Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article: Alpha Flight Becomes Ongoing! *UPDATED with video*

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Dana, I'm thinking that we should be clamoring for an appearance by Wolverine at least once per year. And Deadpool at least that often, as well. These are popular characters who might make sense to see pop up in Alpha Flight, and would be sure to get people who don't normally notice Alpha Flight doing so.

Maybe even some of those Wolverine appearances could be things that happened in the past, like that first class appearance he did with Alpha?
    I agree, FP.

Hercules might make a fun guest star too (considering Freg and Snowbird have experience with him)....I'd also like to see a crossover with the Avengers at some point (involving both books!)...Bendis need not be involved. Maybe another Fantastic Four team-up?

Dana

EDIT: Actually, Captain Britain (and Meggan?) could be an amazing guest appearance. That way Cap Brit gets more exposure (does England still play some role in Canada?).
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 08-28-2011 at 01:01 PM.
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    More Info. Also here
    Holy Spit! That first article mentions the Avengers and Wolverine showing up! OOH!...And The Commonwealth of Heroes?

...And Captain Britain?! OMGAH!

Whoo-hooo!

Dana
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 08-28-2011 at 02:49 PM.

I'd love to see even Whitman Knapp (perhaps depowered), working as a Doctor be a supporting character, maybe Heather's parents, and her hundreds of siblings (she probably has a ton of nieces and nephews now too)?...Alpha needs a bigger supporting cast, regardless (just having Kyle around doesn't cut it).

We've never seen Walt's son (who Byrne mentioned, and he is probably a teenager now), I'd also like to see Marrina's "family", the Smallwoods again. I'm hoping Freg will have Talisman as a cast member too at some point (she's a Byrne character too, Fred and Greg)...Elizabeth is such a great character (IMHO).

Dana

EDITED to add a bit more.
    Last edited by cmdrkoenig67; 08-28-2011 at 02:44 PM.

i think i'm having a heart attack. this is the happiest of news. now i need to get a subscription. way to go marvel!!!!!!!!

Just got back from Fan Expo, where I had the chance to meet FVL, Dale Eaglesham and his beautiful wife Louise (whom I might have a little crush on right now!). They were so kind, even though it was Sunday afternoon after what must have been a long weekend for them! Check out my profile picture, which is the pic we all took together!

does England still play some role in Canada?
    Yes, although the younger generation of Canadians seem to have little use or respect for Britain or the Queen or the monarchy in general, which I think is a real shame. Part of the Canadian heritage, it is, and should be treasured (Turkish Delight for everyone!).
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Sweet, Sypes!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    I'd love to see even Whitman Knapp (perhaps depowered), working as a Doctor be a supporting character, maybe Heather's parents, and her hundreds of siblings (she probably has a ton of nieces and nephews now too)?...Alpha needs a bigger supporting cast, regardless (just having Kyle around doesn't cut it).

We've never seen Walt's son (who Byrne mentioned, and he is probably a teenager now), I'd also like to see Marrina's "family", the Smallwoods again. I'm hoping Freg will have Talisman as a cast member too at some point (she's a Byrne character too, Fred and Greg)...Elizabeth is such a great character (IMHO).
    Mini Spoiler?

B

E

L

O

W

an escalation of the rift between Guardian and Vindicator
    As i have said elsewhere...I don't see Heather being counted as a 'good guy' anytime in the near future. Nor, it seems, do Fred and Greg.

Looks like the 'outlaw status' and the 'evil Canadian government' storylines are going to last far beyond eight issues!

Cool...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    maybe Heather's parents, and her hundreds of siblings (she probably has a ton of nieces and nephews now too)?...Alpha needs a bigger supporting cast, regardless (just having Kyle around doesn't cut it).
    Yeah, it'll be great if, now they have the time of an ongoing to do it in, they spend time on the Alphans' civilian lives. More than just JP, I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Yes, although the younger generation of Canadians seem to have little use or respect for Britain or the Queen or the monarchy in general, which I think is a real shame.
    Yeah, we should never forget the Queen! Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, WE WILL ROCK YOU! / We Are The Champions...
    Lest we forget.

- Le Messor
    "I'd love to, but I'm waiting to see if I'm already a winner."

I agree on the bigger supporting cast. These people have life after they leave their "office jobs", so why not see a little of it I would also dig some sort of revelation that prior to the current Alpha Flight, there was previous teams fighting the good fight for Canada. I mean, the Great Beasts, The Master, Major Maple Leaf and Snowbird's God relatives all existed before the current Department H and Alpha Flight. So who was fighting the bad guys? Was there a previous version of Alpha Flight, now retired on the shores of Florida perhaps? Waiting for their government pension cheques to be deposited to their bank account?

Congrats everyone on having your wishes come true, WOOT!

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    Just got back from Fan Expo, where I had the chance to meet FVL, Dale Eaglesham and his beautiful wife Louise (whom I might have a little crush on right now!). They were so kind, even though it was Sunday afternoon after what must have been a long weekend for them! Check out my profile picture, which is the pic we all took together!
    Aw, great meeting you too, Sypes, and you're quite the cutie yourself!

Yes, we were completely drained by the time you came by, but it's always so nice to meet people we've interacted with online that it gives us renewed energy.

And now I might have to crawl back into bed. SO exhausted!!
    I never said I was objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Congrats everyone on having your wishes come true, WOOT!

Aw, great meeting you too, Sypes, and you're quite the cutie yourself!

Yes, we were completely drained by the time you came by, but it's always so nice to meet people we've interacted with online that it gives us renewed energy.

And now I might have to crawl back into bed. SO exhausted!!
    Awww *blushes* thanks! ;-p. If I wasn't gay, and you weren't married... haha

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    Awww *blushes* thanks! ;-p. If I wasn't gay, and you weren't married... haha
    Seriously, I'm the biggest gay magnet I know! I'm Canada's version of Cher! :-b

Au plaisir de se revoir l'an prochain!
    I never said I was objective.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I'm probably going to be censured for this, but:

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    More Also here
    Believe it or not, I've been trying to be supportive. I've been biting my tongue about quite a few things I've disliked, (so imagine what I'd be like if I wasn't!) but:

Quote Originally Posted by Freg View Post
    "That plan allows us to do even more of what we're currently doing. I'm not sure how I can explain this without being spoilery, but we basically have a more robust second act to the "Unity" storyline"
    "the outlaw status of this former team of government superheroes. That's the place where they're going to end up very soon,"
    "cover of October's issue #5 which has them toting guns, '90s-style"
    "They start robbing banks."
    "Now that Mac is apparently a criminal in the eyes of his government," ('apparently'? Robbing banks is a crime, last I checked. Of course, when they rob you, it's fine.)
    "make her (Persuasion / Purple Girl) badass and more of a villain"

Nothing about any of that appeals to me. This is the opposite of why I love Alpha.
    I want my superheroes to be both - and this is undermining any sense of heroism.

Quote Originally Posted by Freg View Post
    a lot of fun with the outlaw status
    it's a fun status quo
    a bank heist scene coming up that's a lot of fun
    You keep on using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50276_2205073383_81&.jpg 
Views:	112 
Size:	11.0 KB 
ID:	1420

Please, Fred Van Lente, if you're reading - don't turn this into a 90s anti-'hero' comic.

There's a reason 90's comics aren't well-regarded these days.

- Le Messor
    "If you have an important point to make, don't try to be subtle or clever. Use a pile driver. Hit the point once. Then come back and hit it again. Then hit it a third time-a tremendous whack."
    ~ Winston Churchill
    Last edited by Le Messor; 08-30-2011 at 06:31 AM.