Thread: Article: Alpha Flight (Vol.4) #3 - Phil's Take *Spoiler-light*

Default Article: Alpha Flight (Vol.4) #3 - Phil's Take *Spoiler-light*

Nice review! I'll leave all other comments for now, as I still haven't read issue 2. Thanx for not giving anything away!

I know I say this about each issue that comes out, but I lOVED IT! I don't buy a lot of comics (AF being my only regular one, with a few Beast Wars books) but the drawings and colors always flooooooooooooor me! The way their suit colors stand out compared to the metallic blues and greys (oh god, that sounded interior designer gay! haha) ! Simply simply simply beautiful.

Another great issue!

Marrina is the breakout character by a kilometre!

So after reading this issue I'm guessing that...

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    !

Aurora is on both Alpha Flight/Alpha Strike!

That would explain the rather hot-looking female silhouette in the background of next month's variant cover.

Another very well-written and entertaining issue. After 3 issues, Marrina has certainly grown on me. She is now one of my favourites on the team.

My only nit (a very minor one) which I've stated before...is the inking. It does seem a bit heavy for Eaglesham's pencils...but I know it is just me, and I will live with it.

More Alpha Flight!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I couldn't find the original discussions about this, so I thought I'd put it here.
    We had a discussion about when the last time before v4 is that the whole team - the original 8 - got together.
    I've just figured out the answer:
    never.

All eight have never fought as a team together before now. (That's all eight; the original original six have been together a few times.)
    They were in the same room at the end of v1 #1, but Puck missed the fight against Tundra.
    Shaman and Puck missed the fight against The Master in 2-4.
    Marrina missed the fight against Omega in #12, and against Strucker in X-Men / Alpha Flight 2.
    (And of course Puck and Marrina hadn't been invented yet in the original X-Men appearances.)

- Le Messor
    "My cup's been run over."
    ~ Mark T. Shirey

Quote Originally Posted by Imraith Nimphais View Post
    My only nit (a very minor one) which I've stated before...is the inking. It does seem a bit heavy for Eaglesham's pencils...but I know it is just me, and I will live with it.
    I agree, and as luck would have it from #5 they're going to be colouring straight from Dale's full pencils ala his recent FF work.