Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Shocking Alpha News out this week

Hmmm...Did I call that (with Heather) or what?

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by EccentricSage View Post
    Well, I guess if the news is bad, I'll have someone to cry with.

Are they both still alive and is Jeffries... you know... Jeffries again yet? Have they dealt with the terrible nonsense of him joining Weapon X and helping to imprison and abuse his own wife? I swear I could just wring Tieri's neck.
    Well, Madison was picked up by the X-Men slightly unhinged in the wilderness and was brought back with them and joined their X-Club (Science Team).
    He's now a pretty much regular supporting character with the X-Men in a very much Forge-esque role.

Lil turned up alive and well on Utopia over in the pages of X-Force
    , only to be killed the next issue.

There was a short, pretty well written, anthology story covering Lil & Madison's reconciliation and dealing with the Weapon X events, bookending her funeral.

I've added links to Rob's site that give a bit more detail as well as specific issue numbers.

Thanks Phil. WTF. -_- Marvel REALLY likes killing people off since I've been gone.

I remember a time when character deaths happened because they served a purpose in the story. Now it seems like writers think they have to kill characters off often to be taken seriously or something. The writer's statement about it pisses me off. No, I will not buy books he writes, considering I know he is indifferent to the fans and does not care about the characters. -_- FFS, I try to write fan-fiction, and I know how hard it is to kill a character you really love. Most Marvel writers don't seem at all attached to the characters they choose to write. Just look at how they'll bring in a character they don't normally write just long enough to kill them off for some quick and easy drama minus much need for plot.
    Last edited by EccentricSage; 08-08-2011 at 07:45 AM.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Thanks Phil. WTF. -_- Marvel REALLY likes killing people off since I've been gone.
    Be glad you're not looking too close at DC, then.
    It got to the stage where people saw a chipper new young woman superhero, and their first reaction was to start measuring her fridge.

- Le Messor
    "I've got a good mind to go out and join a club and beat you over the head with it."
    ~ Groucho Marx in Duck Soup

Luckily I never liked DC to begin with.

But Marvel... Marvel had such a well built main universe with fantastic history built over the years, and wonderful, diverse, lovingly crafted characters with great origin concepts. And the writers nowadays just go 'why should I care, this isn't MY favorite character I'm writing. Lets ether change who they are completely or else kill them off. That's easier than getting to know and understand the character and continuity. Oh! Better yet, why not do both!" -_-

At least there is the off chance that some writer who actually LIKED Wildchild could pull the **** they always pulled with Sabertooth and Wolverine. But what will even be left of the Marvel Universe I loved by time that happens?

In Lil's case, they would have to come up with something incredibly convoluted to bring her back. She's not a character with that much of a back story or that long of a list of fans, so it will probably never happen. What BS.
    "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me thrice, you must be Marvel."
    -FlightPath07 Don't you feel all important now?

In Lil's case, they would have to come up with something incredibly convoluted to bring her back. She's not a character with that much of a back story or that long of a list of fans, so it will probably never happen. What BS.
    Yup. Sadly, agree.

What BS.
    Especially with that part. I really liked Lil. She got a bad rap too often. She was one of those characters that Alpha Flight could have really helped redeem, ALMOST like a villain gone ot the good side (altho she wa snever REALLY a villain). And, of course, same thing with Wild Child.

But Marvel doesn't want damaged characters that get better. They want damaged characters that get worse!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

have you noticed some of the big Marvel stories were first done AF? Redeeming villans = Thunderbolts. Super Power Registry Act + Cival War.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    (altho she wa snever REALLY a villain). And, of course, same thing with Wild Child.
    So many people overlook that!

- Le Messor
    "I'd love to, but the man on television told me to stay tuned."

BTW, I have some high hopes for some of the newer DC titles. I actually find a lot of what they are doing, fascinating, and am eager to see where it leads. Not so much the rebooting of old titles, but the lesser-known titles they are starting up at the same time seem kinda cool.

For instance, I haven't read any issues yet, but have added "Frankenstein: Agent of S.H.A.D.E." to my pull-list. Looks like good, clean fun!

Luckily I never liked DC to begin with.
    I used to follow Teen Titans and Birds of Prey religiously for awhile; then they started to suck, almost as much as 99% of Marvel comics suck.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

At least there is the off chance that some writer who actually LIKED Wildchild could pull the **** they always pulled with Sabertooth and Wolverine. But what will even be left of the Marvel Universe I loved by time that happens?

Not really in Lil's case. All they have to say is that her protective aura interacted with Mortis' death touch and this caused her to go into a coma.

Quote Originally Posted by Talisman View Post
    Not really in Lil's case. All they have to say is that her protective aura interacted with Mortis' death touch and this caused her to go into a coma.
    Except that she's at the bottom of the ocean now in an airtight transparent coffin, with a limited supply of air (unless it's vacuum-sealed, then she really is a gonner).

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by cmdrkoenig67 View Post
    Except that she's at the bottom of the ocean now in an airtight transparent coffin, with a limited supply of air (unless it's vacuum-sealed, then she really is a gonner).

Dana
    I'm sure they could explain it someway. It's comic book science, it's not like the impossible is truly impossible.