Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Will there be an Alpha Flight On going series?

ICV2 number are in for AF 1 46,851 at number 20. I guess if the number keep holding up like this they just might make AF an on going title.

I have now increased my standing order for AF to 3 copies per issues: one for me, two for each of my godsons for Christmas presents. Couldn't think of a better gift to get them, and get new readers at the same time!

Nice one, Sypes!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

on if fvl has confirmed the numbering on #5 as a ongoing

Fred Van Lente FVanLente

No confirmation yet, no. You'd think they'd have to await for the right convention to announce such a thing.

Fan Expo or bust! I wasnt going to go but Im thinking maybe I should now

Being an Alpha fan I have grown pessimistic over the years. I hope I know where FVL comments are going, but am not going to break out the party poppers yet
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well, Fred's on two panels:

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/page/view/schedule

FRIDAY, AUGUST 26TH
    MARVEL: FEAR ITSELF - The entire Marvel Universe is gripped with Fear!
    The Serpent and hisWorthy continue their assault on Earth’s Mightiest,
    sending mass panic across the globe – but what other threats can the
    Avengers expect to face? Find out here as the creators behind the comic
    blockbuster event of the year answer your questions and let you in on what
    happens next! Join Matt Fraction (Fear Itself), Stuart Immonen (Fear Itself),
    Fred Van Lente (Alpha Flight), Marvel SVP, Creator & Content Development
    C.B. Cebulski and Marvel Editor In Chief Axel Alonso as they reveal the
    Avengers’ deepest fears! 2:30 PM - ROOM 714

SATURDAY, AUGUST 26TH
    MARVEL: PINT O’ C.B. - This is it, Mighty Marvel fans - the no-holds-barred,
    anything goes, full of surprises panel you wait all year for, and it’s here!
    Marvel SVP, Creator & Content Development, C.B. Cebulski, takes on all
    questions, shocks the audience with jaw-dropping announcements and
    guests, Matt Fraction (Thor), Jonathan Hickman (FF), Jason Aaron
    (Wolverine), Dan Slott (Amazing Spider-Man), & Fred Van Lente (Herc)!
    You better be here, because this is the panel that everyone will be talking
    about! So head on over and grab a pint with C.B.! 5:30 PM - ROOM 714
    Last edited by Phil; 08-25-2011 at 09:25 AM.

I am so hopeful that this becomes an on-going series. This incarnation of the Flight is the first one since Vol. 1 that I would really like to see continue... and I was starting to believe that I would never get to say that.
    Vol. 2 brought in new characters that didn't even come close to measuring up to the original team.
    Vol. 3 was... well, thankfully my medication still works enough to allow me to forget vol. 3.
    And the Omega Flight series was not truly Canadian, no matter how they tried to pass it off as one. It was like bringing C.S.I. to film in Toronto for a couple of episodes, bringing in Paul Gross as an RCMP officer to help out on the case, and calling it a Canadian show.
    This new series is amazing in both plot and visuals... they have breathed new life into this team, and it would be a shame to end it after only 8 issues.
    Please note, this is just my opinion. And I'll be the first to admit that opinions are like strings... every yo-yo has one.
    Thanks.
    The Flight Forever !

Hopeful. But hopes not getting overly high; been down this road too many times before. I'll believe it when i hear it, when i see it, when i hold it in my hands, and when it is too late to say "just kidding!" or "Alpha who?" or "didn't we kill those guys dead yet?". Still 'fondly' remember the ongoing that was downgraded at the last second in Omega flight - if that happens again, it'll be "buh-bye Marvel, you ain't getting my money EVER again!"

At the same time, if it DOES become an ongoing, then full kudos to Greg and Fred and Dale and the rest of the creative team for a job (and a sell) well done!
    Last edited by Flightpath07; 08-15-2011 at 12:11 PM. Reason: cuz i am still royally p'eed off at Marvel, and need to edit my language!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Alphan East View Post
    I am so hopeful that this becomes an on-going series. This incarnation of the Flight is the first one since Vol. 1 that I would really like to see continue... and I was starting to believe that I would never get to say that.
    Vol. 2 brought in new characters that didn't even come close to measuring up to the original team.
    Vol. 3 was... well, thankfully my medication still works enough to allow me to forget vol. 3.
    And the Omega Flight series was not truly Canadian, no matter how they tried to pass it off as one. It was like bringing C.S.I. to film in Toronto for a couple of episodes, bringing in Paul Gross as an RCMP officer to help out on the case, and calling it a Canadian show.
    This new series is amazing in both plot and visuals... they have breathed new life into this team, and it would be a shame to end it after only 8 issues.
    Please note, this is just my opinion. And I'll be the first to admit that opinions are like strings... every yo-yo has one.
    Thanks.
    Nicely put and I agree with everything you said. Now please excuse me while I go and read #3, only got it five minutes ago
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Well, Fred's on two panels:

http://www.fanexpocanada.com/page/view/schedule

FRIDAY, AUGUST 26TH
    MARVEL: FEAR ITSELF - The entire Marvel Universe is gripped with Fear!
    The Serpent and hisWorthy continue their assault on Earth’s Mightiest,
    sending mass panic across the globe – but what other threats can the
    Avengers expect to face? Find out here as the creators behind the comic
    blockbuster event of the year answer your questions and let you in on what
    happens next! Join Matt Fraction (Fear Itself), Stuart Immonen (Fear Itself),
    Fred Van Lente (Alpha Flight), Marvel SVP, Creator & Content Development
    C.B. Cebulski and Marvel Editor In Chief Axel Alonso as they reveal the
    Avengers’ deepest fears! 2:30 PM - ROOM 714

MARVEL: PINT O’ C.B. - This is it, Mighty Marvel fans - the no-holds-barred,
    anything goes, full of surprises panel you wait all year for, and it’s here!
    Marvel SVP, Creator & Content Development, C.B. Cebulski, takes on all
    questions, shocks the audience with jaw-dropping announcements and
    guests, Matt Fraction (Thor), Jonathan Hickman (FF), Jason Aaron
    (Wolverine), Dan Slott (Amazing Spider-Man), & Fred Van Lente (Herc)!
    You better be here, because this is the panel that everyone will be talking
    about! So head on over and grab a pint with C.B.! 5:30 PM - ROOM 714
    August 26th is my birthday. That would be a sweet present.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Well, I got my 0.1 to #3 with two variants, so that's good news.
    Keep your stick on the ice.

Live it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokole View Post
    Well, I got my 0.1 to #3 with two variants, so that's good news.
    Enjoy your read and I hope you find them as good as what I have.
    Del

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

What are you on?
    And where can I get some?

- Le Messor
    "To every rule there is an exception, and vice versa."

Thanks.
    I was sad that Seagle didn't get a chance to really work with the older cast, I really enjoyed that series, and wish I could have seen what he would have been able to do with the older crew.