Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is Guardian still a cyborg?

Default Is Guardian still a cyborg?

Forgive me if this has been discussed before, but is he?

If he isn't, then when did he stop being one? With the latest resurrection?

One inquiring reader wants to know!

~Jason

Going from this I would say yes, but I get confused easily
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yeah, I read that just a few minutes before posting the question.

It got me thinking that the last time I can even remember it being referenced was the end of Volume 1.

(Doesn't mean that it hasn't been addressed since, since I haven't read Volume 3 or his Wolverine appearances, or I might even just not remember when it was addressed.)

~Jason E.

I think we're gonna need an expert on this. My undertanding is that this Mac is the past version (see here ). On that basis, it would seem that this is the non cybernetic Mac. Any takers?
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I always read his re-introduction as The Antiguard at the end of Volume 1 as The Master having taken all the cyborg stuff out of him.
    I have no idea why I thought it at the time, or if there's been anything to contradict it since, however.

He had his cybernetic parts after the Anti-Guard incident it was referenced as such in the handbooks. Now does he have the cybernetic parts in this new run of Alpha Flight? No I don't think he does, no real reason as they haven't stated as such but I feel Fred Van Lente wanted to go back to the true Byrne characters and start from there.

Something to do with the whole cloning/de-aging debacle pre-Volume 2?

On the Marvel site they reference that whole coming back from the past stuff. I think it's at times like this we need Loki
    Del

When Mac walked through the portal in Chaos War, was that a new body? Did his spirit create a new body and suit? Is he still buried somewhere from the collective incident?

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post
    When Mac walked through the portal in Chaos War, was that a new body? Did his spirit create a new body and suit? Is he still buried somewhere from the collective incident?
    That's primarily where this question came from. I thought that since they hadn't mentioned it post (latest) resurrection, that maybe he had ceased being a cyborg at some point prior to that and I had just missed it or somesuch.

~Jason E.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I always read his re-introduction as The Antiguard at the end of Volume 1 as The Master having taken all the cyborg stuff out of him.
    I have no idea why I thought it at the time, or if there's been anything to contradict it since, however.
    I thought this same thing. The Master (imo) stripped Mac down to a cellular level just like what happened to the Master when he was taken in to the alien ship he discovered and then reconstructed him. They also never did explain how Mac got his skin color back in the last couple of pages of 130 either ( and don't try to tell me that he used a tanner/tanning bed because if he had he would now be lobster colored...because he was paler than pale).

DIGGER

Mac's resurrection as a cyborg is my most hated plot point from the whole of Vol.1, worse than the elven fairy twins, worse than normal sized Puck.
    The whole point about that tale was that it was a load of Bull that Courtney used to feed to Heather.
    Even The Antiguard resurrection made more sense given The Master's love of genetic tinkering.

I don't recall any reference of Master removing any cybernetic parts, and not sure why he would as Master fuses biological components with technology as he has done to himself.

In addition it was said the Master convinced Mac's computer mind intellect, once Mac regained his emotions he turned on the Master. Another point is the fact Master even said he didn't modify him, but only found him and talked to him as an equal and was greatly hurt by the betrayal as he thought he found someone who shared his dream.

His handbook entry reads "The Master healed and brainwashed Hudson..." and his biomechanical components are never mentioned again.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    His handbook entry reads "The Master healed and brainwashed Hudson..." and his biomechanical components are never mentioned again.
    Read the Power/abilities section of the same bio as it talks about his cybernetic upgrade and says he still has it.

Also he never brainwashed him, they even state it a few times in #130 that he was never brainwashed. Even in #130 they state his computer like mind thought the Master's plan was logical and thanks to his cybernetic upgrade he listened to the Master's plan more and agreed.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 07-24-2011 at 06:38 PM.