Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I met Dale Eaglesham today...

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Hello Wolfie and thanks so much for dropping by. Could you tell us some more about the charity you are supporting? What is the good cause... and how can fans who weren't able to attend the event participate?

By participate I mean "buy a sketch"

Love,
    rplass
    Hi rplass!

The charity we support is a local animal refuge. They're best known for their work rescuing abused, neglected or abandoned horses (they have 75), but they also have over 300 other animals. They get no government funding, so they rely on folks like us to help out. It costs about $1200 per year per horse, so you can do the math and soon realize they can't survive on one salary (it's run by a family, and only the father works, as a mechanic in Ottawa). It's an incredible place, and they really need help.

For the participation (i.e. sketch), it's like I said to Digger: it was really just meant to be a local event. We're not taking orders for any sketches to be shipped. Dale just doesn't have time to add that to his schedule. You wouldn't want him to fall behind on his AF work, would you?! :-b

There's a link to the refuge in my blog post, if ever you want to send them a donation. Canadians get a tax receipt!

Wolfie
    I never said I was objective.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Messor View Post
    Welcome aboard!
    I hope we don't scare you off.

- Mik
    "It's one thing to have a saying, it's another to live by it."
    ~ Gary & Shell
    Oh Mik, I'm a hardened pro by now, having been on the toughest comic book MBs for over a decade. I survived the DCMBs are their most vicious, and ended up with a club on there that stood out for being unusually civil. Our forum on Dale's site is an extension of that original club. How awesome is it that the whole AF creative team, including Ben Oliver, has now joined us over there? I think only Sonia isn't a member. Anyway, all that to say that you guys are lovely and not scary at all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Welcome Louise! Very glad to have you join us! Thanks so much for sharing Dale's sketches with us.
    Thanks Ben! Glad you enjoyed the sketches. The Sasquatch one is pretty funny, eh?
    Last edited by Wolfie; 05-24-2011 at 09:31 AM. Reason: Edited because I wrote "huh" instead of "eh" and that's just wrong.
    I never said I was objective.

It is indeed a hillarious Sasquatch sketch. I litterally spit out my morning coffee when I looked at it.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie View Post
    Oh Mik, I'm a hardened pro by now, having been on the toughest comic book MBs for over a decade. I survived the DCMBs are their most vicious,
    I've heard stories... Yeah, we're pussycats compared to them.

Be glad I didn't ask for a print...

- Le Messor
    "Parents learn a lot from their children about coping with life."
    ~ Muriel Spark