Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Volume 4 #1 Thread (Contains Spoilers)

YAY! I finally made it into the ranks of Alpha Flight!

DIGGER

Congrats Digger, just in time to be betrayed by one you believe could never do such a thing
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DIGGER View Post
    YAY! I finally made it into the ranks of Alpha Flight!

DIGGER
    Bastard! Though I had alot of probloms with my computer last year, and this year as well. Not totally working the way I want it to.

Loved this issue, a lot of the old series (John Byrne-i-ness) is there, but with some fresh twists thrown in...The ending was messed up.

Dana
    ALPHA FLIGHT IS RESURRECTED, LONG LIVE ALPHA FLIGHT!

Hi all!

Just wanted to let you know that we're doing something fun on Dale's Facebook page. People are posting playful pics of themselves reading/reacting to AF #1. On Monday I'll write to the Marvel peeps to tell them to check it out. I wonder if they might be interested in publishing some in an upcoming issue? Anyway, thought I'd invite you all to take part! Check out the ones that have already been posted, they're awesome!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dale-E...22408004483679

Wolfie
    I never said I was objective.

"How do you know that my dimwitted inexperience isnt merely a subtle form of manipulation used to lower peoples expectations, enhancing my ability to effectively maneuver within any given situation."

Ahaha!

So my girlfriend was in town this past week, and wanted to read the new Alpha Flight (being that she was out-of-state and away from her comic shop for a bit). Gets to the fight scene...

"Hey, when did Shaman become a total hottie?"

Kudos to the art team, I suppose.

Well, I picked my #1 up today (probably the last person in this forum to do so as I'm all the way in Oz)... and it was the first title off the pull list that I read.

Pleased as punch - and very surprised that they dedicated quite a few pages at the end to sketches by Dale Eaglesham.

Long Live Alpha - and here's hoping for #9 and beyond!!

PS: Did anyone pick up the variant? My LCS didn't have any variants - perhaps they **** later?

Quote Originally Posted by sengsterooney View Post
    PS: Did anyone pick up the variant? My LCS didn't have any variants - perhaps they **** later?
    My LCS had it here in Manila, unfortunately they were selling it at 5x the price of the regular book. I couldn't afford it.

grumblegrumblegrumble
    Now Showing "Return from LurkWorld 3:Can I Have A Life Please?"

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    "Hey, when did Shaman become a total hottie?"

Kudos to the art team, I suppose.
    Actually, I noticed this as well, on my fifth reread. I was expecting Jean-Paul to be attractive, but I think Eaglesham's Michael is even more attractive. Even in the sketchbook he looks sexier.

Oh, and Narya kinda reminds me of Ororo. Maybe its the "goddess hair".

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Hi all!

Just wanted to let you know that we're doing something fun on Dale's Facebook page. People are posting playful pics of themselves reading/reacting to AF #1. On Monday I'll write to the Marvel peeps to tell them to check it out. I wonder if they might be interested in publishing some in an upcoming issue? Anyway, thought I'd invite you all to take part! Check out the ones that have already been posted, they're awesome!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dale-E...22408004483679

Wolfie
    Done and done! If there is a chance, no matter how small, of my picture getting in an issue of Alpha Flight, then I'm all over it.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo View Post
    Actually, I noticed this as well, on my fifth reread. I was expecting Jean-Paul to be attractive, but I think Eaglesham's Michael is even more attractive. Even in the sketchbook he looks sexier.
    More like different kinds of attractive, I think - Northstar has the severe, aloof, cheekbones-that-can-cut-glass look going, while Shaman's look is definitely warmer and darker, and all of that lovely flowing hair does not hurt in the least.

If this is an attempt to help build up the female readership, it's definitely getting a thumbs up from this corner.

It is surprising how just losing the headband helps.

In regards to the Stevie Hunter question (From FVL at Twitter)
    RT ------------- what's northstar's boyfriend's last name? is his sister stevie hunter?
    Oh, so THAT'S why people keep asking. No, sorry.

Also
    Any plans for Talisman? She's a personal favorite.

Fred Van Lente FVanLente

Yes.
    7 hours ago
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!