Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Article: First Look At Alpha Flight #2 *Spoilers* (UPDATED)

GAH!
    Release date put back from 13th July to 27th
    I'm impatient

I do love that slightly maniacal Puckster! Cannot wait for some interaction with him and the big shaggy carpet!

I have a sudden urge to re-dialogue that last page into something very stupid

I haven't read of Pucks time in hell, what is this shiny soul cutter he talks off. Just curious as Alpha have a couple of mystical swords associated with them and Witchfire went up against Magik recently...

Thanks. Now I have a better understanding. As long as Puck sticks around, that's all that really matters.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

It looks as Dale Eaglesham lost control of his panel layouts on the preview page with Puck. I can tell he's trying to build a dramatic moment by zooming in on Puck with large panels that increase in size toward the bottom left so as to show NS and Mac's reaction at the lower right. Ok fine, it works, but what's with that little square panel of cracked roof tiles all by itself? My eye wants the third Puck panel to extend just a little more to the left so as to have symmetrical border with its right side, and be connected to the little square panel. We know he doesn't use hi-tech digital tools otherwise I'd accuse him of being too lazy to deselect the rectangle tool.

I'll still buy the issue even though it has that little panel of cracked roof tiles, of course
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

I like the way the 4th panel is central. It makes the talk of hell and cutting souls more dramatic.
    I hadn't even noticed the extra panel till you pointed it out, to be fair.

That small panel seems superfluous and there seems no reason for it. Maybe it is just there for filler as it could diminish the impact of the central panel if incorporated into that. Maybe that small panel has some significance, but I can't see what.
    Last edited by DelBubs; 06-18-2011 at 11:44 AM. Reason: Should proof read :-(
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

What is happening on the first page of the previews? It appears that Guardian is exiting the side of a building and heading towards another (Parliament?) and then the next panel shows Vindicator towing an unconcsious Guardian to the same building. Is it to suggest that there is someone else now impersonating Guardian (in another Guardian suit) while he is imprisoned? Or am I just dense and not following the panels?
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

I took that as Guardian was already unconcious and Heather is taking him out of the building by controlling his suit cybernetically (or something) like that.)
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    That small panel seems superfluous and there seems no reason for it. Maybe it is just there for filler as it could diminish the impact of the central panel if incorporated into that. Maybe that small panel has some significance, but I can't see what.
    Maybe it's one of the Great Beasts, cleverly disguised. Maybe a new one we haven't seen yet?
    Name:  extrapanel..jpg
Views: 247
Size:  2.2 KB
    Qigooq the Crusher!

It seem so cute, though. It could be a demon pet that followed Puck out of Hell into our world.
    Squiggles the Demon Pet

On the other hand it seems to radiate immense power, as if it were a mystical object from long ago.
    The Ancient Roof Tile of Agamotto

Wild guesses, of course. I do agree that it has some significance, but I think it's far more important than you suspect. The entire Alpha Flight series could hinge on its very existence!!!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

The Old Fan Alpha Flight

As you can probably tell, I'm not a completist and don't have Dark X-Men: The Beginning # 3. My main point, though, is Northstar's okay, but Aurora's just a crazy loon...that's not going to work very well. Sorry.
    Once upon a time, they exploded from the pages of The X-Men. For a moment, they were "Canada's answer to The Avengers."

They were ALPHA FLIGHT....

...once upon a time.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Maybe it's one of the Great Beasts, cleverly disguised. Maybe a new one we haven't seen yet?
    Qigooq the Crusher!

It seem so cute, though. It could be a demon pet that followed Puck out of Hell into our world.
    Squiggles the Demon Pet

On the other hand it seems to radiate immense power, as if it were a mystical object from long ago.
    The Ancient Roof Tile of Agamotto

Wild guesses, of course. I do agree that it has some significance, but I think it's far more important than you suspect. The entire Alpha Flight series could hinge on its very existence!!!
    Is there a specific roof tile that is native to Canada? If so it could be Snowbird in disguise.
    Del

I think it's a visual metaphor meaning: Puck's cracked up. Either that, or Dale has a roofing business on the side and he's slipping subconscious advertising into his artwork.

They said that there would be other guests from the Marvel Universe in this series. Clearly it is an appearance by

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

P

A

C

E

the Thing. I can't believe everyone missed this.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!