Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: Alpha Flight #5 Solicitation **Spoiler Sensitive**

Default Article: Alpha Flight #5 Solicitation **Spoiler Sensitive**

Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hate the guns!

Quote Originally Posted by swh_comicguy View Post
    Hate the guns!
    They haven't proven to be over popular. Can't understand the need.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Likely the guns are there because the government can counter their powers; most are close combat fighters except Guardian.

I'm willing to wait on the gun business. It could be Carlo Pagulayan is generalising like Jimenez did on his covers? Taskmaster uses various weapons in fights etc, maybe he just teaches AF weapons skills, just in case?

Why do they need gun when they have super powers? Could they have been depowered? Northstar and Aurora appears like they are running at "human" speed, but Sasquatch is still Sasquatch and not Walter... doesn't make much sense

Like Del said, it could be a visual metaphor for AF using more guerrilla warfare tactics. However, I wouldn't be adverse to Puck using weapons more often.

It seems like Freg is taking AF in a new direction with this. Hopefully it'll be one that brings in more fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Legerd View Post
    However, I wouldn't be adverse to Puck using weapons more often.
    Of all the characters he seems the most likely to use one.
    And I do like the scale ratio of the gun he's using. Very Predator.

Just theorising here. Couldn't Northstar or Aurora actually throw a bullet faster than it leaves a barrel (sp) ?

Unknown. They can hold it in their hand, fly to (some fast speed =muzzle velocity in fps, whatever that is) and let it go, but we don't know how fast they can accelerate to that muzzle velocity speed. Can they do it from standing still with their arm or does it take them a few hundred yards to get up to speed first?
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I was re-reading the first Deadly Ernest story this morning and thats what got me wondering. Aurora punches the mugger a 100 times at super speed, without speeding up the rest of her body. On that premise she could work up momentum holding a bullet and when released...

Here's a chart of the various speeds of bullets. If the twins can accelerate their bodies (or in this case their arms) up to 12,360,000 mps normally (Mach 10 in meters/second) then they could easily toss a bullet for deadly effect. Even wilder, they'd be able to throw a handful of bullets creating a spray, or one at a time like a machine gun.

Even wilder, they'd be able to throw a handful of bullets creating a spray, or one at a time like a machine gun
    Speaking of spraying, couldn't they therefore just spit really fast, sending said saliva right through their foe's body, killing them? Really, the possibilities are endless - as long as you suspend disbelief and say that these things are real and possible in comics.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

"NO" on the spit-kill because you need to have the mass behind the object to do damage. Spit don't weigh enough to kill a man, which is something Grandpa rplass taught me when I was a kid. Fired bullets have significant mass and velocity, packing a wallop of energy.

Do a simple experiment. Have a friend spit at you at 55mph out of the window of a car and see if you die. I bet you wont. But if that same friend tosses a rock at 55mph, you gonna get you face smash.

Love,
    rplass
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Do a simple experiment. Have a friend spit at you at 55mph out of the window of a car and see if you die. I bet you wont. But if that same friend tosses a rock at 55mph, you gonna get you face smash.

Love,
    rplass
    Why do I think you've tried this?