Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article: First Look At Alpha Flight #2 *Spoilers* (UPDATED)

Quote Originally Posted by Garry/Al-Fan View Post
    As you can probably tell, I'm not a completist and don't have Dark X-Men: The Beginning # 3. My main point, though, is Northstar's okay, but Aurora's just a crazy loon...that's not going to work very well. Sorry.
    Works for me. Aurora's struggling not just with keeping her DID under control, but with the potential of having her only family -- no matter how well-intentioned -- infantalizing her and casting doubt on her ability to cope with living the life that has always offered her more freedom than any other. And the worst part is, he might be right. It may not be a punch-up, but I always have enjoyed that tension between the twins.

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    GAH!
    Release date put back from 13th July to 27th
    I'm impatient

I do love that slightly maniacal Puckster! Cannot wait for some interaction with him and the big shaggy carpet!
    Whaaat?! I didn't even know that! I don't know why they keep changing the release dates... We're exactly on schedule as far as I know on our end. Maybe it has to do with the Fear Itself event, i.e. that we can't reveal something in AF before something else comes out...
    I never said I was objective.

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

Default Strong book made weak

Alpha Flight volume 4, number 1 is the best that MARVEL can do.
    Last edited by Garry/Al-Fan; 06-20-2011 at 02:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Whaaat?! I didn't even know that! I don't know why they keep changing the release dates... We're exactly on schedule as far as I know on our end. Maybe it has to do with the Fear Itself event, i.e. that we can't reveal something in AF before something else comes out...
    It might be a mistake, just seems unlikely if they're including it in the press release.

Oh, and I just asked Dale about the little tile panel, and he says it was just a design element, a visual continuation of the panel to the right. It's the kind of art deco thing he likes to put in once in a while.

And btw, it's pretty rare that you'll find something in his art that's accidental -- there's almost always a reason for everything.

Wolfie

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Oh, and I just asked Dale about the little tile panel, and he says it was just a design element, a visual continuation of the panel to the right. It's the kind of art deco thing he likes to put in once in a while.

And btw, it's pretty rare that you'll find something in his art that's accidental -- there's almost always a reason for everything.

Wolfie
    I had money on it being subliminal messaging Art decor works though and it fits the page nicely.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Ah, so no chance of a commission piece of the Roof Tile? It's my new favorite Alpha Flight member! Or, Alpha Flight villain, not sure which one yet... I just know it's my favorite!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Ah, so no chance of a commission piece of the Roof Tile? It's my new favorite Alpha Flight member! Or, Alpha Flight villain, not sure which one yet... I just know it's my favorite!
    ROFLMAO!! And I just laughed out loud when I saw DelBub's new avatar -- you guys rock!
    I never said I was objective.

P.S. This is how great inside jokes get started. When Dale was on Green Lantern way-back-when, he drew a character in a crowd scene that for some reason people latched on to. It was a rather rotund young man, dancing... He became known as The Blissful Dancing Fat Kid, and Dale started putting him in backgrounds whenever he could. I seem to remember he even drew an alien version of him when he was at CrossGen working on Sigil.

I believe John Byrne does something similar with a bald bearded gent in his comics. Over here we have 'Viz' comic where the artists on various strips try to sneak in a depiction of a sports pundit called 'Jimmy Hill'. Readers get a monetary reward if they spot him.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Well, the whole idea would be great if Dale started including "Rocksie" in more scenes, as I'm sure this character (whether hero or villain) would catch on - but there really is no point, as Marvel editrorial has made it clear that the majority of mutants have been depowered...
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

My understanding is that 'Rocksie' was just a normal group of tiles until he was zapped by gamma radiation from a wayward blast during a fight between 'Radioactive Man' and Thor. Ergo not a normal mutant, but...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rocksie..jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	25.2 KB 
ID:	1262
    Last edited by DelBubs; 06-19-2011 at 02:39 PM. Reason: To present proof.
    Del

Are we gonna haveta split this thread & take it to the fanfic forum?

I'll stop now
    Del

Well if #2 has been pushed out by another two weeks, we have more time to fawn over preview material, so it's no wonder we're beating this one to death until something substantial takes over. By the way, at the signing, Mark Paniccia mentioned to me that some more preview material is coming our way. No details. He said he loves it how we see a panel or an unlettered page taken out of context and speculate/devour it!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com