Thread: If You Could Ask John Byrne one question?

Default If You Could Ask John Byrne one question?

What would it be?

I would ask a non Alpha related question. I would ask, what if anything he would change about Claremont's 'X-Men : God Loves, Man Kills'
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

i would ask him why he didn't love alpha flight as much as i did. states he couldn't find a good groove with the characters, can't imagine how much better this book could have been if he actually enjoyed writing these characters that i have been following for over 20 years.

I'd ask him if he could sign my copy of AF Vol 1 Issue 1!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

First, I'd ask him if it would be OK if I smacked him in the head for bailing on Alpha Flight and handing it over to Bill Mantlo and the ever increasingly non-talented hacks who followed.
    Then, I'd ask him if he needed help getting back up.

On a separate topic, does anyone know where I can rent a movie called "Anger Management" ?
    The Flight Forever !

I did ask him one question (How strong was Sasquatch supposed to be as originally created?) and he gave me a Bravo Sierra (thank you G.I. Joe) answer.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Unfortunately, I've seen somebody ask him my question - and get ignored. (It was on his forum, and added to an existing thread.)

What were your original plans for Nemesis?

- Me Lessor
    "If [your] happiness depends on money, you will never be happy with yourself."
    ~ Tao Te Ching, translated by Stephen Mitchell

I would ask him why they dye some pistachio nuts red?

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eberly View Post
    I would ask him why they dye some pistachio nuts red?
    He'd probably reply: "Because they're commies!"

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default If I could ask just one question...

Would John Byrne consider doing something that Jack Kirby didn't do (another Fantastic Four story after his 100-issue run) and Steve Ditko hasn't done (another Spider-Man or Dr. Strange story):
    return to a title that he has left a remarkable imprint on?

but Avengers West Coast isn't being printed anymore!!!

Oh, maybe you mean that OTHER title of his...Next Men. Or were you referring to Hellboy?

I think I'll change my question for John Byrne to; "How can you be such a beloved genius, and also such a complete a&&h(l* ?"
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post

Oh, maybe you mean that OTHER title of his...Next Men. Or were you referring to Hellboy?

I think I'll change my question for John Byrne to; "How can you be such a beloved genius, and also such a complete a&&h(l* ?"
    Best question so far.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    Would John Byrne consider...
    He returned to She-Hulk.

I've just got and read through a stack. It was great... but the stack was kind of random. (No runs, just issues here and there; sadly, only a little was Byrne. Happily, it was all good.)

Unfortunately, not all that rare. There's a phrase: 'insufferable genius'.
    Maybe it's a sense of entitlement? Maybe the feeling he's better / smarter than everyone else?
    It's possible when he was a child, he faced a horrible trauma that scarred him for life, making him unable to trust / interact with other people, damaging a fragile psyche?
    Or maybe he's just mean?

- Le Messor
    "If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving definitely isn't for you."

Quickly truncating the thread drift, I would ask him, given what he feels about Alpha, would he want to change anything about how he wrote them or would he want to?
    Del