Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who do people want to see in "The Wolverine"?

Default Who do people want to see in "The Wolverine"?

Nice video of some talk of The Wolverine with Hugh Jackman. And guess who the interviewer wants to see in the film???
    "How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

I'd just enjoy seeing them stick to the Claremont/Miller story as closely as they can. This was, in my mind, the definitive Wolverine story arc... and one of the best I've ever read.
    Hopefully, Jackman can keep Fox from changing it too much.
    Last edited by Alphan East; 10-04-2011 at 03:47 PM.
    The Flight Forever !

they def need to stick to the story line. but it would be so bad ass to see puck or any of the alpha flight members on the big screen.
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

Yes, the plan for AF fans to infiltrate the entire media spectrum is well underway! It would be cool to see Puck show up in the movie, even if only as a minor character, if it were to set him up to play a bigger role in the inevitable sequel.

I don't know much about Wolverine's Japan years... was Puck involved in them?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    It would be cool to see Puck ... set ... up to play a bigger role in the inevitable sequel.
    So you're going with the 6' mercenary angle?

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    I don't know much about Wolverine's Japan years... was Puck involved in them?
    Not even a little bit.

- Le Messor
    "If a man is standing in the middle of the forest speaking and there is no woman around to hear him...is he still wrong? (yes)"

Images

Now that I've seen the video... it isn't just that he wants to see Puck, but that he keeps talking about it for about half the (short) video.

That's so cool.

- Le Messor
    "If a parsley farmer is sued, can they garnish his wages?"

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    So you're going with the 6' mercenary angle?
    Ah, I saw what you did there!

Images

Ah, I saw what you did there!
    Not me. i was watching Mik's left hand, so I missed it.

BTW, anybody but me having trouble with replying to posts and then finding your cursor is either non-existent or doesn't work so you can't type anything? Seem to happen to me a lot here lately...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Not me. i was watching Mik's left hand, so I missed it.
    But it was on the keyboard while the right was on the mouse!...

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    BTW, anybody but me having trouble with replying to posts and then finding your cursor is either non-existent or doesn't work so you can't type anything? Seem to happen to me a lot here lately...
    Not I.
    I have some weird 'net issues on this machine, but I haven't hit that one yet.

- Le Messor
    "If all statisticians were laid end to end, it would be a good thing."

I don't think Puck would work in The Wolverine if they're sticking to Claremont/Miller's version.
    Puck's always struck me more as a soldier of fortune/mercenary rather than a ninja-fighter.
    His personality's too big for stealth.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I don't think Puck would work in The Wolverine if they're sticking to Claremont/Miller's version.
    Puck's always struck me more as a soldier of fortune/mercenary rather than a ninja-fighter.

I agree. "Too big for stealth" - love it! But you're right, he has more in common with Dominic Fortune, than with Liu Kang and Sub-Zero.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Puck
    ...if you're my size you can be as inconspicuous as Susan Richards if the need arises.
    From original series #5.
    He's proving it at the time.

- Le Messor

Oh, I have no doubt he could do it.
    He's just more one to make banter during a fight; not quite to a Deadpool or Spider-Man extent, but I wouldn't want to see him as a brooding grunting mostly-silent loner, akin to Wolverine in the original mini-series.