Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Article: *SPOILERS* Alpha Flight #2 Lettered Preview Online

Default Alpha Flight #2 Lettered Preview at Comic Book Resources.

There is a lettered preview of #2 at Comic Book Resources. Usual Spoiler warnings apply. There are reveals there.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Yay, less than a week to go!

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

I love the reason given as to how Snowbird got taken down.
    A great touch!

sooo happy its out the 13th, not 27th!

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    sooo happy its out the 13th, not 27th!
    I'd finally gotten around to changing the date to the 27th on our website... yesterday! And now they change it back. I don't get these people, I really don't, LOL!
    I never said I was objective.

this looks great!!!

And I still await my 0.1 and #1, but I will get them.

Looks incredible. The art and story look great, but a few issues................

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

as technically Mac only died for the first time in New Avengers #16, and gamma radiation? are they ignoring Tanaraq with Walter?

I liked the Neooqtoq reference, guess that confirms the real version is dead? Also not sure why that would stop Snowbird from transforming. Ranark must be the creepy ally that gave them the bone.

Didn't he also die in X-Men Unlimited and bought back by Angel (?) Regarding Walter, theoretically it was the gamma radiation that breached the doorway between the Realm of the Beasts and this plain, thus Sasquatch was a creation of Gamma Radiation, though not in the standard sense. Reaching, but...
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I dont think he did, he was close to death, but if Angel's blood could bring people back from the dead they would use it far more then not.

Oh I know Walter wanted to repeat the process that made the Hulk, but thats a pretty big reach. Still I can't complain to much, as its not like Loeb's awful Lupine mess.

Well... there goes my theory that

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

the freckled, frizzy haired red head that zapped Mac at the end of #1 (that wasn't brainwashed, a robot nor alien) was their rapidly aged daughter.
    I honestly thought the freckled, frizzy-haired-woman that didn't technically admit she was heather, was an indication that she and Heather were two different beings, even mother and rapidly aged daughter. I just found it funny that the freckles and frizzy hair coincided with the volatile personality.
    Last edited by Phil; 07-09-2011 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    as technically Mac only died for the first time in New Avengers #16
    Legally he would have been declared dead after Vol.1 #12

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Legally he would have been declared dead after Vol.1 #12
    True, but Mac said he "literally died twice" for the nation. I think he did die in the X-men Annual, as far as medical science was concerned, and Angel's blood brought him back. According to his wiki entry, Angel's healing blood can only be used on people with the same blood type as Warren's, and its effectiveness varies.
    As the result of a secondary mutation which has been shown inconsistently, Archangel also develops a healing factor and can heal others by mixing his blood with theirs, provided they have a matching blood type to Warren's. Although powerful, this mutation varies in potency. At times, he cannot aid the terminally wounded; at others, he can actually raise the recently dead.
    Probably FVL and Pak are going with this explanation when they had Mac say what he did.

Wiki isn't the best source for accurate information.

Did Angel have an entry in the recent handbook? I haven't picked that one up, but I will see if they mentioned anything in the past ones.

EDIT:

The Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #5: Guardian entry
    "...Hudson donned an experimental exo-suit to prevent Jiroult from killing Heather and his unborn child. Hudson was later healed by the" X-Man Archangel and was reunited..." (That entry left it vague)

EDIT 2:

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: X-Men 2005: Angel entry
    "Since his second mutation, Archangel can heal fatal injuries and cure most known diseases at an aceelerated speed by mixing his blood with that of the victims, so long as they have a compatible blood type" (yeah this entry says he can heal fatal injuires not the deceased, unless a recent entry says otherwise I highly doubt he brought Mac from the dead)
    Last edited by -K-M-; 07-09-2011 at 04:59 PM.

I love how Guardian is now more Canada's Captain America and less a scientist in a suit.

I really like

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R
    S

Vindicator as a villan.
    Last edited by Phil; 07-09-2011 at 04:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    The Offical Handbook of the Marvel Universe A-Z #5: Guardian Entry
    "...Hudson donned an experimental exo-suit to prevent Jiroult from killing Heather and his unborn child. Hudson was later healed by the" X-Man Archangel and was reunited..." (That entry left it vague)
    It was the previous line that got my attention: "Restored to life with the help of Shaman's ancestor spirits"
    Not really sure how to take that...