Thread: The Nu Marvel 52 (Fantasy Publishing)

Default The Nu Marvel 52 (Fantasy Publishing)

Inspired by the Nu DC 52, if you were in charge of Marvel and had to reboot the entire company and put out 52 new #1's (all full series', no mini's) to be the company's only titles what would they be, and who would be the creative team? You can pick anyone that's worked for Marvel, DC, Image, Dark Horse, IDW; you can't put yourself on a book.

Okay gonna give this a whirl. Start of with the obvious ones and then go obscure.

1) Alpha Flight (No Explanation needed)
    2) Clandestine
    3) New Warriors (back to the FabNic days)
    4) Avengers
    5) Fantastic Four
    6) Thunderbolts
    7) Iron Man
    9) Daredevil
    10) Spiderman
    11) Silver Surfer
    12) Marvel Two In One (The Thing &...)
    13) Marvel Team Up (Spiderman & ...)
    14) Marvel Presents (Tales of the Second Stringers, Jack of Hearts, White Tiger etc)
    15) Wolverine
    16) Mutant Tales (Small miny arcs featuring lesser known mutants)
    17) Captain Marvel (Tales from before he snuffed it, or after if we want to play the Chaos War card)
    1 Doctor Doom
    19) Super Villian Team Up
    20) Tales of The Watcher (Uatu does Jackanory)

I'll get back to you on the others.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Can't think of 52 things. But I'd like to launch three new titles:

X-Club #1: spinoff of X-Men Science Club featuring Mister Jeffries of course

Beta Flight #1: featuring re-powered former Betans from various incarnations of the team

Fabulous #1: A Team-up book featuring Northstar and Dazzler

and a big L O L on the auto-smiley face for the Doctor Doom title DelBubs listed.

Love,
    rplass
    Last edited by rplass; 09-13-2011 at 03:26 PM.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I saw the smiley, realised there would be a lot of editing needed to get rid of it and to satisfy my OCD, So after a great deal of thought, I said sod it and left it there.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Um, Del, your post assumed they'd go for good stuff...

(I've seen people say 'don't use brackets after numbers!' because of that smiley problem.)

- Le Messor
    "Reading is to the Mind what exercise is to the Body."

I worked from Phil saying if you were in charge of Marvel... If Marvel were in Charge of Marvel it would be Avengers, Dark Avengers, West Coast Avengers, Avengers Part Time, Sunday Avengers etc. X-Men (see above re Avengers). Fantastic Four etc.

As for the numbering bracket issue, I blame Bill Gates.
    Del

West Coast Avengers
    If it has got at least two of Wonderman, Tigra, Thing, Shroud, Beast, and Moon Knight - sign me up!

I'll take a new Defenders comic as well, one featuring such luminaries as Valkyrie, Gargoyle, Nighthawk, Hellcat, and others (like Iceman and Dr. Druid). Maybe Werewolf By Night and Morbius on the team, as well?

Yes please, I'll take two copies!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/