Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be an Alpha Flight On going series?

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    They should be out by late July, August. It take a while.
    That's not entirely true.
    The sales figures are generally out between 10th-15th of the following month, because the figures are based on the pre-orders for the direct market before the cut off date which is generally a month before the issue even hits the shops.
    This month obviously all the major companies are gearing up for SDCC so there's a slight delay, but the Diamond Rank came out yesterday and ICv2's general month analysis is up, so sales figures should be soon.

O.K. Thanks. I was never sure about how or when the number came out. But is there a difference between diamond and ICV2 numbers? The way it was eplained to me was that Diamond's were numbers of orders of the book, and IVC2 in actual sales of the book.

ICv2's sales numbers are the number of comics ordered by/sold to Direct Market stores from Diamond before the Diamond cut off date.
    So if a store buys 3000 copies of say 'The Stupendous X-Bat #1' and yet the store only sells 50 copies with 2,500 sitting on it's shelf/back issue bins forever it still counts as 3000 sales through Diamond.
    That's why the sales figures don't necessarilly represent how many people are buying the title, especially when over prints, re-orders and adjusted final cut-off dates come into play.
    Because of the non-return policy stores are more likely to under-order than over(hence the importance pre-ordering), but each owner will know their store and have a good idea what sells and how to order, but that's getting off track.

I'm not certain if the Diamond sales are based on just US/Canadian sales still, or if the worldwide sales count these days.

The Diamond index numbers are how titles sell compared to Batman, which is the title used as a Constant.
    Detective Comics Batman, or whichever variation is the closest to it that month with re-titling etc, will always be 100.00 as in 100% as it's the constant.
    Everything else is based how much better or worse it sells than Batman.

Taking AF(4) #1 into example;

Batman #711 came in at 15th place.
    Ultimate Spider-Man #160 came in 1st. It's Diamond index was 300 meaning it sold(or more accurately was bought from Diamond) 200% more than Batman #711.
    AF #1 came in 20th. It's Diamond Index rating was 88.21 meaning it sold 11.79% less than Batman.
    In comparison X-Factor #221 came in at 99th place, selling 53.77% less than Batman.

The Dollar Rank takes into account free copies for retailers (ie: Buy 100 copies of 'Miraculous Y-Woman #1 and we'll give you a 1:500 variant of 'Tangerine Lantern #76' or as swh_comicguy mentioned retailers who ordered 25 copies of #1 got 25 copies free) hence AF #1's Dollar rank being less than the title below it.

I may not be making it any clearer, I know

Actually, you answered all my questions perfectly. Thanks.

I believe so. So what you are saying is that you don't know either, right?

I don't know the numbers yet, as they haven't been released.

But the ICv2 sales numbers are the same as Diamonds sales numbers, if that's what you mean.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I don't know the numbers yet, as they haven't been released.

But the ICv2 sales numbers are the same as Diamonds sales numbers, if that's what you mean.
    Okay, I thought there was a differnce between the two. I thought that diamond was based on orders, and that ICV2 was based on sales of books.

They describe it as:

These estimates are based on ICv2 estimates of comic sales by Diamond North America during May 2011. We are estimating actual sales by Diamond U.S. (primarily to North American comic stores), using Diamond's published sales indexes and publisher sales data to estimate a sales number for Batman (the anchor title Diamond uses in its calculations) and using that number and the indexes to estimate Diamond's sales on the remaining titles. We can check the accuracy of our numbers by comparing the Batman number that we calculate using multiple data points; our numbers for Batmanwithhin 1/10 of 1% of each other, ensuring a high degree of accuracy. They do not include sales made by Diamond UK, orders on these titles placed after the end of or copies purchased by Diamond but held in inventory at the end of May. This information may not be reproduced in any format without also crediting Diamond Comic Distributors, Inc.
    which confirms that my sales mean absolutely nothing. Grr.

Hmmm......

This could be something or absolutely nothing buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut...

The Previews Order form lists AF #5 as #5 rather than #5 (of 8 ) as it has done for the previous issues...

The October solicits should be out any day now, now that SDCC is over.

It seems unlikely that it's been made ongoing without an announcement at SDCC though.
    Last edited by Phil; 07-25-2011 at 09:19 AM.

Well, the actual solicits are out now and still no (of 8 ) attached.

Say... when's Fan Expo?

interesting. all the other mini's still have the x of x behind it, so maybe its not just a oversight. i really expected marvel to relaunch with a new #1. usually marvel loves to launch new #1 issues.

interesting. all the other mini's still have the x of x behind it, so maybe its not just a oversight. i really expected marvel to relaunch with a new #1. usually marvel loves to launch new #1 issues.
    Ooo...I got spine-tinglies! (must be my spider-sense; hm...better make that my sloth-sense)

Doth this be an oversight, or mayeth good news be Midgard bound? Enquiring Asgardian minds (okay, okay! Slothful, lazy, Canadian minds, then! Fine, be that way!) wanna know!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

If the boys writing and drawning think the can drag us along and keep us interested in whatever incarnation of Flighters they roll out then we'll get more.

If they want to dress up Beta Ray Bill again then no of us will care when we don't get a long run. If they want to give the writer's alittle freedom to roll along the lines of the original flight and talk about everything and anything who wouldn't toss down the money.

I noticed most of us here "remember" the original stories or at least the plot lines, it was those times between the hero villain conflict that was so great. Its why all the second comings just never reached the same level. The heart of a team book isn't who well a team fights together but how the manage to stay together in the 1st place with all those egos etc.

Anyone can put a maple leaf on and sing ole Canada but at the end of the day if you don't care what happens when we get home does it matter if Puck is there or not. I mean last week we all geeked out cause Puck was coming back. All I'm saying is without a heart under the leaf Guardian just might as well be an impostor or clone.

Trying to do the math is the world ready for bi-centennial man,yeah 100 years more experienced. I know he'd be 50 years to soon for the actual holiday but then again the play on words/character practically writes itself

Besides when this hopefully gets full run and when the actual bicentennial actually arrives then who looks like a genius
    Last edited by rplass; 07-25-2011 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Removed inappropriate content

and when the actual bicentennial actually arrives then who looks like a genius
    Reed Richards?
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Centurymanstillsucks View Post
    Besides when this hopefully gets full run and when the actual bicentennial actually arrives then who looks like a genius
    Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Reed Richards?
    Doc Brown? He looks kind of like Einstein. (No, not his dog!)

I don't want to read too much into a lack of (of 8 )... but I don't like getting my hopes up. Those of you who do - hope along, Cassidies!

- Le Messor
    "I’d love to, but I’m going down to the bakery to watch the buns rise."