Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Unity Theory Speculations -

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I thought you might be on to something with this, that maybe Heather was a skrull, but Ranark says: "I smell mortal woman," when she visits him, so I'm crossing this idea off the list.
    You can discount skrulls, but not for that. They're still mortal, and some of them are women.
    They are not, however, 'of the Earth'.

Going back to the "You serve the one of the Earth, older than I,"... Gilded Lily, and Pestilence. All of these folks are old,
    But not old enough. Ranark, in 2-in-1 #83 and 84, is 'centuries old' (how many doesn't seem to be specified?) which implies more than two. Pestilence is no more than two, I'm pretty sure, and GL is only about one.

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Bah-loney! What about the Champions of L.A., the West Coast Avengers/Force Works, the Great Lakes Avengers and the Rangers?
    I wasn't saying there are no superheroes outside of New York, I was saying it's only New York that has about 80,000 of the things.

- Le Messor
    How was your first marriage terminated?
    By death.
    And by whose death was it terminated?
    ~ alleged actual court transcript

As for Canadian (and Canadian-based) heroes and villains...

Ajax: Unknown ...

Yukon Jack: Unknown
    Three posts? Someone bump Dana. I think he's skipping again.
    Just kidding, Dana. Got to love technology when it hiccups...
    Last edited by Ahab; 09-03-2011 at 11:51 AM.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    You can discount skrulls, but not for that. They're still mortal, and some of them are women.
    They are not, however, 'of the Earth'.
    I always disagree with the notion that because an alien is male then they're a "man", or a "woman" if female. A human can be a man or a woman, but a skrull would be, well, whatever term they use to describe themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    But not old enough. Ranark, in 2-in-1 #83 and 84, is 'centuries old' (how many doesn't seem to be specified?) which implies more than two. Pestilence is no more than two, I'm pretty sure, and GL is only about one.
    Ah, okay. I wasn't sure how old Ranark was. That cuts the possibilities down to The Master, Diablo, and the Brass Bishop then, unless there are others?

Ah, okay. I wasn't sure how old Ranark was. That cuts the possibilities down to The Master, Diablo, and the Brass Bishop then, unless there are others?
    Would the Brass Bishop have any longing to take over Canada? To what ends? To me, that just doesn't fit. Plus, in the beginning Freg didn't think they would get the services of Puck. When they started writing, he wasn't gonna be in the series, but then he 'got released' for them to use. I can't see them using a 'Puck villain' when Puck wasn't gonna be there...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Isn't Laura Dan Pathway?
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    Isn't Laura Dean Pathway?
    Yep.
    Last edited by Le Messor; 09-06-2011 at 06:45 AM.

As for Canadian (and Canadian-based) heroes and villains...
    Ghost Girl: Depowered
    Other than the whole 'If we haven't seen them since presume they were depowered' editorial line, we haven't actually seen her depowered have we?

The Master of the World: Unknown
    Deceased, at the hands of Ms. Marvel in Avengers(Vol.3) #48 UNLESS Chaos War changed this and he's in the shadows.

Yukon Jack: Unknown
    Omega Flight #1 mentioned he was driven to insanity.

That cuts the possibilities down to The Master, Diablo, and the Brass Bishop then, unless there are others?
    Have we ruled out Llan the Sorcerer ?
    Not one of my personal favourites, but he may fit the description ("You serve the one of the Earth, older than I").
    His bio sheet also shows powers of illusion casting, intelligence, transmutation, as well as magic and reality manipulation... all of those could be used in this plot.
    It does say that he is trapped for 10,000 years due to the powers of Talisman, but we have yet to see Elizabeth in the series. If she has decided to give up being Talisman, that may allow him to break free.
    Just a thought.
    The Flight Forever !

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Have we ruled out Llan the Sorcerer ?
    I doubt the creative team has bothered to learn much about Llan. As powerful as he was supposed to be, I don't think he ever really made much of an impression with fans of the Byrne era (perhaps some present company excluded). At least he didn't with me. I think that whole character was sad - which is too bad. In the right creative hands, the character and storyline could have been really cool and intense.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Omega Flight #1 mentioned he was driven to insanity
    Don't remember this. And, if it does say so, I'm just thinking that they were wrong.

In the right creative hands, the character and storyline could have been really cool and intense.
    It was a huge storyline, originally. Then Marvel Head Office cut it, and told the writer he was on the way out, so he had to cut it very short and wrap it up in an issue or two, as I recall being said. Again, we will never know how it was INTENDED to be done, as interference did not allow the writer to do what he wished with it.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Yeah, I remember in Omega Flight #1, when Agent Brown and Walter are talking about Yukon Jack on the SHIELD helicarrier. They say he's "a mess" and that "the time travel did it. It screwed up his neurological system".
    But that's OK... I'm in no hurry to have Yukon Jack back in the Flight. I'm hoping they just stick with the original Byrne creations for now.
    The Flight Forever !

Not saying I want Jack in Flight. Doesn't mean i don't want him to show up, tho. Think about it - he married a Snowbird (if not OUR Snowbird, at least A Snowbird), and then she "POOF" disappeared on him suddenly. Jack is arrogant and thinks he is a god...can you imagine the lengths he might go to to get back his 'wife' when he sees Snowbird is alive and well? And can you imagine how confused and pissed off Snowbird would be at him, since she never married him? Man, that'd be freakin' awesome...

On another wave-length, he'd also make a good villain for Alpha Flight, as well.

I see Yukon Jack as an arrogant, Thor/Loki type person. He thinks he is above mortals. The plotlines, oh the plotlines...

Leaving the character in limbo is SUCH a waste. Any writer worth his salt could have a blast with Yukon Jack!

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Not saying I want Jack in Flight. Doesn't mean i don't want him to show up, tho. Think about it - he married a Snowbird (if not OUR Snowbird, at least A Snowbird), and then she "POOF" disappeared on him suddenly. Jack is arrogant and thinks he is a god...can you imagine the lengths he might go to to get back his 'wife' when he sees Snowbird is alive and well? And can you imagine how confused and pissed off Snowbird would be at him, since she never married him? Man, that'd be freakin' awesome...
    Was that last page in AF v3 really canon or a not-to-be-taken-seriously "years later, this is where each character went" type thing at the end of comedies? Does Puck have a grand-kid somewhere? I'd say, unless otherwise stated, that last page never happened and the duplicate AF members (and Mar) evaporated into little piles of goo.

On another wave-length, he'd also make a good villain for Alpha Flight, as well.
    Agreed. I know most of AF's villains seem to be ex-Alphans, and that can be tiresome, but at least he was barely a member before he went insane.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    he married a Snowbird (if not OUR Snowbird, at least A Snowbird), and then she "POOF" disappeared on him suddenly. Jack is arrogant and thinks he is a god...can you imagine the lengths he might go to to get back his 'wife' when he sees Snowbird is alive and well?
    Don't say that while I'm reading Rose Madder!
    (Stephen King book. Wife ditches the abusive husband, he hunts her down.)

It could be Llan, though I agree that it's unlikely the Byrne fans would use him. Then again, they used Kara.
    Could be a new character, but then the build-up would be nothing. Could be Belasco.

There are so many possibilities!

- Le Messor
    "I'd love to, but my subconscious says no."

Whoa! Sorry guys, I didn't know that posted 3 times.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!