Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: Alpha Flight #5 Solicitation **Spoiler Sensitive**

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

The problem with them throwing a bullet would then be getting it to fly straight -
    however, the spray them like a machine gun idea sounds workable.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Spit don't weigh enough to kill a man, which is something Grandpa rplass taught me when I was a kid.
    Do I want to hear the rest of that story?

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Do a simple experiment. Have a friend spit at you at 55mph out of the window of a car and see if you die. I bet you won't.
    Bet I will!
    Oh, you mean from the spit...
    You're probably right about that.

- Le Messor
    "I'd love to, but I'm looking for a microscope powerful enough to find the fantasy in Game Of Thrones."

I would guess even a handful of jelly beans thrown at the right velocity would be enough to deter any would be attacker. Bit of a Super Villian fail though if you had to admit to be taken out by a apricot flavoured sweet hitting you in the eye.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Bit of a Super Villian fail though if you had to admit to be taken out by a apricot flavoured sweet hitting you in the eye.
    Some super-villains are epic-fail all by themselves; think Paste Pot Pete and Stilt-Man.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Caliber comes to mind. Stilt Man had obvious flaws, what was needed was some one down below tying his boot laces together.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Images

Caliber was meant for fail though - there only as an excuse to get Alpha together (much the way they used Attuma in #1 - did anyone else think that? I've thought specifically of Caliber before, in considering that.)

I notice your new avatar, Del - cool. And, I note the theme. Ah, Adolph, so much fun!

- Le Messor
    "My uncle escaped again."

Would be interesting one day to run a poll on Alphas lamest villians. Caliber got two appearences though. As for the Avatar, what can I say, more than Harpo obviously, but still my hero.
    Del

Alpha's lamest villain? Shouldn't that be Roger Bochs?!!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Images

Ooh! Viscous!

I personally never saw anything heroic or super heroic in the ability to shot a gun...
    I like my heroes with powers which I don't possess, hence the reason I HATE Flash

Couple days late to the conversation but Northstar at super speed vectoring off, a logy a SPLAT while it might not be fatal sure did bring a smile to my face. Now let's replace said hocker with mouthful of seed...

The vectoring off is going to have to happen. I image it'd be like spitting into the wind while it would be hualing as soon as it left his mouth air friction would soon begin to slow it and then splat right in his own eye.

Time to e-mail mythbusters.

Just a thought; have AF ever actually classed themselves, or at least referred to themselves, as superheroes?

If they're Canada's protectors then is the use of arms part of protecting the nation & it's people at any cost?

Not defending it, just playing devil's advocate.

Images

Quote Originally Posted by Centurymanstillsucks View Post
    I like my heroes with powers which I don't possess, hence the reason I HATE Flash
    Uh, -- Gordon, or --, the Fastest Man Alive?
    'coz you probably don't got the power to get a Queen theme song! :P

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Just a thought; have AF ever actually classed themselves, or at least referred to themselves, as superheroes?
    Not sure, it's something I'd probably gloss over without thinking about it; but:
    From the second origin story, called 'Purpose'
    (The Fantastic Four) ""Transformed into... What's this the paper calls them? Super Heroes! That's it!"
    At that moment James Hudson finds the one element missing from Department H. (...) Purpose!"

So, yeah, according to Mac their whole purpose was to be superheroes right from the beginning. In so many words.

- Le Messor
    "I'd love to, but I'm taking punk totem pole carving."

[QUOTE=Le Messor;81724]Uh, -- Gordon, or --, the Fastest Man Alive?

Or maybe Thompson... but it couldn't be because he was a real jerk to Peter Parker.

DIGGER

Images

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Uh, -- Gordon, or --, the Fastest Man Alive?
    Or maybe Thompson... but it couldn't be because he was a real jerk to Peter Parker.
    All the more reason for CMSS to hate him?