Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The (Vol.4) #4 Thread *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Interesting. This could be a whole new angle on the story.

Thanks for finding this Phil.
    The Flight Forever !

Well done for having the thought and making the possible connection.

I swear there was an interview somewhere with Fred & Greg that also mentioned him/it but I can't put my finger on it right now. I'll keep trying though.

EDIT:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=34112

I like having Wendigo on Alpha Strike because Wendigo is this big, scary creature, and anyone who would put Wendigo, a cannibalistic unstoppable monster, on a superteam is obviously insane. That just goes to show you the mindset of the people running Department H.
    which doesn't confirm or deny your thought.
    Last edited by Phil; 09-16-2011 at 12:18 PM.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

Or is this a new Wendigo, whose human host pre-curse(for lack of a better word) had been Unified?
    Which, if true, would mean the people controlling this person had made it be a cannibal!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Is it possible that Ranark, who serves the Great Beasts, was needed on the team to help transfer Tanaraq into another host body, creating a white Sasquatch which would look similar to a Wendigo, and causing Walter to no longer be able to summon it ?
    Given Sasquatch's history, and what we know of it, in theory that shouldn't work. (Not saying you're not right, but...)
    Okay, the original Sas originally co-hosted with Tanaraq.
    Then, Snowbird went to a Tanaraq Salon, and started apeing him.
    And then, she killed him.
    And then, he revived - in her body. Despite her time in the tanning salon, he was very, very white.
    And then, Talisman came and made him orange again. And he liked being a dude.
    BUT... by now, he was no longer Tanaraq himself - just a bird doing anthropomorphic ape imitations.

Ergo, Sasquatch hasn't been a host body for Tanaraq since mid-volume 1. Concordantly, having somebody else host should not stop Walter's transformation vis-a-vis Sasquatch. Ipso facto!

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    I know there are a lot of Alpha experts out there. Please tell me if I'm either onto something or way out in left field on this... don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings.
    Then we'll have to find another way...
    Your mother was a hamster and your father smelled of eldeberries!

Quote Originally Posted by via Phil View Post
    I like having Wendigo on Alpha Strike because Wendigo is this big, scary creature, and anyone who would put Wendigo, a cannibalistic unstoppable monster, on a superteam is obviously insane. That just goes to show you the mindset of the people running Department H.
    I'd say that strongly implies - without confirming - that it is Wendigo after all.

- Le Messor
    "I eat cannibals,
    It's incredible!"
    ~ Toto Coelo

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    It's definitely the Wendigo, he has a tail...

http://www.alphaflight.net/attachmen...3&d=1313447067

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 09-16-2011 at 09:50 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Ergo, Sasquatch hasn't been a host body for Tanaraq since mid-volume 1. Concordantly, having somebody else host should not stop Walter's transformation vis-a-vis Sasquatch. Ipso facto!
    Wasn't he possessed by Tanaraq in the Omega Flight ltd series?

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Wasn't he possessed by Tanaraq in the Omega Flight ltd series?
    Um... Yes.
    (Forgot about it, but I've just checked.) At least, as Talisman put it:
    "Yes... he's been... Repossessed!"
    Uh, checking the exact dialogue:
    "He's possessed by the Great Beasts!"
    She later specifies Tanaraq by name.

But later, in the same issue, he's "overcome the evil" and is still seen to transform.
    I'm still not sure his current ability to change into Sasquatch is affected by Tanaraq, even if he's vulnerable to possession in that form.

But I don't know how Freg are writing it.

- Le Messor
    "The darkest hour of any man's life is when he sits down to plan how to get money without earning it."
    ~ Horace Greeley

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    not sure how i didn't put 2 and 2 togther, but aurora was in the same contraption at the end of issue 2 that the master was in from the original series.
    Indeed, very similar to both that and the one Marrina was in, but not drawn exactly the same so as to give the game away too early.
    Very nicely done indeed.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

#4 is pretty good.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    #4 is pretty good.
    Spoiler space, man, spoiler space!

Now, this is how you tell a series and with the final page reveal. Everything is making sense with this new direction. Love it!

Ha! Called it!

Great issue.

Snowbird got possessed by Tanaraq during the Pestilence story as well.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Snowbird got possessed by Tanaraq during the Pestilence story as well.
    I thought that Pestilence merely controlled Snowbird because she had assumed the form of the Great Beast, but wasn't actually possessed by Tanaraq?

If only there were someone with the whole run of Alpha Flight by their computer that could check it real quick...

Quote Originally Posted by Jason Eberly View Post
    I thought that Pestilence merely controlled Snowbird because she had assumed the form of the Great Beast, but wasn't actually possessed by Tanaraq?

If only there were someone with the whole run of Alpha Flight by their computer that could check it real quick...
    Yep, same thing and showed that Snowbird could become the embodiment of Tanaraq. In Alpha Flight Annual #2 [Vol.1], Snowbird mentioned to Vindicator if she took the form of Sasquatch too long she would lose control and Vindicator scolded her

and then near the end of vol.1 during the fight with Wrecker mentioned Walter was losing more and more control, but didnt know if it was Tanaraq or not but Omega Flight verified it was (again with the Wrecker).
    Last edited by -K-M-; 09-19-2011 at 11:59 PM.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Spoiler space, man, spoiler space!
    Sweet Christmas! I barely had enough time to walk from the subway station to the library to type that one sentence before the librarian shut the computers down @ 5:15, instead of the super-scathing, ultra-caustic, totally biased rantique that would've surely gotten me banned from this site for life, caused Dale to jump ship back to DC comics, and made MARVEL cancel the series with # 5:

"Freg" sounds like a new cuss word.