Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: The (Vol.4)#3 Thread *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    OhmanI'msorry!
    Didn't mean for you to have to read it!
    ... just learn from the discussion thread afterwards.
    That review put me halfway to troll status.

- Le Messor
    I have this terrible habit of reading stuff, but my therapist is helping with that.

Adding external teleportation to the powers of Guardian is a nice touch.

On a totally different subject. When Vindicator is speaking to Ranark, she says something along the lines of serving someone, who likes Ranark has much to Vindicate. Just wondering if this reinforces the premise that 'The Master' is behind this, or points elsewhere?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    When Vindicator is speaking to Ranark, she says something along the lines of serving someone, who likes Ranark has much to Vindicate. Just wondering if this reinforces the premise that 'The Master' is behind this, or points elsewhere?
    Hmm... A lot of people have stuff to vindicate. I don't know what it means here.

- LM
    "To forgive is divine, but vengeance is... something something."

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    S
    p
    o
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

I think it's safe to say it's not the GB's, as Ranark said to Heather: "You serve the one of the Earth older than I," and "But be warned mortal woman, by waking me you wake my masters, the Great Beasts of the North." Sounds like whoever it is controlling Heather, they aren't connected to the GB's. This is why I think it's the Master of the World, he's older than Ranark, and he's an Earthling, or "of the Earth." Plus, he's attempted to manipulate Canada through political machinations once before, and in that same instance he brainwashed Mac so that he turned against Alpha Flight.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Given that this is a Fear Itself tie-in, I would assume that the old one being referred to is The Serpent. So I'm thinking this Unity thing may have a mystical angle.
    Last edited by bigbloo; 08-21-2011 at 04:50 AM. Reason: forgot spoiler space
    Now Showing "Return from LurkWorld 3:Can I Have A Life Please?"

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    SPACE

Is it just me, or did Shaman cast a Patronus?

- Le Messor
    I wonder which house he is in. My bet is Hufflepuff.

So I guess he Wingardium Leviosa-ed himself and Walter out of Department H, eh?

Oh, a little nitpicky and

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    I
    S
    H

But shouldn't Aurora have gold eyes and Jeanne-Marie, baby blues?
    Last edited by bigbloo; 08-21-2011 at 05:21 AM.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo View Post
    So I guess he Wingardium Leviosa-ed himself and Walter out of Department H, eh?
    I don't think you can use that spell on yourself, can you?
    He doesn't have the loyalty of a Hufflepuff - just ask Liz.

Ravenclaw suits him, I think.

Oh, a little nitpicky and

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    I
    S
    H

But shouldn't Aurora have gold eyes and Jeanne-Marie, baby blues?
    Um... no? Despite the cover (done for effect), I don't think her eyes ever changed colour before - which I'm pretty sure doesn't happen with MPD.

- Le Messor Q: How many Psychiatrists does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: One, but the light bulb has to want to change.

Um... no? Despite the cover (done for effect), I don't think her eyes ever changed colour before - which I'm pretty sure doesn't happen with MPD.
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

Yes, this is the first time this eye color thing is being used to show the different personalities. I was just thinking, logically, it should be Jeanne-Marie with the blue eyes, because she is the original and Jean-Paul has blue eyes as well. Aurora would then be gold-eyed, because she is the newcomer. But then, this could get tricky later on when Aurora ends up the winner in the end and we have to change her eye color to gold permanently, so... I guess I'm ok with it the other way around.

Images

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

I was just thinking, logically, it should be Jeanne-Marie with the blue eyes, because she is the original and Jean-Paul has blue eyes as well. Aurora would then be gold-eyed, because she is the newcomer.
    Ah. I misunderstood the nature of your comment; you're saying it'd be better to have them swap the colours they currently have, rather than asking for different colours now.
    Yes, I agree that Aurora makes more sense having the golden eye. Then she could be played by Tina Turner.
    In jello.

But I digress; Aurora's the one who dressed in gold, after all. And faced Gilded Lily. And dates golden-furred Sasquatch.
    She's a much more gold character than Jeanne-Marie (who's cold and blue).

- Le Messor
    "I'd love to, but my crayons all melted together."
    Last edited by Le Messor; 08-23-2011 at 07:13 AM.

It's a nice visual way of differentiating between the two characters for the reader's sake.
    It may be a purely metaphorical thing for our benefit rather than actually happening.

Images

Yeah, that's what I figured when I saw the cover.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

After rereading I am a little perturbed as to which Aurora joined Alpha at the bar. Last image before her return suggested to me that Jeanne Marie was in asendence. So...?

Images

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    After rereading I am a little perturbed as to which Aurora joined Alpha at the bar. Last image before her return suggested to me that Jeanne Marie was in asendence. So...?
    I thought it was deliberately ambiguous.
    We also don't know what happened between her heading back to H and her meeting up with Alpha. Could she have Unity? Unity Kincaid? Tell me that I'm dreaming!

- Le Messor
    "You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk."

Unity Saskatchewan
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

I thought it was deliberately ambiguous.
    We also don't know what happened between her heading back to H and her meeting up with Alpha. Could she have Unity? Unity Kincaid? Tell me that I'm dreaming!

- Le Messor
    "You can't hide a piece of broccoli in a glass of milk."
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

The softer face, eye color and body language are all pointing to the one returning to the bar being Jeanne-Marie, and not Aurora.

I would be more worried about Walt's not being able to change to Sasquatch, if it weren't for the preview of future covers showing Sasquatch. Although that doesn't mean its necessarily Walt. It could be one of those real Sasquatches from v.2.

I wonder why Walt can't change? Did the gamma ray burst from the Box robot sever his connection to Tanaraq? Or was Brown telling the truth and this is a symptom of his "brain damage"?
    Last edited by bigbloo; 08-25-2011 at 10:36 PM.

I would be more worried about Walt's not being able to change to Sasquatch, if it weren't for the preview of future covers showing Sasquatch. Although that doesn't mean its necessarily Walt. It could be one of those real Sasquatches from v.2.

Please no... nothing from vol. 2 or vol. 3. I can't take anymore of that stuff. Vol. 2 was ALMOST bearable, but I really disliked the "real" Sasquatch and Manbot... just ridiculous. And vol. 3... well, I don't think I'm exaggerating when I say that vol. 3 sucked worse than anything has ever sucked in the entire history of suckdom.
    I'm guessing its temporary, probably a side-effect of whatever they were planning to do to him before he escaped.
    The Flight Forever !

Images

It could be one of those real Sasquatches from v.2.
    Those have fangs, don't they?

- Le Messor
    "I'd love to, but it's too close to the turn of the century."