Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Alpha Flight #5 Discussion Thread. **Spoilers**

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Aww rats. I didn't think you would take it seriously. I'm not one of those people on the Internet. I don't relish making anyone feel bad after reading something that I write. It was just meant to be funny. Sorry!

On the subject of Alice Hu though, I like the idea of bringing her in as a supporting character, but as of right now the potential of making her a new Canadian hero doesn't thrill me much. There's too many other Canadian heroes I would rather see revisited. Plus, in my opinion, she should respect his marriage, regardless of whether they are going through a rocky stage. Especially when a child is involved. I didn't really like the goose. For that reason, I'm not sure that I consider her likeable yet.
    I was just confused about the whole Hu thing at first, just wanted to clearifie that. As for her goosing Guardian and what that may lead or not lead into, it seems out of charater for her as a news reporter, but then you could look at it as she was having a bit of fun after being what she's been through. She could become likeable if they write her differently. As about revisiting past heroes it might be cool to see what they are up to, but to bring them back into the fold may seem rather redundant, and I rather the team move foward than reliving the past.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

The final frontier...

(That's what you get for me listening to 'Trek soundtracks while typing this.)

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    As for her goosing Guardian and what that may lead or not lead into, it seems out of charater for her as a news reporter,
    Only if she was actually doing any reporting / interviewing at the time. She's supposed to be detached while reporting, but the rest of the time, she's a human being, same as you lot.
    (I haven't had a chance to pick up the issue yet, so I don't know the context.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    I could eat Alpha Flight for breakfast, lunch and dinner now-a-days, and help myself for a second serving!
    But that would be cannibalism, and is in fact frowned upon in most societies.
    ... wait... you're Wendigo! Run away! Run away!

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    Why would one take offence to not liking a charter? Is it because she's Asian? It's okay not to like a charter the way they are written, but to not like them because of there ethnic background would be wrong. Personally I don't like Hu that much either, but it might change over time if she is in the new on going series and see if she is written better.
    LOL, I was just riffing on the punning. "I don't like Hu" which sounds like "I don't like you".

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    LOL, I was just riffing on the punning. "I don't like Hu" which sounds like "I don't like you".
    I thought that it, but wanted to make my point, just incase. Though nothing wrong in not liking Hu.

I just got back from a 5 day driving road trip across part of this great country. Left Moncton last week and got to spend some time in Québec City (new and old city), Montreal (Shopping, Habs game), Ottawa (parliament building), Toronto (CN Tower, Hockey Hall of Fame), Niagra Falls (even leaned against a similar railing as Mac did in #4 over the falls) and everywhere in between! In the hotels at night, it seemed fitting to re-read all the issues of this new series (many times over) and I made sure to find a comic shop in Montreal to buy this new issue. What a great read! This series just keeps getting better and better!

I would be fine with Alice Hu joining the team, but not as Vindicator. Maybe in a suped-up Groundhog armour? For that matter, what's Walt going to do with all that alien tech? I'm starting to wonder what their plan is for Sasquatch. Is his powerless storyline just a means to have more "Walter the Genius" character moments? Like removing Heather gives Mac room to breathe, so does removing Sasquatch for a while? What about the head trauma they keep bringing up? Could he be forced to retire? Is that where alien tech + Groundhog armour + Alice Hu come in? Is she going to be a Box-like replacement for him? Lots of questions to be answered in the next few months. Can't wait!

My only minor, minor gripe (if you can call it that) with issue 5 is Mac's helmet. I see Dale decided to go with the original Byrne "Space Helmet" look this issue, as opposed to the "face-contoured-mask-with-nosed" he's had so far. I was never a fan of that original helmet. Always looked a bit hokey to me. Hard to take seriously. Like he'd take it off and I picture an Adam West under there instead of a Christian Bale. The mask version just looks more bad-ass to me. Oh well! Other then that, everything was perfect!

Images

#

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    Sasquatch for a while? What about the head trauma they keep bringing up?
    So, you believe them about that, do you?

- Le Messor
    "Most of what we say and do is unnecessary - choose your words wisely."
    ~ Marcus Aurelius

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    #

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

So, you believe them about that, do you?

- Le Messor
    No, just speculating. I know they can't be trusted, but just like Walt says in the intro, "...just incase". I'm just wondering, what if there IS something wrong with him beyond Ranark possibly "stunting his growth"? So far each character has their own problems and subplots, just like in the original Byrne issues. Who says this won't carry-over past the current storyline?

Images

Of course.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Heroics, first; then romance (?)

I'm just sayin', couldn't we get a little Vindicator/Guardian-Alpha Flight/Alpha Strike throwdown action before the grab*$$?

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    I'm just sayin', couldn't we get a little Vindicator/Guardian-Alpha Flight/Alpha Strike throwdown action before the grab*$$?
    Apparently not.