O
    I
    L
    E
    R

SPACE
    for the preview panels.

Go:-

Very good second issue! Im really liking the pacing and where the story is going. Fred is clearly showing respect for these characters and is using them not just as a Canadian shtick, but as important Marvel characters. Well done.

The art is just incredible. I was a fan of Dale's work since JSA and Im so glad he is doing this book.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

SPACE

Some minor tiffs such as Mac saying he died twice (died only once), a Great Beast bone preventing Snowbird from transforming (perhaps Ranark did a spell on the bone fragment as well), Walter being de-transformed from gamma radiation exposure (is Tanaraq being ignored? I doubt it, but seemed odd), and Talisman's talisman was drawn incorrectly (but it was just an illusion so I will let it slide ). Once again just very minor issues from an excellent book. Love Puck is back, the Great Beast reference from Greg and Fred's Hercules run, Aurora turning sides, etc, etc, etc.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 07-13-2011 at 07:20 PM.

Wonderful issue, loved it.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    great issue !!!some of the characterizations were different than normal (to me)but the jury is still out because its just issue 2!

Great issue but Vindicator thinking of having to do with overthrowing/taking control of the gov't in some way is kinda weird for her character to me ....the jury is still out on that one because we need to know her motivation besides being with her daughter, i just couldn't see heather participating in the sabotage and brainwashing of her teammates unless she was brainwashed somehow ,Dept H has been known to be very shady (vol2) so we'll see. Shaman brainwashed they must of had some great methods because Shaman seems very mentally strong so that was surprising. Marrina on the cover of a Vouge magazine ??? what the hell has been going on since god war lol(or was that brainwashing too?), I like the whole box army of robots thing very Cool, the Hudson protocols where he has ways to stop every alpha very cool too! Northstar seemed well characterized but he said he saw heather blasting mac and followed them?!? did I miss something in issue 1? maybe I did ...if not they should have shown that not left it off panel and I think that was not Ranark from that marvel 2 in 1 team up with alpha I think its some new Raveger they said his name was Neooqtoq? Puck was great he acted weird but if you see how he was living in hell in the Wolverine comic then you'll know why lol, the art was great the best alpha has had in a very long time...to me the issue was great! I brought it at lunch read it and gave it to my co-workers 10 year old son I'm trying to make a new alpha! cant wait a month for the next issue!!!!! I HAVE TO SEE HOW THIS STORY PLAYS OUT!!!!

LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!!!

Quote Originally Posted by weaponAlpha View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    great issue !!!some of the characterizations were different than normal (to me)but the jury is still out because its just issue 2!

Great issue but Vindicator thinking of having to do with overthrowing/taking control of the gov't in some way is kinda weird for her character to me ....the jury is still out on that one because we need to know her motivation besides being with her daughter, i just couldn't see heather participating in the sabotage and brainwashing of her teammates unless she was brainwashed somehow ,Dept H has been known to be very shady (vol2) so we'll see. Shaman brainwashed they must of had some great methods because Shaman seems very mentally strong so that was surprising. Marrina on the cover of a Vouge magazine ??? what the hell has been going on since god war lol(or was that brainwashing too?), I like the whole box army of robots thing very Cool, the Hudson protocols where he has ways to stop every alpha very cool too! Northstar seemed well characterized but he said he saw heather blasting mac and followed them?!? did I miss something in issue 1? maybe I did ...if not they should have shown that not left it off panel and I think that was not Ranark from that marvel 2 in 1 team up with alpha I think its some new Raveger they said his name was Neooqtoq? Puck was great he acted weird but if you see how he was living in hell in the Wolverine comic then you'll know why lol, the art was great the best alpha has had in a very long time...to me the issue was great! I brought it at lunch read it and gave it to my co-workers 10 year old son I'm trying to make a new alpha! cant wait a month for the next issue!!!!! I HAVE TO SEE HOW THIS STORY PLAYS OUT!!!!

LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!!!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

-Marrina thing was an illusion, it didn't happen. Same for Shaman being with Talisman
    -Neooqtoq is a Great Beast that Snowbird took the form of in Incredible Hercules. It was meant as a shout out to a story Greg and Fred did with Snowbird some time ago.
    -I don't think this is really Heather's "doing", looks like she got the same process Aurora is about to get done and got brain washed.
    Last edited by -K-M-; 07-13-2011 at 09:50 PM.

thanks from clearing that up!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

SPACE
    I love how Northstar basically says, "Nobody is faster than me"...

... and he's right! I'm so glad to have writers and artists who can actually write and draw a speedster. Well done! But it's also nice that Freg put in the superlative, and nice the way they had him say it, just perfect.

Not understanding Kyle's last name. I was pretty sure it's "Roy", not "Jinadu", so dunno what's up with that.

And.. Talisman!!! In an VR sweat lodge, yeah, but I'll take it, and she's wearing the classic costume, not the physics-defying Omega Filght thingy (which I still don't understand how it could stay on)

No explanation about how Puck got out of Hell, but we'll see, maybe that's revealed later.

Overall a great issue again!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I really enjoyed this issue, great pacing and it kept me wanting more. Cannot wait for 3!!!

Loved the issue. The plot thickens nicely, Puck's recent history is touched upon, the pacing was great... and Dale's art (with help from Andrew and Sonia) was incredible. His Heather is absolutely gorgeous (I've had a slight crush on Heather for going on 25 years.) Really looking forward to #3.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

The reveal of Aurora's sexual abuse pretty much soured the whole issue for me. Even aside from the fact that last thing the industry needs is more female characters with rape/sexual abuse as the go-to for past angst and trauma, there are two modes most writers default to with Aurora: she's either one of two flavors of crazy (boy or bat****) or she's a victim. I am very disappointed to see Van Lente and Pak going for the latter -- and no, it doesn't matter if this is all about her overcoming her past. With everything that Jeanne-Marie suffered at the hands the Sisters, various AF villains over the years, the Director, and The Children of the Hand, retconning in more victimhood and making it the sexual abuse of a child came off as gratuitous and sleezy.

I've got to hand it to the writers -- after how well the team in general and Northstar in particular have been handled, I didn't think there was anything they could do to make me consider dropping this book full stop, but they've managed to pull it off.
    Last edited by suzene; 07-14-2011 at 04:16 AM.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

I'll probably re-hash some stuff I covered in my review here, but with actual spoilers.

I personally really liked the Great Beast connection to Snowbird being taken down, especially the tie-in with the Sacred Invasion storyline and the foreshadowing of (presumably) Ranark. If we hadn't seen the #4 cover I'd be wracking my brains as to who it'd be.

Heather's line about killing Puck really has me thinking. To me that's the most uncharacteristic thing we've seen so far.
    Everything to get her daughter back could well be her own choice, but that definitely hints to brainwashing or evil clone etc. as Aurora's treatment hints.

I'm loving Puck's reappearance.
    If he came back exactly the same as he always was I'd have be annoyed by the lack of continuity, but this sinister Puck is a nice touch. Especially talking to the bear.

As hinted in my review, I loved the Talisman cameo. It was a really touching moment, espcially with the use of the word 'unity' or at least it would have been had it been real.
    Marrina's desire to be loved and accepted shows there's still the Marrina Smallwood we knew and loved beneath her teen angst exterior/front.

Seeing Kyle was alive pleased me, I really didn't think they'd kill him off in #1.

Great art, great attention to detail, and the Mac splash page was very cool indeed for someone who's never really had that much action in the grand scheme of the title.

I loved the human element and the more realistic take on 'Fear' and the involvement of humanity within a superhero dominated world.

I really like this new /old Alpha Flight!!!

I hope Marvel extends this beyond eight issues!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Obviously I liked it and there is no cause for me to gnash teeth. Everything I expected it to be and more. First thoughts were that the whole business with Aurora and abuse by social worker didn't really tick me off as much as I thought it would. Sounded a bit cheap when I first heard of it and it does come across as a bit of a redundant plot thread, but I shall reserve judgement.

This is purely speculative, but after reading this I , for the moment will work under the premise that Heather isn't really Heather. It's the flimsiest of reasons, but I don't believe even a totally controlled Heather would say what she did while fighting Puck. That amount of vitriol would have to be directly implanted if she was hypnotised or mind contolled, given what they shared in the past. It could well be her body, but any vestige of Heather is well buried. Probably wrong, but ...

Citadel and Purple Woman are really growing on me. Would love to see them stick about when all this is over.

Cody was never as bad as he is at the moment, something or some one must be sitting in his head.

Can't wait for #3
    Last edited by DelBubs; 07-17-2011 at 07:49 AM.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

S
    P
    A
    C
    E

Also, I was quite shocked that Agent Brown was on the 'evil' side.
    I quite liked him in Omega Flight and finally thought the team had found a non-corrupt liason.
    Hopefully he's being mind controlled too, rather than just being a company Yes Man.

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

It's Jerry Jaxon and Heathers really Delphine Courtney, who's personna resides in the suit

I forgot about the Agent Brown issue. I'm with you, he must be being controlled. To much of a character shift.
    Last edited by DelBubs; 07-16-2011 at 03:08 PM. Reason: To add sentence re Agent Brown.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!