Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Article: September 2011 Solicits **BIG SPOILER FOR #1** *UPDATED*

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Dale's Variants get better & better!

I'm loving that Alpha Strike team.
    And I called at least part of it.

I wonder who the unusual allies are?!
    If you like this variant, you'll like the "real" version a whole lot more. The traitor is blocked out here, but with the full head on there, the cover is STUNNING. If I may say so very objectively.
    I never said I was objective.

I can't wait to see it!

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    pak and van lente did NOT play it straight with us........they told us the traitor was

S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

SPACE

a HE. liars!!!!

A lot of folks still use 'he' as a gender-neutral pronoun, so I didn't really think that was an indication of the actual sex/gender of the traitor, especially considering that AF has/has had a significant number of female members. It just didn't make sense that they'd narrow the possible options down that far.

But I meant playing it straight in that the traitor actually is a long-time member of Alpha Flight with a lot of history with and emotional ties to the team, and not someone who was with the team for twenty seconds back in the 90's. There doesn't appear to be a cop-out here, no bait-and-switch. The Flight is a family*, one of their own has stabbed them in the back, and whatever issues I may have with the choice of character for that role, I appreciate that the writers didn't pull that particular punch. This is is going to hurt.

*Of course, when I think of AF in terms of family, I'm thinking more in terms of the kind of family from this quote from Homicide: Life on the Street

Tim: Those guys are like a family. I have never, ever felt that in Homicide. We may be the best, the elite, but we are not a family.
    Frank: Yes, we are. But we're like a real family. Opinionated, argumentative, holding grudges, challenging each other. We push each other to be better than we are. That kind of thing doesn't happen at barbecues or ball games.
    Last edited by suzene; 06-14-2011 at 04:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    If you like this variant, you'll like the "real" version a whole lot more. The traitor is blocked out here, but with the full head on there, the cover is STUNNING. If I may say so very objectively.
    Well, I guess AF.net will have to try and get the first publication of that full cover after #1 has been out for a bit

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Thing that really bothers me, is that the traitor didn't even have to named in that solicit. Could have just said "the traitorous Alphan makes a team of his/her own." And Marvel was doing so good regarding this release too.

Ah well, I won't dwell on it, the real story will be in why it was this person and how it came to this.

And in less than 24 hours, it wouldn't have been a big deal for many of us. Balls.

If that is indeed Ranark, Purple Woman must have gotten a serious boost in power or Ranark must be depowered.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVeO View Post
    Thing that really bothers me, is that the traitor didn't even have to named in that solicit. Could have just said "the traitorous Alphan makes a team of his/her own." And Marvel was doing so good regarding this release too.

Ah well, I won't dwell on it, the real story will be in why it was this person and how it came to this.
    Excellent post, DaVeO. Exactly what I was thinking. If we had a post of the week award, you'd get it.

Yeah Marvel, don't sabotage this series with solicits like this!
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

(spoiler-y speculation to be revealed when you highlight...)

Wait, if her head is the one in the foreground, that means there is another long haired female on the team that hasn't been revealed, one with long hair. Correlating this with a certain Guardian and Snowbird smackup scene in one of the interviews, then I'm betting that Aurora will be in Alpha Strike as well!

Now Showing "Return from LurkWorld 3:Can I Have A Life Please?"

Quote Originally Posted by bigbloo View Post
    S
    P
    O
    I
    L
    E
    R

(spoiler-y speculation to be revealed when you highlight...)

Wait, if her head is the one in the foreground, that means there is another long haired female on the team that hasn't been revealed, one with long hair. Correlating this with a certain Guardian and Snowbird smackup scene in one of the interviews, then I'm betting that Aurora will be in Alpha Strike as well!

My first thought was that it was:

Talisman, but you could well be right with that.

Alpha Flight Classic Vol.2 is in stores now!

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Alpha Flight Classic Vol.2 is in stores now!
    Phil, Mik will never find this information buried way over here!
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Flightpath07 View Post
    Phil, Mik will never find this information buried way over here!
    Sad that that's true.

Ah, I thought so... this is a thread from June, when I was travelling! That's how I missed it.
    That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

- Le Messor
    "If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married."
    ~ Deuteronomy 24:5

"If a man has recently married, he must not be sent to war or have any other duty laid on him. For one year he is to be free to stay at home and bring happiness to the wife he has married."
    ~ Deuteronomy 24:5
    After that, he should leave home as much as possible; by then, it is this that will bring his wife happiness.

NOT that i am trying to add to the Bible.
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/