with Astérix et Obélix, Tintin, etc. and I bought lots of those. But not American comics.

That said, I'm ALWAYS interested in Dale's current project and I really get into each one every time. My favourite Alpha Flight character is Marrina!! But honestly, I love them all, it's a truly fantastic team! This is one book I would consider buying. However, I really wish they'd let Walter take his Sasquatch form again - I miss seeing Dale draw him!

Le Messor, en fait ton français est très bon (à moins que ce soit Google Translate?!). Une correction, par contre: Dale n'est pas américain!

Have a great day, everyone!

Wolfette
    I never said I was objective.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Batman_von_gein, you may be shocked to read this, but I'm not really a comic book fan!
    Oddly enough, neither is the owner of one of my LCSs.

Le Messor, en fait ton français est très bon (à moins que ce soit Google Translate?!).
    Merci - et non, c'est le mien.

Une correction, par contre: Dale n'est pas américain!

- Le Messor
    "If everything is coming your way, you're in the wrong lane!"

See! I knew you'd be a great interview!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    See! I knew you'd be a great interview!
    agreed. thank you for answering my question
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!