Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The (Vol.4)#3 Thread *SPOILERS*

Default The (Vol.4)#3 Thread *SPOILERS*

Okay folks, here's your official thread to discuss #3.

Anything from here contains spoilers, so don't read if you don't want it spoiled.

And remember the preview panel when posting anything with

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

SPACE

Good issue, and what form did Snowbird take? and was that electricity coming out? Thats new. Loved the bear coat Shaman wore. Holy Ranark serves the Great Beasts? AWESOME!!! I was right he gave Department H the Great Beast bone. Art is incredible, I wonder why Walter cant access his powers, and now the guessing game begins who really is behind Unity. Seems like the Master to me as he is indeed older then Ranark
    Last edited by -K-M-; 08-10-2011 at 03:01 PM.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    SPACE

Yeah ,the lightning breath is a whole new awesome. It was hard to see that it was coming from Snowbird's mouth in that first panel, but in the 2nd panel you can clearly see it. Who is the older one, older than Ranark? Someone damn old, since he's a very old old guy. Whoever it is, he's behind the whole thing. It was sort of weird when Mac asked for help from the USA teams, but also nice to see Alpha Flight integrated with the rest of the Marvel Universe, if that plays out. Great job on the Ranark re-design, too!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    SPACE

So can Snowbird just take any form now? As there is no Canadian animal that can do what she did haha.

I wonder how old Ranark is? Dreamqueen is 800 yrs old, Master of the World is 40,000 years old, Great Beasts are older them all (but we know their not behind Unity) and Llan is older then them. My bet is the Master

Yeah Im a big fan of Ranark's new design, he was very bland and boring before.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

What about Witchfire's father? How old would he be? Isn't he like the devil or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Sypes View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

What about Witchfire's father? How old would he be? Isn't he like the devil or something?
    Belasco is from the 13th Century, and just the ruler of Limbo (or formerly was)

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    SPACE

Was the drawing at Ranark cave a depiction of Tanaraq? perhaps linked to Walter not being able to transform?

Another terrific issue!

Marrina is awesome.

I just wish they didn't waste four pages on the "Castle" preview.

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

a few observations on this issue:

* i love marina's new attitude. love it. she may wind up being my favorite after this mini series is over.

* snowbird acting more like a goddess was very nice to see.

* the art was terrific yet again.

* we now know who the shaded out figure is for next issue, i really hope its a temporary thing.

* ranark (sp?) looks awesome and kind of freaked me out as creepy as he is.

* i think its becoming evident who's behind all of this.

again, as soon as i finish reading, i want more. the creative team seems to be hitting it's stride, the art is phenomenal, the characterizations are spot on, everything i remember about this team and loving the characters is on display.

something tells me when this is collected in tpb and when the series is over it's going to be a unbelievable read.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    Was the drawing at Ranark cave a depiction of Tanaraq? perhaps linked to Walter not being able to transform?
    I took it as that.

Absolutely loving this new series... the best version since Byrne. Also the best artwork since the Byrne run. Cannot wait for the next issue.

Great issue, things are really beginning to move now. The story and artwork are topnotch once again, and the old continuity is not only being revived, it's being built upon.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

I took what Ranark said to be referring to the Master of the World. He's older than Ranark, and he's "of the Earth" (or world), plus, if you recall the last few issues of Vol. 1, the Master had brainwashed Mac so that he turned against AF to the point that he was willing to attack Heather. Obviously, he's improved the technique since then.

I'm not sure that Snowbird breathing lightning is necessarily a power of the animal form she took (unless she took the form of a thunderbird), but may be her using her godly powers while transformed. IDK, what do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    I'm not sure that Snowbird breathing lightning is necessarily a power of the animal form she took (unless she took the form of a thunderbird),
    Good catch;
    http://www.daleeaglesham.com/Denizen...51918#msg51918

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    Absolutely loving this new series... the best version since Byrne. Also the best artwork since the Byrne run. Cannot wait for the next issue.
    Welcome to the site!

Thanks, I'm glad I finally joined. Been a die-hard Alphan since the beginning... yes, I am that old. Never thought anyone could bring back the magic that Byrne breathed into this team, but this new series is amazing. Great story, exceptional artwork... hope they keep it coming.
    The Flight Forever !