Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: The Volume 4 #1 Thread (Contains Spoilers)

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    OK, seriously, did Pak and Van Lente just make Kyle Stevie Hunter's brother? That's...kind of awesome and I want to hug both of them for remembering that she exists.
    Really?
    Hmm, I didn't work that out.
    Part of me hopes they didn't.

Man Vancouver got a double trashing in one day. First by Nanook or what ever his name was, and then by last night Cup riots after loosing to Boston.

People need to understand that Northstar hates being a government pawn, because he hates over-powerful authority or being told what to do. He DOESN'T Hate being on the team because he'd rather "Be gay". I think that is what some reviewers are misunderstanding. He IS a Super Hero who just happens to be homosexual. That plays nothing into his apprehension. I though the writers made that clear with the fact the Kyle has pushed him to save the day in both issues. (Another reason I like Kyle, he asks more of Northstar than Northstar asks of himself)

Picked this up today. Loved it. Big reveal at the end would not have been that much of a shock (read the Marvel spoiler ) if I had looked at the sketches Dale Eaglesham had done for #2 properly. Nothing concrete, but enough to suggest.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Awesome issue!

This is the Alpha Flight I have been waiting decades for!

Guardian acting like a hero.

Sasquatch and Aurora flirting.

Snowbird with a personality!

And Marrina...LOVE her new personality!!!

I think Heather made a deal with Code in tring to get her kid back. I have one question: is this an on going series or a limited one? I was under the impression that it was on going.

It's an eight part maxi series which may stretch into something else depending on how well it does.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Loved this book! Looks like it's going to be a really fun 8 issues!

Only complaint:
    The inevitable, misplaced "EH?". Took me right out of the story.

Quote Originally Posted by Canucklehead View Post

Only complaint:
    The inevitable, misplaced "EH?". Took me right out of the story.
    I read through so fast due to excitement....did they spell Canada with an extra one?
    Loved the presentation. Felt like a kid again reading my favorite comic. Kudos to all!=D>=D>=D>=D> (I'd write it in en francais but grade 12 french was a long time ago!)
    Gonna go read it again now.

"Le Createur de 'oles"

OK, seriously, did Pak and Van Lente just make Kyle Stevie Hunter's brother? That's...kind of awesome and I want to hug both of them for remembering that she exists..
    Kyle's last name is Roy, so unless he's a "brother from another mother", he ain't Stevie Hunter's brother!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

What was the second dinosaur Snowbird transformed into?

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Kyle's last name is Roy, so unless he's a "brother from another mother", he ain't Stevie Hunter's brother!
    Or unless Stevie married at some point and kept the last name. But yeah, already got the nix on the surname from Van Lente. Where'd you get the info on Kyle?

Or unless Stevie married at some point and kept the last name.
    She wasn't married in her 1st appearance and Hunter is her unmarried name. Coincidentally, her 1st appearance was in Uncanny X-Men #139, which is a major Alpha Flight issue.

But yeah, already got the nix on the surname from Van Lente. Where'd you get the info on Kyle?
    Scroll to the bottom of this post and you'll find out! Or the top, really.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by -K-M- View Post
    What was the second dinosaur Snowbird transformed into?
    I'll have to check with my 8 year old but my guess is it is the OGOPOGO (not really a dinosaur and not really proven to exist... but then again the only Sasquatch that I know of to be real is Walt)

DIGGER