Thread: Article: Northstar and Aurora in the Eaglemoss CMFC *UPDATED*

Default Northstar and Aurora in the Eaglemoss CMFC

Fantabulous update at the CMFC blog...Northstar and Aurora are officially in!

They may be a double-pack special, they may be individual figs in the next extension, but they are definitely in.

Prelim scupt picture from the blog:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	nadouble..gif 
Views:	136 
Size:	218.8 KB 
ID:	1111

Not crazy about the pose, but still...dang those are gonna be pretty when they're painted up.

To echo sentiments posted elsewhere on these forums, it's a good year to be an AF fan.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Is that based on that X-Men annual cover? (#1, I think, only way, way too late in the piece to really be #1?)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XMenAnnual..jpg 
Views:	150 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	1113

Just reminds me a bit of it.

- Le Messor
    "So many people fail to realise that "them" is really "us"."
    ~ P.K. Shaw

Yup, I believe so. I'd prefer something that showcases their personalities more, but there are worse things than to go, "Hey, remember the time that Mike Carey hit the reset button on the twins (praise be)?" every time I look at a shelf.

I've been waiting for some incentive to pick up the other figures. I had the Guardian, but he died in a fight with my grandson. So with the twins appearing I shall get my order in. Sentiment insist I get the Sas and Puck first.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Fiorello: Well, I don't know about that...
    Driftwood: Now what's the matter?
    Fiorello: I no like-a the second party, either.
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

Dude, those toys are made of lead! Ain't that bad for the grandkids or something? Blood poisoning or something? I know they are very tasty, but I thought they weren't supposed to be played with.
    Are you an Alpha Flight Collector?

http://alphaflightcollector.wordpress.com

They're not supposed to be played with, he kidnapped Guardian from the display cabinet. Didn't eat him, pulled him off the stand and then lost it.
    Del

Driftwood: Well, I got about a foot and a half. Now, it says, uh, "The party of the second part shall be known in this contract as the party of the second part."
    Driftwood: Well, you should've come to the first party. We didn't get home 'til around four in the morning... I was blind for three days!

My dog ate my Toyfair Limited Edition guardian I kinda fixed him, but he'll never be the same. My son is always asking to play with my AF toys, but I keep making him cry by saying they are not to be played with.

I have two Thunderbird 2's with drop out pods. My grandson eyes them up all the time, but I've resisted giving in. It's difficult though.
    Del

Quote Originally Posted by rplass View Post
    Dude, those toys are made of lead! Ain't that bad for the grandkids or something? Blood poisoning or something? I know they are very tasty, but I thought they weren't supposed to be played with.
    These might not be. Due to rising cost of material and shipping, Eaglemoss has been using more resin in their figures where they can. The Sasquatch fig, for example, is resin with a lead core for weight. Doesn't bother me any, so long as they look good.

Quote Originally Posted by DelBubs View Post
    Sentiment insist I get the Sas and Puck first.
    No love for the Snowbird one?

Not a great fan of the Snowbird, but the completest in me... Just need Marinna and Shaman now for the original line-up.
    Del

I wasn't in love with the Sas & Puck size ratio's but the completest in me kicked in, too.
    They're pretty accessible over here though and they're not too expensive in the grand scheme of things either, so it could be worse.

Harvester of Sorrows Department H
    Images

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    They're pretty accessible over here though and they're not too expensive in the grand scheme of things either, so it could be worse.
    You could've never seen them for sale anywhere, not even ebay, and not been able to get a single one despite being a completist?

- Le Messor
    "My house is filled with this ... stuff...,
    Shows up in bubble wrap
    Most every day.
    What I bought on eBay."
    ~ 'Weird Al' Yankovic, eBay

My LCS isn't doing back orders now so I've decided to go through Eaglemoss diredtly to back order all the figures. As to Northstar and Aurora, I can't see how they can do them as anything else but as a special.
    Del