Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The (Vol.4) #4 Thread *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

I just wish it had been a little longer - another sign of a good comic . Not that there wasn't enough, but wanted just a little more! Waifer thin mint?
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

SPOILERS:

How much do I want Alice Hu to be the new Groundhog full time?

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Yeah, in that splash panel it really seemed as if she were a member of AF, and I was thinking the exact same thing! Except, uh, Alice Hu as Groundhog, WTF?
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

After AF defeats the baddies, and Heather goes to jail for life, Mac can marry Alice and she can be Vindicator.

Another strong issue with a terrific ending.

My only complaint is it was a little short.

i agree it did seem alittle short, but it was awesome. i don't know if i can make it a month to get the next one.
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Well, I have to wait even longer! Not going to the LCS this weekend, next weekend I'll be in Sydney to see Alice... Not the Alpha Alice... then it's another two weeks before my next standing order day.

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    Haven't been able to pick up my copies today, but reading this thread of "spoilers included" yet no spoilers in it is driving me mad with anticipation!
    I see you shiver...
    with antici...
    P!ation!

- Le Messor
    "And superheroes come too late..."
    ~ Rocky Horror Picture Show

Read it, gonna read again (well after typing this). Didn't mind it being short cos of back up story. Another strong issue, and Dale's depiction of ___________ was spot on.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I may be having a longer wait, as I will get #4 to #8 all at once. So months away....
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

not sure how i didn't put 2 and 2 togther, but aurora was in the same contraption at the end of issue 2 that the master was in from the original series.

I was able to get a copy on Wednesday, and have read it several times now. Finally...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

... I know what was done to Heather to turn her into such a villain. And it makes sense that he could brainwash her so badly since he literally stripped her of her brain! How can she ever come back from that without going through a reverse Unity process?

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

It also clarifies how the Wendigo and Ranark can be so in control. Thinking about this last night, I was thinking Tom Thumb, Squadron Supreme and the Behaviour Modification Device.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

I'm not sure the process has been applied to Wendigo and Ranark.
    Would it work on Wendigo? Or is this a new Wendigo, whose human host pre-curse(for lack of a better word) had been Unified?
    I'm sure Ranark has his own agenda too.

Here's a question that I'd like to pose to everyone... not sure if this means anything or if I may have simply missed something along the way. I'll put in the SPOILER gap, but I don't think this counts as it pertains more to info found in issue 3.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

Walter suddenly cannot change into Sasquatch. Shortly after that, we see the new Alpha Strike team, which includes a Wendigo. But I don't recall anyone coming right out and saying that its a Wendigo. Is it possible that Ranark, who serves the Great Beasts, was needed on the team to help transfer Tanaraq into another host body, creating a white Sasquatch which would look similar to a Wendigo, and causing Walter to no longer be able to summon it ?
    I know there are a lot of Alpha experts out there. Please tell me if I'm either onto something or way out in left field on this... don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings.
    The Flight Forever !

I'm pretty sure that the name has been mentioned in interviews.
    You may well be on to something regardless though.

EDIT:

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=33004

And as far as Wendigo goes, just feel bad for Sasquatch, okay? This is gonna really hurt.
    So that could be taken as to support your theory.
    Last edited by Phil; 09-16-2011 at 11:50 AM.