Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: The (Vol.4)#3 Thread *SPOILERS*

Oooooh so she transformed into the mythical Thunderbird? Very cool! I hope we see more mythical transformations from Snowbird.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Oooooh so she transformed into the mythical Thunderbird? Very cool! I hope we see more mythical transformations from Snowbird.
    That would be very cool. If she could then I vote for the Sisiutl.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    SPACE

Is it just me, or did Shaman cast a Patronus?

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Who is the older one, older than Ranark? Someone damn old, since he's a very old old guy.
    Somon?
    Do we know it isn't the GBs behind this?

- Le Messor
    Hobbes: Look, it says you have to be eighteen to buy cigarettes.
    Calvin: Eighteen?!? By then I'll know better!

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Somon?
    Do we know it isn't the GBs behind this?

- Le Messor
    Hobbes: Look, it says you have to be eighteen to buy cigarettes.
    Calvin: Eighteen?!? By then I'll know better!
    S
    p
    o
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

I think it's safe to say it's not the GB's, as Ranark said to Heather: "You serve the one of the Earth older than I," and "But be warned mortal woman, by waking me you wake my masters, the Great Beasts of the North." Sounds like whoever it is controlling Heather, they aren't connected to the GB's. This is why I think it's the Master of the World, he's older than Ranark, and he's an Earthling, or "of the Earth." Plus, he's attempted to manipulate Canada through political machinations once before, and in that same instance he brainwashed Mac so that he turned against Alpha Flight.
    Last edited by Legerd; 08-14-2011 at 02:01 AM.

Images

S
    p
    o
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I think it's safe to say it's not the GB's, as Ranark said to Heather: "You serve the one of the Earth older than I," and "But be warned mortal woman, by waking me you wake my masters, the Great Beasts of the North."
    You make some very good points. Oh, well, so much for my Ghostbusters theory.

- Le Messor
    "It's my parakeet's bowling night."

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    SPACE

Yeah!!! Llans back Joking
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Another great issue. I havent been this happy to visit my lcs in a long while. Still quite a bit of buzz and talk about the series as well. I received the Fear Itself cover with Aurora's split face on the cover however they did have the variant cover which was already priced at $12.99 which I found interesting. First time I had actually seen any of the variant covers on the shelves.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E
    I get the impression that the Aurora that returned to the bar is the cheerleader for UNITY we saw. AF has a sleeper in their ranks. A quick question, when Heather goes see Ranark, she pops up right on location as such. I'm sure it's been discussed, but is that whole setting yourself at rest from the Earths rotation teleporting trick that accurate now. I thought it was fairly random where you ended up?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

I've just had a thought about Aurora's new sexual abuse angle (confirmed in this issue).
    The nuns' abuse wouldn't work on her: she's not holding a grudge against them.
    (Which isn't to say there wasn't a better way to handle it.)

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    I'm sure it's been discussed, but is that whole setting yourself at rest from the Earths rotation teleporting trick that accurate now.
    Don't nit! Don't nit! Didn't you learn from my 0.1 review?

- Le Messor
    "One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know. Then we tried to remove the tusks. The tusks. That's not so easy to say. Tusks. You try it some time. As I say, we tried to remove the tusks. But they were embedded so firmly we couldn't budge them. Of course, in Alabama the Tuscaloosa, but that is entirely ir-elephant to what I was talking about."
    ~ Groucho in Animal Crackers

I did read your review Mick, but since then I've read thousands of more words (some even in the right order(memory loss))
    Del

I sure like how #1 to #3 have been drawn and written, now that I have mine and have read them!

I do wonder who is behind all of this, taking advantage of the damage done by the Serpent and Hammer bunch. And who is Ranark referring to? Would he recognize Llan or the Master's 'scent'? And who 'of Earth' would want/risk bringing back the Great Beats? Would the Master not care about the Great Beasts? 'Of the Earth' or 'Of the earth'? Could be either. Older, maybe the Master or Dreamqueen, Dreamqueen would have this level of influence and mind control, the Master not so much. A puzzle to debate, and figure out.

Great to see Puck and Guardian being used as true heroes, not silly or hanging back.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

I'm worried for Purple Girl though. Was causing brain damage really necessary? She's the only non-Byrne character we've seen revisited!
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

I'm sure it's been discussed, but is that whole setting yourself at rest from the Earths rotation teleporting trick that accurate now. I thought it was fairly random where you ended up?
    I would think that as long as you have all the variables (Earth's rotation speed, latitude, distance between point A, and point B, and the amount of time needed to travel that distance at that speed) you could just let the suit's computer handle the calculations, and pop you right on target. Perhaps in the beginning it was random, but with the technology they would have now, I would think they could accurately determine the jaunt.
    After all, if Tony Stark can constantly upgrade his armour, why can't Mac upgrade the suit once in awhile?

The precursor to the warp drive I suppose. Actually makes sense. Cheers
    Del

Images

I did read your review Mick, but since then I've read thousands of more words (some even in the right order(memory loss))
    OhmanI'msorry!
    Didn't mean for you to have to read it!
    ... just learn from the discussion thread afterwards.
    That review put me halfway to troll status.

- Le Messor
    "I'd love to, but I'm in training to be a household pest."