(I could have sworn I posted this link here previously, but then I went looking and no dice. So, at the risk of redundancy...)

Northstar is going to be one of the non-playable characters in the X-Men: Destiny console game.

Nrama: Can you give us an example of a character that people who've only seen the X-Men in other mediums might not know, and why you chose that character?

Heder: Well in our roster we try to represent the characters that everyone knows and loves, and wouldn't be an X-Men game without them, like Wolverine, Gambit, Nightcrawler, Colossus. But we do have some characters in the game that to my knowledge are making their video game debut. Characters like Surge and Northstar, for example haven't gotten a lot of screentime in the past and we're excited to bring them to a game for the first time.

Nrama: So what was it about a character like Northstar for example that made him essential for this game?

Heder: Northstar is interesting, as he represents another evolution of where the series has gone in terms of diversity. [Newsarama Note: Northstar is both openly gay and... CANADIAN] So we wanted to make sure we had him.
I was cautiously hopeful -- Mike Carey's on story duties, after all -- but when I saw Nightcrawler's costume, my sense of optimism went to hide under the bed. I'll wait for the reviews.