Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The (Vol.4) #4 Thread *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Hybrid View

Default The (Vol.4) #4 Thread *CONTAINS SPOILERS*

Here's your official thread for discussion of all things #4.

There will be spoilers beyond here, as indicated in the thread title, but please remember the preview panel on the home page and leave

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

SPACE....

I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT!!!!!

Even though this is a spoiler-ful thread, I'm not going to say any anything specific.
    I'm not even going to review the issue (for at least a week) because my excitement will jump through and spoil it all.

The last page is something I've been waiting years for.
    You'll figure it out half way through the issue, but it's still an amazing reveal.
    So glad they went this way!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The last page is something I've been waiting years for.
    Absolutely 100% agree with you Phil. This is the direction that I hoped it was going in.
    Don't worry... no spoilers in this. Just the ramblings of a fan that has waited so long for these characters to jump back onto a comic book page.
    Words cannot describe how thrilled I am at how this series/story arc is shaping up. The plot is amazing... the art, as always, is incredible.
    This is the first series of any kind in a LOOOONG while that has gotten me this excited in the comic industry. After reading this issue, I took a break, had a coffee, got some stuff done... then went back and read the variant cover version. Same story... didn't care. Loved it.
    When you can enjoy reading a story this much and then realize that you have to wait another month to read the next chapter, and realizing that depresses you a little... you know you have a winner on your hands.
    The Flight Forever !

you guys are killing me. my lcs is not even open yet!!!!

Tomorrow, tomorrow, there's always tomorrow (bolloxs)
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

whats odd is my lcs only carried the jimenez cover, not dales variant, so i'm wondering, was the shadowed figure un-shadowed?

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    whats odd is my lcs only carried the jimenez cover, not dales variant, so i'm wondering, was the shadowed figure un-shadowed?
    Nope.
    The final covers are the ones up in the image gallery.

so the one released in retail had the character shadowed?

UGH! I have to work late today. It's possible there won't be any issues left at my LCS, and the other shop I go to as a back up will be closed by the time I get there. If so, I have to wait til' tomorrow to get a copy.

I have work tomorrow and Friday, out to dinner with my sister and her husband Friday and at my daughters all day Saturday. Would normally mean Monday before I got this. Luckily I have a good son who's doing a three hour round trip to get it for me tomorrow. God bless him.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    so the one released in retail had the character shadowed?
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    That's correct.
    I really think that's a good thing, as it adds a bit of mystery to the comic in a time when spoilers abound.

Dana

BTW: I have to say my LCS haven't had any of Dale's covers either, they've all had Jimenez covers every month.

As for the series...Absolutely love it (Spoilers: Heather murdering people and all even).
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 09-14-2011 at 08:31 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    I have work tomorrow and Friday, out to dinner with my sister and her husband Friday and at my daughters all day Saturday. Would normally mean Monday before I got this. Luckily I have a good son who's doing a three hour round trip to get it for me tomorrow. God bless him.
    Miiinnee isssss jummping alll oovevr me eeee righht nooowww, assss weee sssspeeek.

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

It also clarifies how the Wendigo and Ranark can be so in control. Thinking about this last night, I was thinking Tom Thumb, Squadron Supreme and the Behaviour Modification Device.
    Del