Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Shocking Alpha News out this week

I was thinking Master or Dreamqueen being behind this.

Yikes! Is it too late for Mac to make a deal with Mephisto to erase his marriage?

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    i'm gonna say the master is behind all of it.
    I guess he would be considered the most well known Alpha villain.

I checked it out at the AF Club over at daleeaglesham.com - all I can say is Wow! Part of me thinks it's one of those "virtual reality pods" that they showed in #2 but I don't think Freg will go with such a scenario. This is going to have repercussions in AF for a long time and spells the end of what we had always taken for granted!

I wonder if Madison would still want Heather? if this is reality, I don't think Mac will want her anymore!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

I've not looked at the image yet, so I can't comment on that, but:

Quote Originally Posted by Wolvie
    Here's an exclusive scoop for Agora members:
    What's Agora, and why do their members get exclusive Alpha Flight scoops?

I'd like a triple-scoop for payback, thanks. English toffee, strawberry, and hmm... mango.

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I’m doing door-to-door collecting for static cling."

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Dale Eaglesham's message board.

I'd like a triple-scoop for payback, thanks. English toffee, strawberry, and hmm... mango.
    Was that "for payback", or "for Flashback"?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Was that "for payback", or "for Flashback"?
    Payback... I'm not feeding a villain MY icecream!

Phil - I probably should have known that. But I didn't.

- Le Messor
    "Two men look out through the same bars; one sees mud, and one the stars."

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    Looks like murder to me

Bleeding Cool News. Miracle Man?
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

So, how do you fix a hero after that? I trust Freg has a long term plan, because I can't see how Heather's is going to come to terms with her actions within this maxiseries. Maybe this is a hint at an ongoing in which this will be dealt with over the long run? More importantly though, how are fans going to handle this heel turn? Do you think it will affect sales?

I don't think it will overly affect sales. Heathers actions are an integral part of the story line, the big reveal will show why people have done what we have seen. Heather maybe killing real people (if it's not a dream VR etc) is not going to be able to counter the anticipation of trying to figure out or waiting for the why. IMHO
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    I don't think it will overly affect sales. Heathers actions are an integral part of the story line, the big reveal will show why people have done what we have seen. Heather maybe killing real people (if it's not a dream VR etc) is not going to be able to counter the anticipation of trying to figure out or waiting for the why. IMHO
    I only ask, because there were posters on CBR's forums saying how they liked Heather/disliked Mac so much they were voting for Alpha Strike to win, and wondered if, after seeing her do this, they would be so angry as to choose not to buy any more of the series.
    Never thought about it being only VR though, good call. However, I figure it's real as there was that panel with the two guards, and one of them has a little smirk grin which I wouldn't think would be programmed into a simulation. Then again, that doesn't take into account Freg throwing it in as a swerve.

This just makes me mad that I won't get 0.1 to and so on until #4 itself is released! To save money I am getting all four mailed at once. I will enjoy it all, I tells ya!

Now, I'm thinking she really is doing the deed, no dream, and really means to do it, but I agree too that she's unaware of manipulation from... oh, I have to agree it's got to be the Master or Dreamqueen. We'll see by #8, which I also have on order (0.1-4, 5-.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    So, how do you fix a hero after that? I trust Freg has a long term plan, because I can't see how Heather's is going to come to terms with her actions within this maxiseries.
    I can't see her going back to being a hero after this. Even if it is to "Vindicate" herself. She'll either snap out of it and give up the hero life, stay a villain and be on the loose/behind bars or killed off (Although I think only in an Alpha Flight book could a main character going to jail be a bigger shock then their actual death!). BTW does Speedball still have that slightly used Penance suit available?

Didn't Bedlam the Brain Blast try to take control over Heather in the vol. 1 series when AF fought the Derangers! Maybe there are some residual effects from that time and what did in fact happen to Gary Cody after he released Bedlam?