Thread: Deadly Ernest - bu..wah?

Default Deadly Ernest - bu..wah?

Just spotted this and felt the need to share. This is why I don't trust Wikipedia...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Deadly_Ernest

If it all looks good to you, someone may have fixed it now I've pointed it out (though it's survived there unchallenged for over three years, per the site history) - just click on page history to see the version I'm on about. If it's not been fixed, I'm sure everyone will spot the problem. It's not exactly subtle...

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

All that stuff about the paint-sniffing guy in #110?

bu... wah? Wednesday through Friday?

Somebody has been sniffing paint.

- Le Messor
    "Short circuits got no reason to live."

I like the way the Alphanex Wiki is cited as an external source. Maybe they should have read it as well as citing it.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Wiki prides itself on its accuracy: "vandalism is usually repaired extremely quickly—so quickly that most users will never see its effects" Weird how I keep finding blatantly wrong information on it that has been there for years unchallenged. Even funnier is that, whenever I correct such stuff, I unfailingly have someone rush in to undo my edits, despite my always citing references proving the info I add. I'm not registered, and that causes them to be suspicious. Yet the dodgy stuff I find has usually been added by registered users - as is the case here.

Oh memories I edited a few wiki entries some years back with references and a registered user deleted it all within a matter of days.

Can someone do me a favour and ask Nemesis "who's your daddy?" for me because I must have missed it for the last couple of decades.

DIGGER

Images

Somebody (one of us, presumably?) has fixed it.
    Let's see how long that lasts.

- LM
    "I'd love to, but I'm planning to go downtown to try on gloves."

I fixed it - try as I might to ignore Wikipedia, I can't stand to see misinformation promulgated once I spot it.

Images

The professional! Of course!

Yeah, I understand that.

- LM
    "Smoke no peaches."

Quote Originally Posted by Loki View Post
    I fixed it - try as I might to ignore Wikipedia, I can't stand to see misinformation promulgated once I spot it.
    Hey, Loki! What's shakin'? Good to see you are still around. Enjoying your summer?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/