Thread: Article: AF #0.1 Sales Rank/Figures *UPDATED*

I know my local comic shop ordered 30 copies and sold out first day. That isnt including pre orders. They were scrambling to get more as they still had people asking for copies. There is quite the buzz around this series there.

So the actual numbers would be somewhere around 26K? That's not too bad, all things considered, especially if it's followed up with re-orders. Makes me hopeful that #1 will do even better.

I wish I knew how many my LCS actually got in; I went in early afternoon on the day of release and there was only one left on the shelf, but that might not mean much if they only ordered, say, three for the shelf and the rest were pre-orders.

Not entirely sure on numbers yet.
    Should be soon though.

The Diamond rank/index is all based on how copies are ordered in relation to 'Batman' which is used as the constant (Having flashbacks of Lost now).

Damn good guessing/deduction Suzene!

i'm curious how well herc sells on a monthly basis. i know the incredible hercules did very well, but not sure what would justify a continued series vs cancellation. (never mind, my lazt butt clicked the link)

for instance, this issue beat out avengers academy, x-factor, daken, heroes for hire, and generation hope. i know thats like saying "at least we're not in last" i know, as stated above, past incarnations have started off well, and i'm sure this time fvl/pak/dale will readers around.
    Last edited by varo; 06-14-2011 at 02:40 PM.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=32807

0.1 Alpha Flight has an estimated sales of 25,775 issues

Herc #2 in the same month placed #103 and sold an estimated 17,385

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    Damn good guessing/deduction Suzene!
    Mostly memory...the sales charts over at The Beat usually have the books ranking in the high 60's within a few hundred units of each other in the 25-26K range.