Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: What Do YOU Want From Alpha Flight?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Yeah, but the Avengers & X books get away with it through mulitple books.
    AF doesn't have the luxury of being able to/the readership needed to spin off a compainion book.

Having a Beta Flight cast adds yet more people to an already packed book and it'll just turn casual readers off.
    You're correct. For right now, they should focus on the core team.
    But hopefully, it could grow the fanbase needed for a larger footprint, once casual readers become loyal readers. Vol. 1 stuck around for 130 issues... if we can keep this series alive for that long, this type of setup could be brought in.
    Hey... a fan can dream, can't he ?
    The Flight Forever !

If AF can build and hold enough of an audience then I think it would be possible (and a logical step) to reintroduce a Beta Flight team into the book -- not that they would be in every issue though. Phil is right that cramming too many characters into one title would hurt it, but they could be involved with subplots or individuals may be involved with the main story. If the characters prove popular enough then a spin off book of their own could happen.
    Of course FVL and Pak have gone on the record as saying they don't like or don't do well writing a boatload of characters, so I think dealing with the team as it is will be enough for them.

I also would love to see some more fall out from Omega Flight mini and the current team. Sasquatch was on both and Pointer after all "killed" them and was made into a hero and then later a weapon by their own government. Makes you think.
    I agree. i know they say that want to avoid-at-all-costs mentioning that AF was dead, so as not to confuse people...but ignoring Omega Flight and what happened therein SUCKS! I'd just like to see Puck scream at Walter for letting Pointer on the team, or Snowbird slap him upside the head. Its not that they shouldn't forgive him...its just that they shouldn't ignore it, either. That's wrong. Plus, I consider it a disservice to Oeming, whom i still have a lot of respect for (``hi, Mike!`` Just in case you are reading this...)

Having a Beta Flight cast adds yet more people to an already packed book and it'll just turn casual readers off.
    Agree with Phil. Be better to have people guest star in occasional issues, or get mentioned as Canadian heroes saving somebody or something. Like to know some of them are out there doing things, even if we don`t see it. At least that gives them something to go on, in case somebody else ever wants to use them...
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    I'll take your word for it on JSA, but heartily agree on Avengers Academy which totally and completely ROCKS! \m/

But, to play devils advocate, didn't AF already do this, in the entirety of Volume 3? Puck II, Yukon Jack, Cenetennial, Nemesis, Major Maple Leaf II, Mar, all being lead by their mentor/teacher, Sasquatch. Yet, almost everybody here at this site hated it.

Not saying that it being new heroes was the only reason for that hatred. Just suggesting that perhaps most of us here wouldn't be willing to accept new heroes? After all, most of us are clamoring for the return of more of the old ones.

Just saying.
    I hated the bad comedy aspect of the volume 3 series the most...The characters and mentor concept wasn't bad, though.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by Readsreads View Post
    Since the Avengers and Wolverine are set. I would like to see some actually closure between Logan and Alpha Flight. The whole: "Weapon X you really belong to us or we just have to fight you because" needs to be settled. I would actually enjoy Wolverine telling AF now they've been on the other end of the rope with the government hunting them. Time for them to all respect each other again. I also would love to see some more fall out from Omega Flight mini and the current team. Sasquatch was on both and Pointer after all "killed" them and was made into a hero and then later a weapon by their own government. Makes you think.
    ...And now Pointer is a villain of sorts by the name Weapon Omega...Perfect villain for Alpha Flight to beat up on...LOL! I'm glad he wasn't Guardian for long...He didn't deserve to wear that uniform.

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 09-05-2011 at 06:32 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    ...And now Pointer is a villain of sorts by the name Weapon Omega...Perfect villain for Alpha Flight to beat up on...LOL! I'm glad he wasn't Guardian for long...He didn't deserve to wear that uniform.
    100% agree with that last part. When I heard that there was going to be an Omega Flight mini, I was willing to give it a chance. But when they wheeled in Pointer wearing the Guardian suit, I was hoping that Talisman was gonna fry him right there.
    And you're right, now that he's a villain, Alpha can really wail on him.
    The Flight Forever !

i agree. alpha flight is just getting back on their feet with the marvel universe. they need to keep it sweet and simple for awhile to get new readers interested in them. i think after the fear itself story "say around 10 to 15 issues" they could introduce a new character maybe 2 but slowly. the fan basis needs to be bigger before the team can be. talisman and box definitely need to come back because they are classic to alpha flight and they rock. but wait for the newbies.
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by batman_von_gein View Post
    i think after the fear itself story "say around 10 to 15 issues" they could introduce a new character maybe 2 but slowly.
    Recall that the in the 1st series, we had .... two new characters introduced in issue #1 (Puck, Marrina), then Box and Madison Jeffries eased in slowly at issue #16 but didn't really join until in the 20s, and Talisman at #19... but Beta Flight didn't start up until Purple Girl showed up in issue #41. That's three and a half years into the run before Beta Flight started up (which was technically in issue #42)! That would correspond to October 2014 in this series.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    That would correspond to October 2014 in this series.
    it would be a long wait but it get new comers a chance to know and love the original characters. hopefully they go buy or at least read the 1st 12 issues so they get the back ground stories of the characters. but maybe they could introduce new characters as being infected by the fear itself stuff and after they come out of it, the newbies could become the new beta flight. that would make for a good plot and it follows mailman mike, diamond lil, and wild child. kill or try to kill alpha flight and u can become a member. lol
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

kill or try to kill alpha flight and u can become a member
    Quick! Somebody lend me a pair of leotards, and a hammer!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Yeah, but the Avengers & X books get away with it through mulitple books.
    AF doesn't have the luxury of being able to/the readership needed to spin off a compainion book.

You have a point. Still, I'll just add it to my wall of crazy that AF will get immensely popular and warrant a second book. Geoff Johns's JSA had a 20 odd character roster at one time and was still a top seller. It's a balancing act which some writers can handle and some can't.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Geoff Johns's JSA had a 20 odd character roster at one time and was still a top seller. It's a balancing act which some writers can handle and some can't.
    Somewhere, at some artists' desk, Dale Eaglesham just looked up from his work, eyes bulging out of his head, choked out the words "more than...20??!!!!" , turned a nice shade of green, and vomited his lunch all over his lap.

I think that idea may kill him. Maybe we could try for just ONE extra character, work him up to it slowyl? lol.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

When it comes to characters, I'd like to see Elizabeth/Talisman. It looks like the team is going to need her before this plot-line runs out.

Since Northstar deduced that Aurora/Jeanne-Marie was close to getting dissected in vol. 4 # 3, my money (if I had any) would be on The Master being one of the major adversaries. The Master seemed as if he was being developed into Alpha Flight's nemesis (no pun intended), and if he actually did reconstruct his own body after it had been dissected by the Plodex ship, he is indeed a villain to be respected.

I hope Greg, Fred, and Dale have enough room to give Michael and Narya the spotlight, because they seem more like "supporting characters" at this point.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Somewhere, at some artists' desk, Dale Eaglesham just looked up from his work, eyes bulging out of his head, choked out the words "more than...20??!!!!" , turned a nice shade of green, and vomited his lunch all over his lap.

I think that idea may kill him. Maybe we could try for just ONE extra character, work him up to it slowyl? lol.
    The irony of that statement is that Dale was drawing it at the time.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Justice_Society_o.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	254.3 KB 
ID:	1422
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

The irony of that statement is that Dale was drawing it at the time.
    lol