Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: What Do YOU Want From Alpha Flight?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'd like to see the team having lives outside of superheroics, so we get to spend time with them as people.
    I want them having good times to counteract the constant fighting.

I want to see heroes saving the world. I want so spend time on it, too; show them working out the villain's plot, and tension over just how they'll foil it.

I'd like to see a realistic colour scheme, rather than the washed-out drab one that's de rigeur these days. I want some green - and I don't just mean on thirty-year-old costumes.

I'd like to see the team upholding ideals of heroism and nobility.

Y'know, the usual stuff I blubber about.

- Le Messor
    How many Zen Buddists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Four, one to change it, one not to change it, and one to change and not to change it.

i would love to see some of beta, gamma, and omega flight come back. my biggest hope is the return of gilded lily and pink pearl. loved those two as villians and pink pearls group of carnies was great. my main want tho is a great comic that last for a very long time.
    Pain knows no boundries, but Puck knows pain!!!!

As we are likely to see appearences from second stringers in the 'Commonwealth of Heroes'. I think it would be a perfect opportunity to reawaken the 'ClanDestine'. Like the original 'New Warriors' they were the nearest to the way Alpha were portrayed.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

How many Zen Buddists does it take to change a lightbulb?
    Four, one to change it, one not to change it, and one to change and not to change it.
    And one to miscount it.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

I'd like to see Canada. It's a big beautiful country and I would love to see more of it.

I also want the kids back, in Beta/Gamma Flights

Also, I want Zuzha Yu back, with her backstory as Puck's daugter properly explained.

And more appearances for Rocksie, who deserves an ongoing series as a spinoff.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I think seeing members of Weapon Prime show up would be fun. Maybe have Llan come back as well. A new Zodiac, maybe more mystical ties to them. Gilded Lily and Smart Alec's return.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    I'd like to see Canada. It's a big beautiful country and I would love to see more of it.
    Absolutely !!!
    I remember in the early Byrne issues, Alpha traveled all over Canada. Their were stories in B.C., Northwest Territories, Ontario, Quebec... they even showed scenes of Marrina's home in Newfoundland.
    I think non-Canadians may become more interested in the Alpha Flight series if it showed them more of what Canada is. I have a great amount of respect for Toronto. Its the 5th largest metropolitan area in North America... but it is not the be all and end all of Canada.
    The Flight Forever !

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    I think seeing members of Weapon Prime show up would be fun. Maybe have Llan come back as well. A new Zodiac, maybe more mystical ties to them. Gilded Lily and Smart Alec's return.
    I'd like to see Weapon Prime back too, if only to see Alpha Flight kick their behinds...
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

I'd like to see Weaon Prime, and some of the old AFers who we hadn't seen for a while just to see what they've been up to.

I just want Fred Van Lente and Greg Pak to continue doing a great job on this title like they've done up until now for many many years to come. I trust them and their ability to continue to tell great stories that build on the history of the characters, and not just tell their stories with characters that look but don't act like the ones we know like many other writers do these days (I'm looking at you, Grant Morrison and Brian Bendis!).

I would like to see a complete resolution of Department H and K. There were hints during Omega Flight that Department K did exist in some form, hence Weapon Omega during Dark Reign. I think we really need to see just how these orginazations lasted all these years and just why they were more brought on testing their team with various threats and experiments instead of actually letting them be a team. Of course we get hints of that now in the curren book, but we really need to see a resolution instead of: "Well, we just do it because we feel like it."

You know what? I kinda second wanting to see Zuzha Yu at some point. The rest of that later stuff might as well be skipped over, but it does feel like there's now a lot of extra canon with Puck that should at least be resolved. Unless we just pretend none of it was part of their story anyway. I guess that works too.

1.Corporal Anne McKenzie! Defo need to see more of snowbirds human alter ego
    2.Elizabeth Twoyoungmen as Talisman
    3.The Hudsons move into their old house on the hill from volume 1 Byrne issues (world recession etc etc) and not get divorced as per Johnny/Lyja, seperated as in Scott/Jean, parted as in Vision and Scarlett Witch
    4.Tamarind Island!
    5. Gilded Lily-Menacing, Mysterious, Macabre!

I'd totally love to see resolutions to storylines that never got finished such as Zuzha Yu and other dead AF members, but I would also love for death to mean something too. I understand that without resurrections (or help from Great Beasts) we wouldn't have Alpha Flight back again, but sometimes death should be permanent so you long for something that was good and want to see something as good come up eventually. Not a meaningless death, but a death that brings more to a story, executed well, can be quite gripping.

Sypes I agree with everything you said, but I'm curious what you're referring to when you mention meaningful deaths, since the AF mass kill-off was about as anti-climatic as it gets.

I know that it's kind of a staple of big comic crossover events to kill off a lesser known character or two to show how serious the situation is (or how "badass" an author's new pet villain can be) but doing so with roughly twenty characters off-panel is particularly brazen.