Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The (Vol.4) #4 Thread *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eberly View Post
    If only there were someone with the whole run of Alpha Flight by their computer that could check it real quick...
    If only I wasn't away from the 'net for two days in a row...

Quote Originally Posted by Pestilence
    The Great Beasts could employ death and decay as weapons against mankind! But I command death and decay just as I can control their a nts, the Great sts themsel es! That includes (...) Sasquatch!
    So, yes, he could only control her because she had the form of a Great Beast.
    And, yes, my issue has an oddly diamond-shaped printer error... wait! 'Agents'! That first word must be 'agents'!

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Snowbird mentioned to Vindicator if she took the form of Sasquatch too long she would lose control
    That's true with any animal. (cf the wolverine in Uncanny #140.)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    the librarian shut the computers down @ 5:15, instead of the super-scathing, ultra-caustic, totally biased rantique
    Are you saying you were out of your brain on the 5:15?

- Le Messor
    Buffy: I'd like to find Willow and Xander.
    Joyce: Will you be slaying? Buffy: Only if they give me lip.
    Last edited by Le Messor; 09-22-2011 at 07:15 AM.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post

Are you saying you were out of your brain on the 5:15?

- Le Messor
    That would probably be an improvement, at any time. But no, just if I had had more time, I would've written something longer (and still would've forgotten to put in a
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    space. I would've had to mention: (1) Mac's flag-suit is full of holes when he tosses it, but is good-as-new when he re-dons it [did Shaman repair it? Could that have been mentioned/shown?]; (2) the team-in-the-van is well-done but I wish we could have a little bit more of that all-inclusive interplay!, and; (3) I hope Shaman and Snowbird get played up a little bit more, especially if this Serpent thing is mystical in nature, but coherent & practical, like they are portrayed in # 4.

I know a lot has to happen in 20 pages (21 if you count the recap page), but Aurora & Northstar haven't gotten short-changed; neither should Shaman nor Snowbird.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 09-22-2011 at 06:10 PM. Reason: No need to get graphic, just Laclos as presented wouldn't stand a chance against Aurora or Jeanne-Marie
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

I agree, Garry...And all it takes sometimes, is a few lines for Narya and Michael to keep them involved and interesting.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

I agree Garry. I'm sure they'll get their face time though. I think the writers really wanted to focus on Mac and Marrina for the original Mini.

I've got three questions of my own:
    (1) Why wasn't Snowbird in her Anne form at the border?
    (2) The panel where Marrina yells "Die Alien Scum!" did anyone else think Mac was slapping Snowbird in the bottom right corner? Or was it just me?
    (3) On the last page, is Claire holding a sippy-cup or a cell phone!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    I agree Garry. I'm sure they'll get their face time though. I think the writers really wanted to focus on Mac and Marrina for the original Mini.

(2) The panel where Marrina yells "Die Alien Scum!" did anyone else think Mac was slapping Snowbird in the bottom right corner? Or was it just me?
    1. Because Shaman was using a spell to disguise them, and it would probably confuse readers if Snowbird appeared disguised by the spell while the rest were in costume. Plus, it's more of a WTF?! moment when you see her as Snowbird talking with the border guard before you find out Shaman is working a spell.
    2. I don't know about everyone else, but I'll say it's just you.
    3. I'd say it was a sippy cup, but nowadays it could be either.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Thumbs down The Mantlo era: FUBAR

Pestilence---the character from Alpha Flight vol. 1---highjacks the essence of Snowbird's baby...who at best is one-quarter immortal (grandfather: Richard Easton, mortal; grandmother: NELVANNA, goddess/immortal; mother: Narya, demi-goddess, and; father, Doug Thompson, mortal).

There are SEVEN Great Beasts in this series at that point: SOMON (whose heart Snowbird ripped out in # 24), TANARAQ, Tundra, Tolamaq, Kolomaq, (even) Ranaq, and Kariooq, all of whom claim to be immortal [and SOMON has proven it, if he can return from what happened to him in # 24]. The notion that Pestilence could "control" one of the GREAT BEASTS is far-fetched, at best; to believe that he controlled six-to-seven of them is...unbelievable.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 09-24-2011 at 03:32 PM. Reason: Freggin' Pestilence!
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

This issue was very good...
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    ?
    I'm kind of surprised "Aurora's" comment about waiting for Jean Paul to find a nice girl to settle down with didn't raise some suspicions among her Alphan van-mates.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 09-24-2011 at 08:14 PM.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

It's obvious that Jean- Marie is in charge of her body and not Aurora. If you look at the last issue you could see that Jean- Marie and Aurora have differnt coloured eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post

Plus, how does she drive while wearing that cape? Is that a godly power as well?

Great solid issue!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Though I thought they could have drawn out the "Mac loses faith in Canada" plot for a bit longer. It seemed a bit rushed to have him doubt at the beginning of the issue and then get back on board at the end. I would have liked a bit more soul searching...
    Now Showing "Return from LurkWorld 3:Can I Have A Life Please?"

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    It's obvious that Jean- Marie is in charge of her body and not Aurora. If you look at the last issue you could see that Jean- Marie and Aurora have differnt coloured eyes.
    I think that's an artistic device for the reader rather than actual thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I think that's an artistic device for the reader rather than actual thing.
    That is true, Jean-Marie's eye never changed colour before back in Vol I, so they totally did it for effect, or unless it's a new augmented power because she never was ale to tap into Aurora's power while in the J.M. state of mind.

BTW my eyes change colours too.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    This issue was very good...
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    ?
    I'm kind of surprised "Aurora's" comment about waiting for Jean Paul to find a nice girl to settle down with didn't raise some suspicions among her Alphan van-mates.

Dana
    Perhaps it did, and AF is playing along for some reason which we'll find out later.

That's a possibility, Jason.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    I see "Unity" is actually rebuilding people...Kyle has been totally rebuilt by the Master's devices...They probably did it to Purple Woman, etc.. Perhaps Heather had been rebuild too?

Dana

BTW: I know Jeanne-Marie is posing as Aurora, that's why I typed "Aurora" in my post.
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 09-25-2011 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo View Post
    Plus, how does she drive while wearing that cape? Is that a godly power as well?

Great solid issue!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Though I thought they could have drawn out the "Mac loses faith in Canada" plot for a bit longer. It seemed a bit rushed to have him doubt at the beginning of the issue and then get back on board at the end. I would have liked a bit more soul searching...
    I agree about Mac...It should have taken more than the equivalent of a few hours (or however much time passed in the issue, it certainly didn't seem very long). I do like that Marrina retrieved the suit right after Mac tossed it (during her little dip)...It's a good glimpse into her character and how much she cares for Mac and her team-mates.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 09-25-2011 at 01:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Perhaps Heather had been rebuild too?
    That was my thought, which would explain her line at the end of #1; She genuinely believes what she said.