Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Article: The Volume 4 Interviews: Fred Van Lente & Greg Pak

Default Article: The Volume 4 Interviews: Fred Van Lente & Greg Pak

Very good interview. The Marvel Two in One hint was cryptic, I've got it narrowed down to half the Marvel Universes villians (#96) The Champion or that dodgy Native American fella 'Ranark'. Non the wiser As an aside, Paul Neary drew the only Alpha Marvel Team Up appearence I'm aware of. If there's any justice, Alpha should get an ongoing with these two gents at the reins.

was having some issues with the cover for #4 showing up here about a third of the way down. If anyone can't see it, please PM me...

Ooooh... am gonna haveta re-read the 2-in-1 appearances tonight!

Yay for the #4 cover confirming Puck's place with the team.... and oooh at the traitor! Is it Guardian, Vindicator or Marrina? Or someone else...?

i knew this team was in good hands once they announced the creative team, alphas history is not being ignored and just pushed aside. i have 100% faith in these guys to give us the best alpha stories we've seen in a while!

btw, anyone that references alpha's two in one appearance (as obscure as it was) gets major kudos from me! whats next? alpha's rom appearance?

Brilliant interview Ben! And the preview art...! Holy crap is it great! Check out this pic at Eaglesham's site. The team looks to be in good hands with these gents, if they can break away from spooning long enough to finish it, that is. I had my doubts before about the chances of an AF ongoing, but every time I see or read something new from the creative team, the more I know an ongoing is going to happen.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    The Marvel Two in One hint was cryptic, I've got it narrowed down to half the Marvel Universes villians (#96) The Champion or that dodgy Native American fella 'Ranark'.
    Oh, Two-In-One... I'd confused it with Team-Up and was tying it to Marrina's Plodex origins.

Look at #4 in this interview.
    Now pull out your copy of v.1 #26.
    Now look at #4.
    Now look at #26.

Notice the homage?

- Le Messor
    "Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour."
    ~ Truman Capote

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Oh, Two-In-One... I'd confused it with Team-Up and was tying it to Marrina's Plodex origins.

Look at #4 in this interview.
    Now pull out your copy of v.1 #26.
    Now look at #4.
    Now look at #26.

Notice the homage?

- Le Messor
    "Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavour."
    ~ Truman Capote
    Nice pick up Mic. Not sure if the homage is meant to be suggestive or a red herring, but the more I see of what they may have planned, the more I wish one month was compressed into a week. At least for the next eight months.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Lion-O's 2nd Cousin Alpha Flight

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by varo View Post
    i knew this team was in good hands once they announced the creative team, alphas history is not being ignored and just pushed aside. i have 100% faith in these guys to give us the best alpha stories we've seen in a while!

btw, anyone that references alpha's two in one appearance (as obscure as it was) gets major kudos from me! whats next? alpha's rom appearance?
    Their Crystar appearance.

Thanks for another superb interview, these two are so much fun to listen to. I recent had to massively cut my monthly comics selection but AF is one of three to stay. Still can't wait.
    The world is NOT getting more Alpha Flight! Tweet me you twits! @DaVeO52

Bar none, one of the best interview with comic creators I've read. Your questions touched on so many aspects of the new series that have us slavering, and I loved reading the banter between FVL and GP. Great work, Ben -- and thanks to the guys for being so candid in this interview!

I put up a link to this interview on CBR as well as one to the Puck pic on Eaglesham's site.

On the cover to issue #4 I love how the only part of Aurora you can see in the wreckage is her boobs.

Oh, and great interview!

I cant see the cover for issue #4, just get the dreaded red x.

thanks for all the positive feedback everyone. It was a great interview to conduct.

Now, as for the image problem, it seems to have been an issue with the image incoding in combination with Internet Explorer. It should be fine now.

Now, if you like that cover, you will also love the variant cover for #3 by Dale Eaglesham! Oh, you haven't seen that yet? I guess you'll have to tune into the NEXT interview with Senior Editor Mark Paniccia!
    Last edited by Ben; 06-08-2011 at 02:02 PM.

Wonderful interview, Ben! An appearance by past Alpha characters in nearly every issue? Awesome! The cover to #4 is fantastic! Really great artwork bits from Dale Eaglesham in the interview too, Ben! Thank you Greg and Fred for doing the interview.

I'm so happy right now.

Dana