Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Favourite/Least Favourite member of AF

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    I'd take Manikin over any of the (new)Vol.3 characters in a heartbeat.
    Absolutely, plus apart from Flex, all the newbies in vol 2.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    It's funny. I always assumed his name to be a play on "Man and kin" though your reference works too.
    Regardless, I still liked the character, in that I liked the young doctor aspect of it.
    I think Manbot was worse. He made no sense to me, since I always thought Jeffries was why the armor could mutate.
    Manikin always struck me as Doogie Howser with powers. Manbot was a metal trud with feet, but because he did less, and was used to spy on AF he's a bit better than Manikin.
    Last edited by Alpha Rider; 07-09-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Oh come on guys! The Manikin hate is such a downer... Ain't no love for Highbrow, Apeman nor Proto!?!?! Well, I've got enough to go around. Those guys are awesome! And Manikin is a play on "Mannequin", a life-sized human form you might see in a department store window.
    Rob, that's what I assumed in the beginning when he was first mentioned as the next member of Beta Flight (in an issue of Marvel Age I believe). I even thought his powers might have something to do with halting motion in others. Then they introduced him in the comic and his powers were entirely different than anything I expected. If that is really what the name refers to, I don't get it.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    Absolutely, plus apart from Flex, all the newbies in vol 2.
    I loved Flex. Then again, I loved the concept of Centennial. You don't see many aged characters still active as heroes. I like a variety of heroes - races, ages, disabilities, etc. Guess that's why I have always liked Alpha.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

Favourite - Wild Child.
    Least favourite - Michael Pointer (followed closely by Goblyn).
    Support Artists, Not Companies! Creator-owned comics are where the real art is at!

My new website! http://lifelessordinarywebnovel.com/home.html Follow my super-powered web-novel adventures, "Life Less Ordinary"!

Twitter (1) = @RealWyldeChild
    Twitter (2) = @lifewebnovel

FaceBook = https://www.facebook.com/realwylde.child or search for me at " Life Less-Ordinary "

Also 'occasionally' ranting Alpha Flight related stuff at http://canadas-own-the-flight.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Ahab View Post
    Rob, that's what I assumed in the beginning when he was first mentioned as the next member of Beta Flight (in an issue of Marvel Age I believe). I even thought his powers might have something to do with halting motion in others. Then they introduced him in the comic and his powers were entirely different than anything I expected. If that is really what the name refers to, I don't get it.
    That's why I assume it was 'Many Kin'. All his counterparts are his Genepool (for want of a better word) from various points in time. Many Kin seems apprpriate.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    That's why I assume it was 'Many Kin'. All his counterparts are his Genepool (for want of a better word) from various points in time. Many Kin seems apprpriate.
    So curious - did you like his original power set or the later-on one-at-a-time power set. I think I liked the later version better because it controlled how powerful he was at any given time.
    Stop the Goblyn hate!

I preferred his second mutation, when he could call a specific aspect of himself to suit the situation he found himself in. Let's be honest given some of the mutants out there, his powers weren't so bad and under a decent writer he would probably be a valuable member to any team.
    Del

Think about it, the guy has the ability summon three time-phased versions of himself, one being primitively super strong and agile, the other a high-tech futuristic smarts guy and the third is a giant blob of semi-intelligent jelly who can shoot acid out of his pseudopods! How can you get any better than that??!? He's like 3 superheroes all in one and he can kick butt three different ways!!! I'd love to see him come back. One of my favorites!
    I look at him as a shape shifter that is limited to 3 shapes. Including one as a pile of goo. He really didn't become important until after Snowbird and "Doctor Shaman" left the team. They kinda make him redundant. You also have Sasquatch and Snowbird that can turn into Wendigo. Do you really need an Apeman?

A Strongman, A teleporter and a blob that can dissolve anything it chooses seems like worthwhile powers to me. If we were to deconstruct powers than we could diminish the worth of Marinna out of water, Puck against Giant robots. Manikin just needed the right stage and writer and unfortunately he never got that until Furman took over. By then it was to little to late.
    Del

Favorite: Guardian ( he is so awesome) love him.

Least Favorite: Michael Pointer (ehh really had no real least favorites but their you go)

Guardian ftw!!

you're right , michael pointer sucked!....worst ever! an american dressed in a guardian siut?!?!?!

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by eallison View Post
    I think maybe Wild Child, because I (admittedly, maybe unfairly, since I assume a lot of work was done with him later in the series) saw him as basically another Wolverine.
    Actually, I always felt he got more Wolverinesque as time and non-Byrnes went on.

Oh come on guys! The Manikin hate is such a downer... Ain't no love for Highbrow, Apeman nor Proto!?!?! Well, I've got enough to go around. Those guys are awesome! And Manikin is a play on "Mannequin", a life-sized human form you might see in a department store window.
    I like Mannikin.
    I've always figured his name plays on 'mannequin' and 'many kin' at the same time. Didn't he outright state 'many kin' at one point?

- Le Messor
    "If you say you love me, then try to change me into another person, you’re not telling me you love me, you’re telling me you love that other person."
    - me
    Last edited by DelBubs; 07-21-2011 at 10:30 AM.

Hi, first post.

Anyway, if you couldn't tell by my avatar and user-title, my favorite is Talisman. She was the most like my favorite x-characters at the time she was introduced (Kitty Pryde & Rachel Summers), and had a really cool power, costume and sense of self. She was fun, intelligent, and the pov character to help dig into these characters back stories.

Least favorite character would have to be Windshear. He just didn't feel right for the team.