Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Some News Out of Fan Expo SPOILERS

Hmm...
    Re-reading that newsarama article it sounds like if the maxi is only 8 issues that we'll be getting a "Commonwealth of Heroes" book to follow, focusing on non-US teams...

Also from Fan Expo. A nice pic that gives nothing away ?
    Last edited by DelBubs; 08-27-2011 at 11:40 AM.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    See, I'd rather have AF guest star in other ongoing series to try and attract attention.
    If we have only got 8 issues I'd rather not spend half an issue focusing on Wolverine.
    I'd like to see them in more line-wide events. Not that I'm a fan of events but if they're going to make them, it'd be nice to see more interaction. If the world is at stake, there's no reason Alpha couldn't or shouldn't cross the border. Especially since it always seems to happen so close in NY!

Hmm...
    Re-reading that newsarama article it sounds like if the maxi is only 8 issues that we'll be getting a "Commonwealth of Heroes" book to follow, focusing on non-US teams...
    i think it sounds more like captain britian will be guest starring in alpha. i hope i'm right.

ugggghhhhhhhhh..........................

it looks like the live blogs are not working again today!!!! really?!!???

is anyone going to in or around fan expo or know of someplace it will be blogged?

It's the lack of wifi in the building making it impossible for the liveblogs to take place.

Pretty much all but confirmed by FVL, surely:

http://twitter.com/#!/fredvanlente/s...94648016142336
    @fredvanlente Fred Van Lente
    All of you bugging me for #AlphaFlight news need to pay attn to @CBCebulski's panel at 5:30 @FanExpoCanada

Yesterday's Fear Itself panel is online here.

AF section at 6.19
    Last edited by Phil; 08-27-2011 at 03:02 PM.

i'd hate to tell you i told you so...............but........you know.

now how the heck am i going to get news when they make a announcement?

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    i'd hate to tell you i told you so...............but........you know.
    If we're talking I-told-you-so's, I'm pretty sure I was first :P

lol. you got me there.

i'm hoping agent m or newsarama is tweeting during the panel.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I always wanted more guest stars so other readers would discover AF. I like that the team has their own little corner of the MU to play in, but sometimes you have to remind people they're still a part of it.
    Agreed.

See, I'd rather have AF guest star in other ongoing series to try and attract attention.
    That's cool, too, but I prefer to have slightly obscure guest stars in Alpha comics. Say there's a mad Captain Britain / Excalibur follower, who picks up everything they appear in (like I do with Alpha) - they'll pick up the issue of Alpha he shows up in. (Naturally.) Then they might think 'this is really good! I want more!' That's how I got Young Justice (crossover with Supergirl) and even Uncanny 94-200 (the good stuff).

...we'll be getting a "Commonwealth of Heroes" book to follow, focusing on non-US teams...
    I don't know where Taskmaster is from (or if he was just part of a general list of guest stars that aren't necessarily part of the "Commonwealth of Heroes") but wouldn't 'Commonwealth' imply Commonwealth countries only? Canada, UK, Australia / NZ (they might have to give us a few heroes for that to happen, though). Other members of the Commonwealth.

- Le Messor
    "I'd love to, but my Dress For Obscurity class meets then."

Is it just me, or does FVL seem a little on-edge? Maybe i am reading too much tone into that?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Hmm...
    I've always enjoyed seeing Marvel take a run at non-US characters. Even if they only center on British Commonwealth countries, they could use characters like Capt. Britain, Meggan, Black Knight, Windshear (former Alphan), Shamrock (appeared in AF vol. 1 #108, I believe), plus others.
    Hey, maybe they'll all team up and go after Boomerang and Pyro when they try to invade Australia.
    The Flight Forever !

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Hey, maybe they'll all team up and go after Boomerang and Pyro when they try to invade Australia.
    I think Pyro's dead. And British. Half the time. (The other half, he is Australian. Americans have trouble telling us apart.)

Do you know what happened when aliens tried invading Australia in the MU? Do you?

Nobody noticed, that's what!

- Le Messor
    Rich Guy: I expect better service!
    Bernard Black: Well, expect away. Goodbye!