Thread: Do The Trunks Make the Hero?

Default Do The Trunks Make the Hero?

Clark Kent ditches the Lingerie.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Hmmm, will be interesting to see. This new DC thing has me coming back to comics, but I wonder if it will be the last straw for some people to send them out of the comic world?

Of that article I will say the Superboy story sounds the most compelling. Teenage-rebels just don't interest me and I hate superman as a character (Yeah, I said it) but the experiment-gone-wrong Superboy might be an interesting story.

Superman had gone through so many changes (mostley since the 90's) If this was another guy it would be "yeah it looks interesting" But because this is Superman he sould stay true to form because he has reached iconic status. Every time they try to modernize Sups (or any other icon) they alaway go back to there original form. Why even both? Is it just to raise sales? Most likely. I got tired of these stupid gimicks back in the day, and it just sickens me to see how they just change a costume and it becomes "news worthy".

Here is a good look at all of the new DC titles

http://io9.com/5811314/what-you-need...omics-relaunch

So far the interesting books look to be:

Batwing - An African Batman dealing with all the issues of Africa? This is liek the Black Hawk Down of superheros!

Green Arrow - Maybe without all the baggage of the Black Cannery divorce it can be interesting again.

Justice League International - I'm a sucker for Booster Gold, and putting a green lantern that isn't John Stewart in the mix always helps!

StormWatch - I never read the Vertigo line, but I want to see how DC handles these heroes especially the very openly gay ones. Might be a sort of "Adult" Justice League. I'm a fan of the idea and I'll give it a try.

GreenLantern - This makes me nervous. A new green lantern? And PLEASE say the corps are still around. If Arisa, Sornik Natu and Ganthet disappear so help me DC will have me at their door.

Legion Lost - Also a bit of a sucker for the Legion of Super Heros. Also a fan of "stuck in the past from the future" stories.

Green Lantern Corps - YES! Ok, I feel better I even see Sornik Natu and Arisa on the cover. I wonder if Ganthet will be a guardian again or a Green Lantern still. I THINK is see Ganthet squezzed between Guy and John on the cover right above Arisa.

Legion of Super-Heroes - Yeah, I'm a sucker.

Green Lantern: The New Guardians - Probably the least exciting looking Green Lantern book. But you know I'll read it just because GL is in the title.

Ones I prob won't read but blew my mind:

Batman and Robin - Robin is going to be Batman's son?! I mean I guess that kills with whole weird pedophile vibe but that is a bold choice

Resurrection Man - What a weird concept, has this guy been around before or is he brand new?

Suicide Squad - I tried to get into it a few years ago and couldn't, I won't read it but I just put it here because the cover is SALACIOUS

SuperBoy - I might pick up the first issue, but with all the others I'm interested in

I, Vampire - Oh look DC jumped on the twilight train. LAME

Attachment 1320 Well, why have a cape at all? NYPost
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

I'm down for the first issue of Batwing for Ben Oliver's art and Stormwatch 'cos I'm interested to see how that reads.
    Other than that.... no interest.

I wasn't reading a lot of DC before, just picking up the occasional book from a couple of people I wanted to support. Save for Unwritten and Sweet Tooth over at Vertigo, this reboot has brought that total down to nil - the one fellow they're still employing who's work I'd buy out of loyalty got assigned to a comic I despise, that they're breaking up Clark and Lois AND paring down Clark's humanity makes me think that they've been hoarding the good drugs for themselves, and I just think that most of their decisions seem badly thought out. Giving this one a pass.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by SmurfInABlender View Post
    Batman and Robin - Robin is going to be Batman's son?!
    Resurrection Man - What a weird concept, has this guy been around before or is he brand new?
    Both these ideas have been around for a while. Resurrection Man had his own series in the past, and Damian's been a Robin for a couple of years.

I've really been enjoying roughly two mainstream superhero titles; Batgirl and Superboy. The relaunch has killed both. Good thing there's a new Alpha Flight.
    I doubt I'll pick up any of the new DC titles, but I've been hearing great things about their all-ages line.

- Le Messor
    "In God we trust - all others require a phase review."

The last actual DC comic I collected was 'New Teen Titans' years ago, but looking through the October solicits Penguin : Pain and Prejudice, a four part mini caught my eye. So I may actually take the plunge.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    I've really been enjoying roughly two mainstream superhero titles; Batgirl and Superboy. The relaunch has killed both.
    Add Secret Six, and this would be the most common reason I've been seeing for people swearing off the relaunch -- not only are people losing books they like, but most of them aren't even getting a proper wrap. I feel like I should be pushing some of my favorite non-Marvel/DC titles before people start getting used to saving money.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by suzene View Post
    ... before people start getting used to saving money.
    Never!!!
    Buffy?
    ... Season 9's starting soon.
    Not-quite-Marvel: Dark Tower and The Stand.

I'm out.
    I, uh, don't read much indie. No real reason for it, it just doesn't happen.

- Le Messor
    "The difference between art and craft is that a craftsman knows what he is doing."