Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Flight #5 Discussion Thread. **Spoilers**

Hybrid View

Default Alpha Flight #5 Discussion Thread. **Spoilers**

Okay Ladies and Gents. This be the thread (the title explains it all, so I'm not going to go into detail). Please remember Spoiler Space.
    Last edited by DelBubs; 10-13-2011 at 08:33 AM.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

1st impression of # 5: the book feels like it's actually going somewhere, now, even though I don't have a clue what Guardian and Shaman (yes! Thank you!) are up to.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Issue 5 continues to deliver a great story arc. Really liking Mac becoming more and more of a "resistance" leader. Marrina continues to have very few lines in the story... but as usual, she has some of the best. Once again, the final page already has me eager for next month. And, as always, Dale's artwork... oh my God !!!
    The Flight Forever !

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

Loved everything about this issue! I will admit, I was worried about where they were going with AF robbing a bank, but the reason actually makes some sense. Glad to see Mac has a plan, and isn't just running from Johnny Law. On the CBR forums I made a joke that Mac and Alice Hu would hook up, and it looks like they might!

Can't wait for AF #6.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    Loved everything about this issue! On the CBR forums I made a joke that Mac and Alice Hu would hook up, and it looks like they might!
    I don't say this to many people because I don't know how they will react, but I have to be honest - I don't know that I like Hu.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    I don't say this to many people because I don't know how they will react, but I have to be honest - I don't know that I like Hu.
    For the life of me, I don't know if this is a serious statement or the most awesome pun I have heard in a while.

Either way...good for Hu for admitting it!

I am seriously wondering if I should consider whether of not to be upset about this.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

It's not Hu, it's me. I don't like Hu anymore.

I am seriously wondering if I should consider whether of not to be upset about this.
    Why would one take offence to not liking a charter? Is it because she's Asian? It's okay not to like a charter the way they are written, but to not like them because of there ethnic background would be wrong. Personally I don't like Hu that much either, but it might change over time if she is in the new on going series and see if she is written better.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    Why would one take offence to not liking a charter?
    We've been thinking (hoping?) it's because 'I don't like Hu' sounds like 'I don't like you'.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    Why would one take offence to not liking a charter? Is it because she's Asian? It's okay not to like a charter the way they are written, but to not like them because of there ethnic background would be wrong. Personally I don't like Hu that much either, but it might change over time if she is in the new on going series and see if she is written better.
    LOL, I was just riffing on the punning. "I don't like Hu" which sounds like "I don't like you".

Aww rats. I didn't think you would take it seriously. I'm not one of those people on the Internet. I don't relish making anyone feel bad after reading something that I write. It was just meant to be funny. Sorry!

On the subject of Alice Hu though, I like the idea of bringing her in as a supporting character, but as of right now the potential of making her a new Canadian hero doesn't thrill me much. There's too many other Canadian heroes I would rather see revisited. Plus, in my opinion, she should respect his marriage, regardless of whether they are going through a rocky stage. Especially when a child is involved. I didn't really like the goose. For that reason, I'm not sure that I consider her likeable yet.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Aww rats. I didn't think you would take it seriously. I'm not one of those people on the Internet. I don't relish making anyone feel bad after reading something that I write. It was just meant to be funny. Sorry!

On the subject of Alice Hu though, I like the idea of bringing her in as a supporting character, but as of right now the potential of making her a new Canadian hero doesn't thrill me much. There's too many other Canadian heroes I would rather see revisited. Plus, in my opinion, she should respect his marriage, regardless of whether they are going through a rocky stage. Especially when a child is involved. I didn't really like the goose. For that reason, I'm not sure that I consider her likeable yet.
    I was just confused about the whole Hu thing at first, just wanted to clearifie that. As for her goosing Guardian and what that may lead or not lead into, it seems out of charater for her as a news reporter, but then you could look at it as she was having a bit of fun after being what she's been through. She could become likeable if they write her differently. As about revisiting past heroes it might be cool to see what they are up to, but to bring them back into the fold may seem rather redundant, and I rather the team move foward than reliving the past.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

i agree about mac and alice hu. definitely looks like she wants him and if heather is incurable it makes sense. she could even be the new vindicator. the story as always was awesome. can't wait to see how jean-marie screwing over alpha flight was part of their plan. wish there was more shaman in issue 5 but it looks like he'll be in more next one. can't wait til next month.
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by batman_von_gein View Post

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

i agree about mac and alice hu. definitely looks like she wants him and if heather is incurable it makes sense. she could even be the new vindicator. the story as always was awesome. can't wait to see how jean-marie screwing over alpha flight was part of their plan. wish there was more shaman in issue 5 but it looks like he'll be in more next one. can't wait til next month.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    P
    A
    C
    E

I wonder if they do plan to make Hu the next Vindicator? That would be drastic I think. Not sure if it would be good or bad though.

Aurora = Trojan Horse, and I'm betting Shaman will be playing a bigger role with her.