Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: PREVIEW: Alpha Flight #4 **SPOILERS** UPDATED

Who is Century Man? I take it, you mean Centennial?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

So, I was reading an hardcover (one of the Marvel Premiere Classics I collect) of Captain America ('To Serve And Protect', which I think is the one where he takes a job as a waiter by day), when I noticed the art in a particular issue had this distinctive effect going for it. Looked pretty cool. I couldn't help wondering if that was the same 'pencils only, no inks' thing Dale mentioned he'd be doing. Took me a while to figure out to do it, but I decided to check the credits and see if there was an inker.
    Then I thought, yep, that's exactly what the upcoming art on Alpha Flight will look like!
    Yeah, it turned out Dale was the artist on that issue (I'd thought the only artist in the hardcover was Ron Garney, because of the cover credit).

... I just thought it was kind of cool.

- Le Messor
    "The real voyage of discovery is not seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes."
    ~ Marcel Proust

Is there any word on the publishing date for this issue yet? Ive looked around but not seen one.

Issue #4 is supposed to be published Wednesday, September 14, 2011.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Diamond still have it listed for next week so we should get previews tomorrow.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Next week?
    That's tomorrow!

Newsarama preview, some new stuff.

I thought initially it may be Delphine Courtney, but in #1 Heather (whoever she may be) denied that. I know that someone disguised would never admit to it, but when you take into account what Jeffries did to her all that time back...

BTW, welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard.

Hey DelBubs, are the covers you posted to the gallery going to be the final covers? I wonder...
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I'm not gonna commit on that Rob, they're the ones that came with the preview, but given the amount of stuff coming out of Marvel about AF, who can say.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

They're barcoded correctly and trade dressed so chances are they are the final ones, as is usual with press releases.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    I thought initially it may be Delphine Courtney, but in #1 Heather (whoever she may be) denied that. I know that someone disguised would never admit to it, but when you take into account what Jeffries did to her all that time back...
    Really? Crap...I need to re-read that...

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    BTW, welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard.
    Thanks! Long-time fan, first-time poster.

Well! The issue is out and you guys were right! Those are the actual covers. The blackened out figures remain obscured on the final versions. I'm sort of surprised because it really looked like they would reveal the character but they didn't!