Thread: The Art Of...

Default The Art Of...

I had a quiet week with a few extra £'s in my pocket and my LCS is having a 70% clear-out of old trades so I decided to pick up the two of these today:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61sFWUFn75L._SL500&#95.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	29.9 KB 
ID:	1319 The Art Of John Byrne

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	51A3DT0HAPL._SL500_&.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	23.8 KB 
ID:	1318 The Art Of Jim Lee

The former contains AF #12 (as well as Namor #1), while the latter AF #58-60, which while I've got it's always nice to have in trades, albeit softcovers.

#58-60 was an interesting choice, I'd probably have gone with Lee's first arc or the one featuring Wolverine, but I suppose it's a UK licensing issue.

Don't forget the Art of... Marc Silvestri then either, Phil

Specifically, the Wizard edition: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/wiza...ent/1014417945

And the Art of Alex Ross, also by Wizard, has the Earth X covers in them as well.
    Last edited by rplass; 07-15-2011 at 09:14 PM.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

They're completely seperate beasts, I think.
    These are UK licensed reprints in paperback.
    I wouldn't go out of my way to get them in trade unless there was new material, but I managed to get them for about $4 so thought I may as well.

Oh yeah I know, it just triggered my memory of other artist-oriented books.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Re-re-re-re-re(etc..)-reading #12 today, I still absolutely love how battered and bruised Mac's face gets in his battle with Jaxon-Bot.
    I hate seeing comic/tv/film fights where the 'hero' comes off spotless.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Re-re-re-re-re(etc..)-reading #12 today, I still absolutely love how battered and bruised Mac's face gets in his battle with Jaxon-Bot.
    I hate seeing comic/tv/film fights where the 'hero' comes off spotless.
    I wonder if this image inspired the scars Eaglesham is drawing on Mac these days...
    Now Showing "Return from LurkWorld 3:Can I Have A Life Please?"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo View Post
    I wonder if this image inspired the scars Eaglesham is drawing on Mac these days...
    Could be. Either way, he is a bit past the 'gently used' stage at this point. Though I'm guessing most of the team have interesting collections of scars at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    Could be. Either way, he is a bit past the 'gently used' stage at this point. Though I'm guessing most of the team have interesting collections of scars at this point.
    I wonder who has the most? It's likely going to be Eugene. Though after the whole Hand fiasco, I bet Jean-Paul has got a bunch now as well.
    Now Showing "Return from LurkWorld 3:Can I Have A Life Please?"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo View Post
    I wonder who has the most? It's likely going to be Eugene. Though after the whole Hand fiasco, I bet Jean-Paul has got a bunch now as well.
    Maybe not Jean-Paul, come to think of it. One of the students tried to heal him up right after he was killed, but all it did was make a pretty corpse, and it seemed like they stuck him in a bacta tank once all that wrapped. Not sure if that would get rid of his previous scars or not, though.

Yeah, I bet Eugene has the most (and the most interesting stories to go with). Mac probably has the stories that no one believes.

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    I always find it odd that Puck doesn't have a bunch of nasty scars all over him. Then again, maybe he does, but the body hair covers them up.