Thread: Alpha Strike Article on CBR - Read it only if you want to be Spoiled

Default Alpha Strike Article on CBR - Read it only if you want to be Spoiled

Panicchia is interviewed and the team is described, including antler boy. Fortunately, the character in the shadows is not spoiled...
    Some nice and interesting new artwork is posted too. Man - Marvel is REALLY behind this relaunch. It's nice to see!

LINK TO ARTICLE (spoiler warning already given but repeated again)
    Last edited by rplass; 06-27-2011 at 09:23 PM. Reason: rplass added a link to the article
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

s

p

o

i

l

e

r

s

well i guess the "unlikely" ally alpha turns to is taskmaster (fvls mini on taskmaster was awesome btw) so we get alpha with guns! fvl/pak/dale are really pushing the creative envelope on this series and i am loving it! at least it will be adressed how citadel/kara go from unity opponents to working for them.

i still say the master is behind the curtain!

btw, i guess that rules out aurora as the shadow figure, she is shown with a gun on the variant cover. hopefully diamond lil!!!!
    Last edited by varo; 06-27-2011 at 08:41 PM.

I still can't believe how much press AF vol. 4 is getting, this is more than vol. 2 and 3 put together! I love it!
    Last edited by maniac mike; 06-27-2011 at 08:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike View Post
    I still can't believe how much press AF vol. 4 is getting, this is more than vol. 2 and 3 put together! I love it!
    As much press as when it first started with Byrne doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    btw, i guess that rules out aurora as the shadow figure, she is shown with a gun on the variant cover. hopefully diamond lil!!!!
    She's fast enough to be on two teams at once....

Quote Originally Posted by maniac mike View Post
    It does make the paranoid in me worry that they're putting so much effort into promoting #4 when #1 has only just come out, which could pessimistically indicate that #1 sales aren't high...

The optimist in me thinks that maybe Marvel are so impressed with it that they think it worthy of all the attention. The pessimist in me thinks that if AF done as well as this and with all the publicity still can't cut the mustard then it will never make the grade.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    The optimist in me thinks that maybe Marvel are so impressed with it that they think it worthy of all the attention. The pessimist in me thinks that if AF done as well as this and with all the publicity still can't cut the mustard then it will never make the grade.
    Unfortunately I have to agree 100%.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Default this alpha has a chance!

well Dale Eaglesham is an artist that I think marvel is trying to promote, I believe he signed an exclusive and he came off doing some great books and was very popular at at DC(relaunching JSA)and in everything I've read he's always been a big alpha fan(is he Canadian?) so this might be their best chance to promote this book. His art looks very clean and he seems to have the classic Byrne looks down pat costume wise Marrina excluded , so lets see what happens! I'm sure that marvel will make money off this, besides isn't 8 issues (9 if they include 0.1 )perfect for a 24.95 -29.95 hardcover/trade) stories have never had a second life like they do today with everything in trade! ...I got a good feeling about this series!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by weaponAlpha View Post
    well Dale Eaglesham ... (is he Canadian?)...
    Only by marriage.

Alpha Strike strikes me as a bit "EXTREME!!!" (Insert 90's Kid footage here).
    With that and the looks of the DC relaunch, I'm starting to think that comics have gone back to the 90s... a period I'd thought all comics readers were trying to forget.

- Le Messor
    "And my character is called Bloodgun and he has a gun that shoots other guns!!!"
    ~ 90s Kid

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Only by marriage.

- Le Messor
    "And my character is called Bloodgun and he has a gun that shoots other guns!!!"
    ~ 90s Kid
    Hi Le Messor!

Not sure where you got that info, but Dale is 100% Canadian! We were both born in Quebec and have lived there most of our lives. We moved to Ontario in 2004 (but we're just over an hour away from Montreal).

Cheers,

Wolfie
    I never said I was objective.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Hi Le Messor!
    Not sure where you got that info,
    Sheer confusion!
    My usual mind of state.