Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cover for Alpha #5

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    Don't forget the disperportional chest and short arms.
    I was going to reply to this image but there is just so much wrong with it I don't know where to begin (the wings on his head are even crooked but man is that ever a square jaw). I just wonder who he has stuck in that costume with him.

DIGGER

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    I think Alice Cooper is a genius!
    Cool! I got tickets for September. (Sydney)

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    I was going to reply to this image but there is just so much wrong with it I don't know where to begin
    How 'bout the perspective on the chest, making it look like it's facing two ways at once?

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I want to spend more time with my blender."

I think the consensus is that that is not a very good picture, so maybe we should leave it at that
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

How 'bout the perspective on the chest, making it look like it's facing two ways at once?

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I want to spend more time with my blender."[/QUOTE]

It's one of Caps Super powers from the serum.

But, creatively, I think he is a genius (much the way I think Alice Cooper is a genius!).

And that's all i have to say about that.
    There are alot of geniuses(?) in comics. Though the way the industustry is set it's hard to figure out who is and isn't. Liefeld and six other (Jim Lee, Valentino, Selvesrti, McFarlane, Larsen, and Pichacio (?) left Marvel to form Image. The bases was for more creater control, money and so forth. They saw their pay cheques and saw how much there books were selling and saw how much money Marvel was making so they decided to form there own company where they have the bigger piece of the pie and control over the charaters. Image was a good idea at the time, but with no one to answer to, they were late with there own books and started to venture off into doing other stuff like toys. But in the end of it they became what they hated the most. They became another Marvel. Image did some good things for comics like shifting the spotlight to smaller and indipendent companies. They also did some bad, foucusing so much on drawing instead of story telling and stories itself they started to lose some of there fan base, and when the bottom fell out Image suffered just like everyone else did in comics.
    I still have no idea what Wild Cats is about.

I HATE W.I.L.D.Cats! Tried to read seeveral issues; couldn't understand anything, it was like reading a bad comic in a foreign language.

Please remember, Liefeld admits that the guys who formed Image were not very good artists. Rob also had no formal art training. Yet he still got hired by Marvel to draw comics for them!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Wild C.a.t.s was never my favourite Image comic. I did enjoy Stormwatch though. From Stormwatch we got Ellis's take on the team and then 'The Authority'. From that we can see how 'Planetary' came about and so on. Some good stuff came from Image, but in some departments it never measured up to the big two.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    in some departments it never measured up to the big two.
    Power Girl?

I HATE W.I.L.D.Cats! Tried to read seeveral issues; couldn't understand anything, it was like reading a bad comic in a foreign language.
    Same here. I picked up a #1 issue way back when to see what it was like, and hated everything about it. The story was awful, the dialogue was lame, the characters all seemed to be ripoffs of Marvel or DC characters, the art was ugly... I think the inking, and colouring was okay, but beyond that I couldn't see any appeal whatsoever.

Please remember, Liefeld admits that the guys who formed Image were not very good artists. Rob also had no formal art training. Yet he still got hired by Marvel to draw comics for them!
    The reason why no one who gets hired as a comic book artist never really had any formal training is if you go into college or university at the time (90's) and say you want to become a comic book artist they'ed turn you around and kick you out the door. I know, because that's what I told OCAD and other art schools at the time. They all had this view from the 30's or 40's mentality, that you only did comic book work if you had no other choice or were looking for some serious work, and if you did do comic work, you'd change your name so that your legitamate work would not get effected.

So alot of comic artist were people that knew how to do story telling and draw good. That's why I'm still dumbfounded by Liefeld. Take a look at Youngblood #1 and look how the costume changes for the charater named Sentinal(?) (They guy with the yellow shoulder pad(s) and helmet). But also to get into comics you have to bug the crap out of the editor till you get some work, like McFarelane did.

The reason why no one who gets hired as a comic book artist never really had any formal training is if you go into college or university at the time (90's) and say you want to become a comic book artist they'ed turn you around and kick you out the door. I know, because that's what I told OCAD and other art schools at the time.

Alpha Rider, are you secretly Rob Liefeld in disguise?

I have got to say, even though I "accidentally on purpose" hijacked this thread a wee bit, this has been a fun conversation! In a year or two, we'll have to revisit this, do a whole thread on Liefeld and Image!
    Last edited by Flightpath07; 07-31-2011 at 02:08 PM. Reason: cuz I wanted to, and nobody could stop me! Bwah ha ha ha !
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Awh man my cover is blown. But I did work in the comic book industry with some big name artist and companies, and was schooled in what was going on in the industry. However that was in the past and I have no plans on ever going back. Too many pre-madaonnas. Everyone is *****y about the other guy can't draw or write, but jealous because they don't have the big name project like the other guy. What a bunch of whinning babies.

Awh man my cover is blown. But I did work in the comic book industry with some big name artist and companies, and was schooled in what was going on in the industry. However that was in the past and I have no plans on ever going back. Too many pre-madaonnas. Everyone is *****y about the other guy can't draw or write, but jealous because they don't have the big name project like the other guy. What a bunch of whinning babies.
    And now you have piqued my curousity. But I will refrain from asking you anything you do not wish to volunteer. Hopefully you have found happiness and contentment in other employment since?

I have nothing to hide. Anyone wishes to ask me anything about my past or present employment is fine by me. As for my happiness, I'm very happy, probably the happest i've ever been.

Images

I have nothing to hide. Anyone wishes to ask me anything about my past or present employment is fine by me.
    Where were you on November 22, 1963?