Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Will there be an Alpha Flight On going series?

Hybrid View

Post Will there be an Alpha Flight On going series?

My question is that, since there is a this new mini-series, will it be possible for a new On-going series to come out? And if so, when?

All depends on the sales of the mini, so if the mini sells well then yes there will be an on-going. However, as of yet it's still way to early to say if there will be an on-going or not.

So in the mean time enjoy the mini and buy lots of copies

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    All depends on the sales of the mini, so if the mini sells well then yes there will be an on-going. However, as of yet it's still way to early to say if there will be an on-going or not.

So in the mean time enjoy the mini and buy lots of copies
    and Pre-order them!
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Haha, yeah it is a great mini-series and very awesome, hopefully it will get an on going!

Well so far I don't think so. AF 0.1 was #62 of the top 300 books for may and sold 25,775 books for May 2011. Though the top selling book only sold 96,318.
    Wow comic books selling under the 100,000 mark. Never thought I'd see this day. Back in the 90's selling 96,000 copies would break you into the top 100, not be #1.

The numbers on the first issue sales may wind up being inflated. I've heard mentions from shop owners in other forums that issue #1 was double-shipped/overshipped, and the 0.1 issues in general had low initial orders because there wasn't a lot of interest in them, so it may be that we don't get a more accurate feel for the book's selling potential until the numbers for issue #2 are in.

That's true. I just hope that the series dose well over the 8 part and good enough to give them an on going series. BTW I got the numbers from IVC2.com And what worries me more is the falling numbers all across the board. I also fear that even if AF dose good, because of the way thing are going there may not even be a series.

Are they the figures for June? Just looked and couldn't find.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    No, that's the figure for #0.1 and on the whole it was a good figure compared to the current industry.
    June's figures haven't been released yet, which is odd, but probably to do with everyone in the industry getting ready for San Diego.

EDIT: June's sales index has just been released. Check the news story. Sales should follow soon.
    Last edited by Phil; 07-15-2011 at 06:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    They should be out by late July, August. It take a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha Rider View Post
    They should be out by late July, August. It take a while.
    That's not entirely true.
    The sales figures are generally out between 10th-15th of the following month, because the figures are based on the pre-orders for the direct market before the cut off date which is generally a month before the issue even hits the shops.
    This month obviously all the major companies are gearing up for SDCC so there's a slight delay, but the Diamond Rank came out yesterday and ICv2's general month analysis is up, so sales figures should be soon.

O.K. Thanks. I was never sure about how or when the number came out. But is there a difference between diamond and ICV2 numbers? The way it was eplained to me was that Diamond's were numbers of orders of the book, and IVC2 in actual sales of the book.

i fully believe that if a ongoing comes along it wont be a continuation of this maxi-series (9) it will get its own #1 re-launch.

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    i fully believe that if a ongoing comes along it wont be a continuation of this maxi-series (9) it will get its own #1 re-launch.
    Yeah, it's more likely to take the Agents of Atlas route and take half a year out and then have another maxi or an ongoing.

Oh it will have to be an Alpha Flight version 2.1 something. Bringing in new Flighters and trying to make Century Man cool this time and not just an old grouch...